Racer and 4WD cars

Discussion in 'Racer' started by Impreza WRX, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Impreza WRX

Impreza WRX

Ratings:
    +0
    After searching this forum, it becomes apparent to me that Racer will forever be doomed to having only 2WD cars accurately simulated. Just an observation.

*hopes for proper 4WD physics in Racer one day*

2. Krisz

Krisz

Ratings:
    +1
    Me too, but imo racer is currently more graphics simulator than driving sim.

3. DavidI

DavidI

Ratings:
    +54
    We don't even have 2WD's accurate, the content currently is the main problem. Racer itself is very good physics-wise. We don't have accurate pacejka for a start, its all mostly guessed values, and if the tyres aren't right, it's never going to be right no matter how accurate everything else is.
    It will improve, when 090's out a lot more content will appear, and it'll get more realistic with time. 4WD will also come, along with other features. Patience is a virtue, and a necessity with Racer.

Still, find something better for the price.

4. Mr Whippy

Mr Whippy

Ratings:
    +465
    The physics engine is good, and there is good realistic content, but because graphics look nice to everyone that is what we have mostly seen from Racer for a long time.

As DavidI said, once 090 is out we will hopefully start to see cars released that have great ini's too!

Dave

5. Impreza WRX

Impreza WRX

Ratings:
    +0
    I've followed Racer from the v0.42 days, and I occasionally give it a shot as new versions come around.

v0.42 was back when Race Sim Central forums were alive and kicking... nowadays, after several server crashes and hardware failures, it's just a ghost town. :(

6. Alex Forbin

Alex Forbin

Ratings:
    +125
    Yep, that's why you'll find us here now. It's good to know you're still checking up on us now and then. :)

Alex Forbin