Racer Newbie - Pink/Purple Texture Fix

Hi everyone, I'm new to Racer but using it for a university project from January so I thought I'd better start getting to grips with it. I've downloaded a Focus WRC and many of the interior textures are showing as pink/purple, which I understand means they're missing. Is there an easy fix for this? Can I ask how I'd go about just making a simple grey texture for them so they don't look so daft? Many thanks!

Focus screenshot - textures.png

Ah yes the classic pink and purple. Chances are the shader is calling non-existent textures. The shader can be opened with notepad (though I highly suggest notepad++). If the shader is missing entirely from the vehicle well you'll have to open the body.dof to be able to see what each material name is. You should get Zmodeler 1.07b to be able to open the dof, though I think you can also get Blender as well as the dof plugin to be able to open it. Once I'm home in front of my computer with Racer on it I can look over some more things then.

Ah yes the classic pink and purple. Chances are the shader is calling non-existent textures. The shader can be opened with notepad (though I highly suggest notepad++). If the shader is missing entirely from the vehicle well you'll have to open the body.dof to be able to see what each material name is. You should get Zmodeler 1.07b to be able to open the dof, though I think you can also get Blender as well as the dof plugin to be able to open it. Once I'm home in front of my computer with Racer on it I can look over some more things then.
Hi Harey, very useful tips there, thank you! I'll have a play and see what I can do

Hi Harey, very useful tips there, thank you! I'll have a play and see what I can do
Finally got to looking into it. If the car does not have a shader you can open the body.dof with modeler.exe and you can create a template shader with that.

I should note though, its only a template and will require work but all the material names as well as texture names will be in there. And incase the texture file it's looking for is missing you can change the name of the texture in the shader (example: its looking for glass2.tga, you could change it to glass.tga)

Finally got to looking into it. If the car does not have a shader you can open the body.dof with modeler.exe and you can create a template shader with that.

I should note though, its only a template and will require work but all the material names as well as texture names will be in there. And incase the texture file it's looking for is missing you can change the name of the texture in the shader (example: its looking for glass2.tga, you could change it to glass.tga)
Slight issue for this car is that it doesn't have a .dof file (that I can see anyway - it might be hidden somewhere?) so I'm pretty much stuck with it, but I'm sure it'll come in handy in the future, thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back