RaceDriver GRID

UPDATE: Download the demo: click here

Codemasters has released the first images of Race Driver: Grid (Formerly known as Race Drive One).

It's a complete turnover of the RD-series and is focused on what's going on between the starting grid and the finish, according to Ralph Fulton (Head Games Design at Codemasters). Fulton also said that there's no place for designing race outfits and collecting cars.

Race Driver Grid will use the Colin McRae: DiRT engine with an increased damage model: "Damage as small as screws of the car that stay on the track, thus influencing the gameplay."

Gamers can race on official European circuits in cars made by Aston Martin, Koenigsegg, Pagani and many more. In the cities of Detroit, Washington DC and San Francisco there are street races. Japanese cities provide the opportunity to race in neon-lighted streets.

Race Driver: Grid is being developed for PC, PS3 and XBOX360 and is planned for the 2nd quarter of 2008.

Screenshots: CLICK HERE.

[Source: Tweakers.net]

well since it's based on the CMR: DiRT Engine, it will handle liek it also I guess... Neve had the time to check CMR:DiRT out so I can't judge !

But they probably will try to implement simulation as best as possible. But knowing CM, that won't be quite succesfull tbh.

nice gfx as usual from codemasters but thats all they are good for the rest looks pretty arcadish
no way they earn only 1 cent from me for something like that
mybe someday codemasters will get it, and build up a real sim and dont pull out games
for softeggs

• Wido Rossen

Absolutly a big no.
The realism is far from realistic.
Way to mutch comparison with the movie the fast and the furious.
The first 3 rd game`s where at theire realease date very good.
But this ............no no no.

RaceDriver: GRID

93916086764frontxc6.jpg

Codemasters has released a new Gameplay footage of it's upcoming race game: RaceDriver: GRID

Check it out here: http://www.grid-game.com/index.php?territory=EnglishUK&#/movies/

For the detail watchers:
  • RACE CARS: Aston Martin DB9, Dodge Viper, Saleen, Porsche GT3 RSR, BMW320i WTCC, Chevrolet Nubira WTCC, Formula 3, Ford Mustang, Pagani Zonda S, Shelby Cobra (?), Le Mans car (Audi?)
  • DRIFT CARS: Nissan Silvia, Subaru Impreza, Mazda RX7, Nissan Skyline, Nissan 350Z
  • DESCTRUCTION CARS: Plymouth Barracuda, Chevrolet Camaro, Jupiter Eagleray MK5
  • RACE TRACKS: Spa-Francorchamps, Circuit De La Sarthre, Yokohama, Otukama
  • CITY TRACKS: Milan, Tokyo, Detroit

Also notice the damage model when the Plymouth crashes, and the interior view of the Pagani Zonda S.

Further more, there will be an online mode for up to 12 players at a time, next to the extended (singleplayer) Career Mode.

I'm starting to like this title !!! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back