RaceDepartment vs Wham! The 2020 Edition.

I wasn't playing but I just got WHAMmed out of nowhere. I thought I'd be safe this year, no radio, no tv, keeping myself to myself because of this bug going around.

But no, some complete a'hole just drove by, windows down, with the radio blaring out Last Christmas.

Stay safe and be careful, people. It's dangerous out there.

It's the 18th - can I still sign up? I've been playing since the 1st and still not Whammed! yet. But I had an extremely close call today. I was doing a Christmas quiz and I noticed that the questions had turned into "name the Christmas song".

Naturally, my thoughts were this:
tenor.png

...I managed to anticipate Wham! and plug my ears just in time! Safe - for now...

Annnnnd I’m out. Long boat ride home, decided to watch a YouTube video of this Japanese guy talking about how Christmas is depressing in Japan for single people and how all they play everywhere are depressing songs...flash to a clip of him listening to various Japanese songs...and the last one was like “oh yea and this western song is the most popular of them all!”...dead.

Really did not see it coming and I was doing so well, as I’ve been tempting fate listening to the radio all season long. Good luck everyone, it’s a jungle out in these virtual streets :roflmao:

Forgot to sign up remotely in time, but as a sidebar, so far, so good. All I've been hearing here in my house is the music from Hallmark movies, and luckily, they aren't bothering to actually license any music, so it's been all fun fun off-brand two-notes-off tunes thus far.

Last edited:
Annnnnd I’m out. Long boat ride home, decided to watch a YouTube video of this Japanese guy talking about how Christmas is depressing in Japan for single people and how all they play everywhere are depressing songs...flash to a clip of him listening to various Japanese songs...and the last one was like “oh yea and this western song is the most popular of them all!”...dead.

Really did not see it coming and I was doing so well, as I’ve been tempting fate listening to the radio all season long. Good luck everyone, it’s a jungle out in these virtual streets :roflmao:

Yea this wasn't my year...also today as soon as I jumped in the car to go meet someone down the road, it starts on the radio (to be fair, I was almost confident this station wouldn't play that song; guess I got lucky last year). Was destined to get whammed this time it seems. Damn you 2020, damn you to hell! :roflmao:

Last edited:
Got in the car today, turned on the ignition and the radio automatically came on - wife must have had it on when she was last driving and not switched it off before turning the engine off (I never listen to the radio in the car). Anyway, no prizes for guessing what was playing at the time... told my wife and she just grinned.

I’m out, was driving when I got a call, I answered, talked in the phone for about 40 mins. When I hang up I immediately got Whamed... I had forgotten to turn off the radio... Oh well, next year. ‍♂️

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back