Racer forum back (merged)

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
As it is taking so much time again to have the official forum back, here is a new one Racers. If you guys need anything please drop it in this thread.

edit: have sent an email to Ruud what he would like to do

RD seems capable enough and has done well in the past, so I'm all for letting RD pick up where RSC leaves off (very unfortunate how they're now forced to end their forum). I'm modifying racer.nl to point here as the official forum.

R.I.P.. rest in peace...rust in peace rsc forum!
camo.jpg

What sections were suggested that you guys absolutely need?

Racer - Problems & Fixes

before we get too many threads about what stuff doesn't work on the new releases, for both users and developers, it'd be most helpful to have this as section of it's own, to keep it split from the general dicussions.

I expect this would suit both developmental bugs (ones Mr van Gaal fixes) and content/gameplay problems (which Boomer usually fixes)

• davidiau

We need seperate sections for cars & tracks, maybe a seperate section for Shader discussions. RSC had sections for released and unreleased cars and tracks, but maybe just Cars & Tracks sections would be fine.

• davidiau

I think having WIP and released sections makes it complicated over time, you end up with people posting in two threads about the same subjects, and if you have multiple projects it becomes impossible to keep track of everything.
Maybe just a locked post updated by a mod with a list of released cars & tracks & links to their threads would be better.

Also, maybe a competitions section is needed

• Tiberius

Agreed, the sections on RSC just ended up a mess with stuff posted everywhere. Besides, it's not like we get that much released in a short space of time. I'm tired so not really thinking clearly but a rough idea of what I'd be thinking is:

Cars - Both releases and work in progress.

Tracks - As with cars, both releases and work in progress..

Tutorials - We need a place on the forum somewhere for some tutorials, a few of us could write some new ones (I've got a few that I wrote for Blender a while back, was going to get them hosted somewhere).

Development - A place for any physics or graphics related threads, also a place for things like shaders. Like combining the old cars, tracks and physics sections from the RSC forum.

IMHO, the simpler the better, nothing worse than going on a forum and having 15-20 sections and not being able to work out where a thread should go :)

Cheers, Bruce.

Here is an idea:

If you use the forums to discuss WIP projects (cars & tracks) would it be useful to have a Racer section in our download database where only finished projects are uploaded. Click here for an example of our other games.

I can easily create some specific thread prefixes like WIP, Release or whatever and the thread starter can change it himself.

• davidiau

That works for me, we have cars & tracks subsections here, releases go into the downloads section and a link to it put in the first post of the track/car's thread here. In the downloads, we should have cars, tracks & tools sections.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.1%