RaceDepartment vs Mariah Carey 2021

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
RACEDEPARTMENT vs MARIAH CAREY 2021
Oh yeah, we've just hit Hard Mode! Welcome to the annual "Race Department vs Christmas Song" game, where the aim is to survive the yuletide period without hearing...that song. For years, we have had to avoid Last Christmas by Wham!, but that song isn't the real enemy of your ears and it's a few years overdue being retired after the tragic death of George Michael on Christmas Day 2016. Don't worry, there's one more song that induces ear bleeding...

1636389660448.png

Here is the song, for those lucky few people who don't know what we're talking about and avoiding. For your own sanity, avoid this song for life!

Rules:
  • You must make it to new year in your time zone, this is the end point.​
  • The original Mariah Carey version is the only one that eliminates you. If you hear a cover version or a remix, it doesn't count as an elimination. That Bieber duet version doesn't count, neither does the "Make my wish come true version)​
  • When you hear the song, it counts as being Careyed and you must post that you were eliminated and how.
  • No bait and trapping on this thread. Any links to the video not clearly marked on this thread mean an instant disqualification for the user linking.​
  • You have until 1st December to sign up - the competition started from the moment you first saw this thread.​
  • Be honest. If you have been Careyed don't hide it.​
  • This thread is a safe zone. Listening to the song on this thread doesn't count as a Careying. Use it to check if what you heard was the original version or not.​
Tips:
  • Don't trust anyone. If you tell someone you are doing this and they aren't, they will try to Wham! you - do not trust your family, friends, spouses, co-workers, strangers, that guy you haven't spoken to since high school who happens to bump into you and, most importantly do not trust any other RD members! :confused:
  • If you do hear it start to play, you are out, so keep listening to see if it is the Mariah version or a cover, you could be lucky*.​
  • Radio stations, TV channels and shops are all danger zones, be prepared to turn it off/leave/cover your ears and go "lalalalalalala" or "I'MMM DREAMING OF A WHITE CHRISTMAS". :whistling:
  • Turn the volume off before clicking links, there is no penalty for seeing the video.​
FInally, we can listen to George Michael's crooning in peace. Let the onslaught of the poisonous Xylophone intro begin!

Last edited:
I will play, but I will make no special effort to avoid the song. Going to stores, especially for Christmas shopping, is a must. And I'm also in the grocery at least twice a week.

Mariah has made it difficult it seems. Who else is going to join? Tag your friends to get them to join in the Yuletide tradition!

I was in a shop to buy a Christmas tree today when suddenly, I’ve been whammed ! I said to myself ah ah not this time George Michael, it won’t count this year. Happy to be whammed without any pain, I was walking through the shop when suddenly.. I’ve been Carreyed… literally the song after :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back