RaceDriver GRID

UPDATE: Download the demo: click here

Codemasters has released the first images of Race Driver: Grid (Formerly known as Race Drive One).

It's a complete turnover of the RD-series and is focused on what's going on between the starting grid and the finish, according to Ralph Fulton (Head Games Design at Codemasters). Fulton also said that there's no place for designing race outfits and collecting cars.

Race Driver Grid will use the Colin McRae: DiRT engine with an increased damage model: "Damage as small as screws of the car that stay on the track, thus influencing the gameplay."

Gamers can race on official European circuits in cars made by Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Pagani and many more. In the cities of Detroit, Washington DC and San Francisco there are street races. Japanese cities provide the opportunity to race in neon-lighted streets.

Race Driver: Grid is being developed for PC, PS3 and XBOX360 and is planned for the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Screenshots: CLICK HERE.

[Source: Tweakers.net]

Didn't get the steer working like it should, sound drops frequently and it drives like a plastic bag in the wind (it works better with keyboard). If I've read these reviews instead the reviews I found on gamingsites I wouldn't have wasted one hour of my precious time and 800mb of my download limit installing the demo. I was fed up waiting on GTR Evo, that's why I tried it anyway. Way to arcade for me. If this looks like a sim (allthough it looks really good/a bit to much blur), then I'm no longer surprised they call Gran Turismo 'the real driving simulator'.

got an xbox 360 for the company raffle and tested it with grid. looks sweet, great crash model (well tested) as previously said. didn't feel too bad to drive and enjoyed it for what it is (taken into account i was getting used to the 360 controller). ai i found was a bit of a pain in the open wheelers when we locked wheels they just kept on accelarating and trying to get back onto track pulling me along with them as i tried to release the lock... may get the pc title for the kids to race with, plus a bit of light relief from simbins titles and rfactor, we'll see how the cash flows :)

Didn't get the steer working like it should, sound drops frequently and it drives like a plastic bag in the wind (it works better with keyboard).

It is very frustrating to begin with and I did find coming back to Race07 and GTL my driving was all over the shop. Since I stopped using my G25 with it and switch to an Xbox controller though I really enjoy just lying back on the couch and driving the arse off it.:D

• Dan Powers

its a nice relaxing driving game, its a nice change after are high concentration sims

IM thinking the same thing.... sort of. Grid has a one in my case. and more minuses.
It is easy to just jump in for 30 minutes and do some laps . I wont even think of tryin that with any of the simbin titles, Or arca or NR2003 for that matter.
Its sort of fun in multiplayer if ya can find a clean group... And in my trials on it its not worth the wait to find a good server host. If i do do well in a multiplayer race there it does nothing for me. Id rather place a midpack finish in any of the other Sims cause at least i feel like i earned it. Thats my feeling.

What cracks me up about it is ive got a few friends that think its a simulator :pound:

• Edward Leake

I can't stand it, bares no resemblence to driving whatsoever... just bloody awful.

I got quite angry at someone suggesting it was 'on par' with 'Gran Turismo' for realism, I nearly strangled them to death. :lol:

... just for the record I don't think Gran Turismo is realistic.

I can't stand it, bares no resemblence to driving whatsoever... just bloody awful.

I got quite angry at someone suggesting it was 'on par' with 'Gran Turismo' for realism, I nearly strangled them to death. :lol:

... just for the record I don't think Gran Turismo is realistic.

I've never understood how people can compare games like Gran Turismo or Forza for realism. I play both and use a wheel and have to say Forza comes closest to realism. however it does not offer realism in terms of handling etc.

With regard to GRID though I fail to see any realism. Plus I hate the fact that there is no qualifying and thus you start around 8-12th and have to fight up the field.

I am not against fighting my way to the front, but you start 12th and have 2-3 laps (even on endurance races) and the game is so easy that you somehow manage to be in the lead after 1 lap.

I do like the career aspect of making your own team and deciding where to race and lining up sponsors with needs to meet to make money.

• Gonzalo Diez

I think grid its an arcade game, compared with gtr, rfactor... but its a beautiful game with beautiful graphics and motors sounds very well

The graphics are sweet, gorgeous in fact, some of the best I've seen in any game. But that's all it has. The racing isn't fun, and I'm a noob :p In one race I was 5th on the 2nd lap, when I hit a parked lorry (go figure), and dropped to 12th/last place.
In 1 lap I hauled my self through the field and won, in a car with the front mashed up.

Evo is much more challenging

• Cedric Beugnet

Very beautiful game but it's an arcade game not a sim!!And i don't like players who disconnect in the first laps because they're not ahead.
For me a "young players game". Ok for the fun 5 minutes but not for sim.
I have the game and don't launch it since 2 months.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back