RaceDepartment vs Wham! The 2020 Edition.

RACEDEPARTMENT vs WHAM! The 2020 Edition

I feel like I'm hearing Christmas music in the shops far too early again... It can only mean one thing - it's time for another rendition of RaceDepartment vs Wham! As previous players will know, the aim of the game is to make it to next year (2020) in your time zone without hearing any of the song Last Christmas by Wham!

This year the waters will be just as treacherous to navigate as every other year, seeing as the most successful Christmas single of all time (in Germany, at least) remains inexplicably popular, having been certified 2-times multi-platinum last Christmas!

Keep your wits about you, this song will be everywhere (I say, having managed to avoid a Whamming! so far). Give us your tales of daring escapes and amazing Whammings!

Rules:
  • You must make it to new year in your time zone, this is the end point.
  • The original Wham! version is the only one that eliminates you. If you hear a cover version or a remix, it doesn't count as an elimination.
  • When you hear the song, it counts as being Whammed! and you must post that you were eliminated and how.
  • No bait and trapping on this thread. Any links to the video not clearly marked on this thread mean an instant disqualification for the user linking.
  • You have until Wednesday 18th December to sign up - this is later than previous years, seeing as this thread's up a bit later than in it has done in previous years - but the competition starts from when you sign up.
  • If you are Whammed! before the entry deadline, you may try again if you wish, but you will be highlighted as such forever more.
  • Be honest. If you have been Whammed! don't hide it.
  • This thread is a safe zone. Listening to the song on this thread doesn't count as a Whamming. Use it to check if what you heard was the original version or not.
Tips:
  • Don't trust anyone. If you tell someone you are doing this and they aren't, they will try to Wham! you - do not trust your family, friends, spouses, co-workers, strangers, that guy you haven't spoken to since high school who happens to bump into you and, most importantly do not trust any other RD members! :confused:
  • If you do hear it start to play, you are out, so keep listening to see if it is the Wham! version or a cover, you could be lucky*.
  • Radio stations, TV channels and shops are all danger zones, be prepared to turn it off/leave/cover your ears and go "lalalalalalala" or "I'MMM DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS". :whistling:
  • Turn the volume off before clicking links, there is no penalty for seeing the video.

All in all, enjoy and don't get Whammed!

Attachments

• 2248.jpg
    2248.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 944
I am in. No mall visits in plan and wife now discovered Hamilton musical (politician not driver) so that is only thing playing in house. That should give me good chance to survive, unless I turn on trucker radio while doing ATS/ETS again. :D

Count me in! I'm isolating at the moment so the first few days should be safe at least. No plans on going anywhere in particular once I'm allowed out, so we'll see how I go. :thumbsup:

Sure I'm in!
My younger brother is playing Christmas songs in the house, so it's unlikely i make it :roflmao: he hasn't found Wham yet..

Politicians have musicals? I am now curious what this is about..
It's a Broadway play about one of the men who played a pivotal role in US independence and establishing our first government. Very very well done indeed. The only way I know of to watch it is on Disney+

Politicians have musicals? I am now curious what this is about..
Just type "Hamilton musical" on youtube, music is very nice combo of different rhythms. And story is from 200 years ago. Let's say like this: if someone made musical like this for Serbian history I would favor history in school. :roflmao:

Was in a shop today, tapping my foot to some background music. Then suddenly noticed it was Last Christmas! But then after a moment of alarm, I realised it was just a cover version :laugh:

Last edited:
Just type "Hamilton musical" on youtube, music is very nice combo of different rhythms. And story is from 200 years ago. Let's say like this: if someone made musical like this for Serbian history I would favor history in school. :roflmao:
Right.
I liked history in school, but I agree something like that would probably make it more interesting. :thumbsup:
Still, I was low-key hoping politicians are turning into musicians, and I was looking forward to hearing Vučić's new mixtape :inlove:

British history is blessed with the amazing "Horrible Histories" series of books and tv shows. If you want to be entertained while learning about British and Roman history, you can't do any better than them.

British history is blessed with the amazing "Horrible Histories" series of books and tv shows. If you want to be entertained while learning about British and Roman history, you can't do any better than them.

Oh, we certainly have our share of things we wish would not have happened.

Salem witch trials
Thousands of dead Native Americans
Japanese internment camps
COVID
David Hasselhoff

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back