Racer DOF exporter plugin for 3DS Max

I have tried and it says "DLL <D:\3DS MAX\stdplugs\dofexp.dlu> is not made for this version of the program - not loading". I thought that max9 is not the same that max 2009. I also tried to put dofexp.dlu from max8 and max2010 folders and max showed the same error in both cases.

Ok then... get Max2010? :p

Sure wish we had an exporter for blender animations, that does the same as the one for 3ds Max, it needs to be a python script. Anyone know how to do it?

I wish Autodesk didn't release a new version of Max every year...

its a cashcow, so why not..what they should have done was kept going with gmax, but with the ability to add plugins via sdk, i know that they dropped it due to the fact it wasnt a viable option..thats from what i heard anyways..it was more designed for game modders..but people wanted 3ds import/export little did they know that 3ds would be obsulete before long..personally if i'm gonna export anything from say for example zmodeler or whatever i'll use obj it's cleaner and doesnt mess up material, filename and normals..

Some1,
Have you tried the newest version? Some Blenders like it better than the UI in ver 2.49. I find Blender extremly easy to use and there are a tremendous number of tutorials available that are easier than the ones for 3DS Max that I've looked at.

Also the UI can be costomized to suit the user.

I haven't tried the latest version of Blender. I might give it a shot, once I get time... but honestly, I'm really used to Max, so I don't want to waste too much time learning a new tool.

if somethings not broke dont fix it (oh wait we're males thats what we do haha)..i'm saying this because i looked at blender and didnt understand it at all..hence the reason why i used 3dsmax, but since i'm retired from all things modeling and such..it doesnt matter

*goes back to his corner* LOL

Yes, Blender is a little hard to learn, but once it's learned it becomes quite easy to create stuff for Racer. Racer keeps changing the rules which make content creation difficult.

Doohhh...

Any chance of a 64bit Max2010 version Some1 :D

I've tried to go all 64bit with my new machine, to make the most of all my memory and so on... Max 32bit feels noticeably steady with big scenes, and there is also some cross-version issues with things like editable poly stacks and vert position corruption :(

If you get chance to generate/compile a 64bit version let me know :D

I'll maybe even send some beer tokens to make it worth your while :D

Dave

Doohhh...

Any chance of a 64bit Max2010 version Some1 :D

I've tried to go all 64bit with my new machine, to make the most of all my memory and so on... Max 32bit feels noticeably steady with big scenes, and there is also some cross-version issues with things like editable poly stacks and vert position corruption :(

If you get chance to generate/compile a 64bit version let me know :D

I'll maybe even send some beer tokens to make it worth your while :D

Dave

Ahh, yes, the 64bit versions. I guess at minimum, all I need is the Max 64bit SDK.

I'll see, what I can do about it, stay tuned! :)

I think I should start migrating (hehe, that word has a funny resemblance of migraine) to 64 bits as well, already got Windows 7 64bit installed.
Perhaps that old saying "if it works, don't fix it" is keeping me back :p

Hehe...

I just got my Win7 64 all set up, and I've gone all 64bit as much as I can so far. With the SSD HDD, and my swap file on a raptor HDD, with 8gig of ram, it'd probably be really fast anyway, but I like to think the 64bit addressing is helping make the most of the extra ram!

Deffo worth moving to I think... especially now RAM is so cheap you probably will be using 8gig+ in your system (I'm tempted to buy another 8gig soon to fill up my slots it's so cheap :) )

Dave

Hmmmm...

Is the correct behaviour of the exporter to look at the used texture channels texture names to generate the material names in any exported dof?
I seem to be getting material names called seats_02_red.tga, for example, rather than the material slot name of seats_02, which is used in 3DS Max.

I'm sure the second behaviour is how it worked before, but this new version in 2010.64 seems to be doing it the first way, which isn't so useful (especially as NO material will want .tga or .dds etc at the end of it's name hehe)

Is there a built-in rule for material naming somewhere?

Thanks

Dave

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back