Apps RaceEssentials [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, that is what I did, but it gives the error:
Python [ERROR] File apps/python/acnotify/acnotify.py not found in folder
That error is not related to RaceEssentials, but it's indicative of what might be going on. For whatever reason, your AC is having trouble loading apps or it's trying to load apps that don't exist and getting messed up.
Try the following:
- Disable all apps in Settings except RaceEssentials and see if it works (if that works, start re-enabling apps one by one to see which one is at fault)
- From Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg delete python.ini file, and enable only RaceEssentials in settings (again, if that works, start re-enabling apps one by one to see which one is at fault)
- If none of the above work; delete python.ini file (yes, again), delete the entire apps folder (backup it first just in case) from your AC install directory (in your case C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa) and run Steam integrity check. After that, reinstall RaceEssentials only and try if it works. If all is ok, only then start adding back one by one the apps you previously had.

After driving for a while with this app i have noticed that while racing it is hard to see your position/laps quickly. The reason is because they are "baked in" at the bottom and are surrounded by information. When you race you want/need to quickly glance at them, and its hard to find them fast which is what you need while in a race. I find myself trying to home in on them and i noticed i many times had to give up since i only have a split second to read them.

I know you probably change these things by now, and thats fine cause it is your app, but to have POS and LAP in bigger fonts on the right side, and have the fuel info where pos/lap is now would be amazing. Since fuel infos are 4 pieces they could be stacked 2 and 2 (2 above and 2 under). And with bigger font lap/pos in the right corner it would even look a bit cooler with the bigger gear/speed on the left and pos/lap on the right.

Just an observation that others, and you, might not share at all! :) For racing its really good to have as clear info as possible though since we have little time to read them. So positioning/focus is what makes it super duper excellent. :cool:

This is a great app Topuz, thank you for your efforts. I was wondering though, if we could possibly have an option to disable the pedal and force feedback displays, as I find them pointless and rather distracting. I thicker rpm bar would be better too imo and if the bar position could be switched with the digital rpm readout, it would be nearer the eye line and seen more easily. I know you’re looking into colour changes for the tyre temperature, which would be most welcome, but I would also like the rpm bar to change colour too, say green just as it approaches a change point and red when a change is required.

Thanks for the extensive feedback guys, I really appreciate it. Right now I'm focusing on information quality and reliability, bigger layout or design changes are unlikely to come in the near future. However, smaller changes like the mentioned rpm bar coloring might come along sooner since they don't require major rethinking of how the app looks and works. I also need to keep this app somewhat in line of my own interests since I don't want to risk it becoming a chore if I start catering to everyone's wishes. Keep all suggestions coming though, I read and consider everything thoroughly.

I like this HUD! It's a lot better than default one. :)

But I think that I had a bug with the best time:
- In a hot lap event, RaceEssentials saved an invalid time as my personal best
- Delta time is still calculated using an older time

Topuz updated RaceEssentials with a new update entry:

- A huge update to tyres section, now with coloring according to ideal pressures and temperatures for every Kunos car/tyre combo (check the FAQ for more info)
- Optimal tyre compound temperatures are now displayed next to compound short name
- Implemented delta pacing indicator
- Track grip is now displayed
- Ambient and track temperatures are now displayed
- Added background to all bars for better visibility
- RPM bar is now colored as well when near limiter for better visibility
- Some...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great update! Thank you. :)

Is it possible, and sorry if i missed this, to direct the PB save files somewhere else rather than my game drive? Would like to keep it from adding files to it. If possible.

Time to test the new version! :cool:

Great update! Thank you. :)

Is it possible, and sorry if i missed this, to direct the PB save files somewhere else rather than my game drive? Would like to keep it from adding files to it. If possible.

Time to test the new version! :cool:
Edit the line 124, set configDir to whichever path you'd like to use. I haven't tested this, but I don't see the reason why it shouldn't work.

I like this HUD! It's a lot better than default one. :)

But I think that I had a bug with the best time:
- In a hot lap event, RaceEssentials saved an invalid time as my personal best
- Delta time is still calculated using an older time
Odd. Does it still happen to you, if so, under what circumstances? Sorry for the late reply, I was out of country.

Great app Topuz, thank you guy.

One suggestion for the next update.

You could put an option to have the background transparent?

Just like the app are Kunos
There is already an option to do so. Open the RaceEssentials.py file with any text editor (I suggest Notepad++, but Notepad will do as well). After row 28 you'll find some customizable parameters including transparency. Glad you like the app, enjoy! :)

Topuz updated RaceEssentials with a new update entry:

- Fixed the stuff that got broken with AC 1.6 update
- Added all Japanese DLC car data to ideal pressures and temperatures list
- Tyre wear numerical value is now shown by default (and scaled from 94% to 100%). Scale value can be customized and numerical tyre wear can be disabled completely (für zee immersion reasons).
- Tyre slip ratio implemented, the tyre wear bars now go darker when tyre slip ratio increases
- Tyre compound label can now be clicked and toggles between ideal pressures...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey,

Great app! But was wondering why official Kunos tyre app shows sometimes different PSI for tyres during driving than your app?

It's a rounding thing. Kunos app (I think), just cuts off everything behind the decimal point, while my app rounds to a nearest whole number, so 35.9 psi is 35 in Kunos' app, but 36 in mine. Glad you like the app, hope it serves you well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%