RaceDriver GRID

UPDATE: Download the demo: click here

Codemasters has released the first images of Race Driver: Grid (Formerly known as Race Drive One).

It's a complete turnover of the RD-series and is focused on what's going on between the starting grid and the finish, according to Ralph Fulton (Head Games Design at Codemasters). Fulton also said that there's no place for designing race outfits and collecting cars.

Race Driver Grid will use the Colin McRae: DiRT engine with an increased damage model: "Damage as small as screws of the car that stay on the track, thus influencing the gameplay."

Gamers can race on official European circuits in cars made by Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Pagani and many more. In the cities of Detroit, Washington DC and San Francisco there are street races. Japanese cities provide the opportunity to race in neon-lighted streets.

Race Driver: Grid is being developed for PC, PS3 and XBOX360 and is planned for the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Screenshots: CLICK HERE.

[Source: Tweakers.net]

• Mika Pyhäjärvi

I tried this. Hated as much as CMR Dirt. Totally arcade racing. Naturally someone like arcade racing but for me its not an option! Graphics was surely stunning but thats not really enough for good racing game in my opinion.

About controlling the car the worst thing in the game is the FF, you can't feel the anything about the road, you can only feel that you're turning, and if you go over grip limit it does really strange things...

But this is not a sim but an arcade racer, and does that job really well with is nice features like career mode, own team, easy car painting, sponsor management, various racing tipes, etc.

And the graphics are amazing too!

But I like sims better, like GTR Evo:)

Imagine a game looking like Grid or even better, with that damage model or even more detailed....imagine all tracks and everything looking as realistic as can be and then imagine all cars have exact the specs they would have in real life and even better would handle just like them and there setup changes would affect them like they would for real....imagine the force feedback being perfect...imagine having all possible tracks and cars into this game...and the netcoding being perfect and all that..............and then I woke up :beer:

Cya in 10 years or so. :highfive:

• Darren Davie

New 8-ball DLC pack for GRID for Xbox360 and PS3 out today

New new pack is out today below is what Videogamer.com had to say

"Codemasters today announced the launch of the 8 Ball premium content pack for Race Driver: GRID on Xbox 360 and PS3 priced 800 MS Points and £6.29 respectively.

The new cars featured in the DLC include the McLaren F1 GTR, TVR Cerbera Speed 12, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X, Honda S2000, Nissan GT-R (S-G2008), VW Nardo, Pontiac Firebird Trans AM and the Volvo C30. Additionally the DLC introduces two new multiplayer events set on existing circuits.

The Xbox 360 pack will also include four new Achievements worth 25 points each: Jack Of All Trades - Win an online race in each of the 8 Ball pack cars, Drift Master - Achieve a 99x combo in the Honda S2000, Gas Guzzler - Clock up over 250 miles in your favourite 8 Ball pack car and Clean Passing - Win a clean race in an 8 Ball Pack car from last position.

Details of downloadable content for the Games for Windows version of Race Driver: GRID will be announced shortly."

Source
http://www.videogamer.com/news/04-12-2008-10100.html

• SteelDog

For me, GRID was retired when ******* came out. ******* is a much better racing game. GRID is insane with the unrealistic speed in which you race. GRID has really good graphics, but ******* has a better "racing feel".

I also retired ******. Same thing wrong with it. Doesn't feel like real racing with that "competitive realism". ****** feels like you are driving on ice. Great graphics, but who races graphics?

I have a 52" ******* with ******* receiver, ******** **** chair and a ** wheel. ******* kicks ****** and GRID's butt with this combination. ( I have played them back to back for comparison )

I have been video racing for over tens years now, and I feel ******* is the best racing game to come out. There are some glitches but they will be fixed soon.

If you like the feel of real competition, real race car sounds, vibration, bumps and all the sensory feedback you would expect in a "real Racing" game, then dump your GRID and ******. They don't even come close!!

Now, if you enjoy painting you car and taking photos, ****** will probably be the game for you, because you really aren't a racer at heart.

I thought GRID was the best for sometime. However, I detested the playing speed of the game. The cars where just way too fast. To me it was ridiculous and totally unrealistic ( no where close ).
It's not a game you can take turns accurately and precise.

While GRID comes close to providing a "racing feel", it is better than ****** by miles, it fails badly when compared to *******.

Well, ****'s ** ****** and * ** ******** ** **!! ( sentence edited so as not to appear aggressive or opinionated as per the criticism
below )

Post edited by me (SteelDog) as some words contained in my post mentioned other racing games and gaming accessory manufacturers in lieu of GRID.

GRID [PC] "Steering Lag" FIX !

ECH said:
I have noticed that both my wheel and game pad works better when rendering frames ahead is set to 0. For Radeon users it's called Flip Queue Size. For Nvidia users it's called maximum pre-rendered frames. Regardless of the term used it basically means that Direct3D allows the CPU to be up to three frames ahead of the GPU (I believe, if not correct someone can help me better explain it). Although this can increase frame rates it added input lag for me.

Reducing this value from 3 to 0 improved controller response for both game pad and wheel in other games but frame rates did dip a little. I've read a few threads that discuss this for those who were having wheel related lag problems. So I ask if CM could add an option to set this value to 0 from within the game's menu settings? I also inquire about this for Dirt 2 as well.

it works !!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years