RaceDepartment Visits ProSimu In France

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 19.15.52.png

At the very kind invitation of Patrick Kubieniec from ProSimu in France, we pointed our car in the direction of Lille and set off on the two hour and forty minute drive to try out ProSimu’s T1000 motion simulator for home use.

ProSimu

ProSimu is a relatively new company on the sim racing scene. Patrick explains that his main aim is to provide his customers with the best possible motion for an affordable price. He has conceptualised, designed and constructed several motion rigs from 2DOF to 6DOF as well as six full-sized F1 simulators for the company, URACE.

When it comes to his dedication to sim racing, Patrick is a very capable and amicable bloke, the type of bloke you can like straight away. He is very passionate about both his commitment to his customers and the sim racing scene in general, not to mention ferociously proud of the fact that he is offering French-built products for sale to the global sim racing community.

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 22.07.02.jpg

The T1000 2DOF Motion Rig

I will be receiving a T1000 motion rig to test and review shortly, so I will stick to first impressions for now and not go into the specifics of how it is constructed. With that said, the basic premise of the T1000 2DOF motion rig is that it sits on two “Dionetic’’ 400n actuators mounted just rearwards of the driver’s feet. Located at the rear of the rig under the seat, is a curved or rocker tube, which rests on the floor. This tube allows the rig to move on its axis and work in conjunction with the front mounted actuators whilst in motion.

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 19.18.38.png

First Impressions

On first seeing the T1000 in real life, the initial thing that struck me was the compactness of the design. Although the T1000 is 2DOF, Patrick has managed to create a motion rig which gives you a good range of motion and transmits the suspension, gear shift and braking forces quite well. The sim motion software Patrick employs also allows for the adjustment of the axes as well as the intensity of movement. After playing around with the settings for a while, I arrived at a level of motion that I felt was a good representation of the selected in-game car.

Driving The T1000 Motion Rig

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 15.31.05.jpg

My first experience with the T1000 was a positive one, the initial impression of driving with this motion rig is good, considering the limited DOF, it was definitely fun to drive.

When using Assetto Corsa, which Patrick believes to possess one of the best telemetry models for motion, each car I tried had its own characteristics and felt different whilst driving with the T1000. The Nissan GTR felt like a heavy sedan with the engine over the front axle and the Lotus F1 felt much stiffer with more pronounced gear shifts, a bumpier overall ride and less pronounced body roll. I also tried the Corvette C7 race car with that massive V8 up front, this felt totally different to the other two cars with an even more pronounced gear shift than the GTR.

There is always room for small improvements in the design and Patrick is very open to any constructive criticism or suggestions and views all feedback as being of a positive nature. As I stated earlier, I will be receiving a T1000 from Patrick shortly and pairing this rig with my Oculus Rift DK2, so please keep an eye out for my test and review of this motion rig, which will be coming soon.

We would like to extend our thanks to Patrick for his hospitality and looking after us so well during our visit to France.

Some say..................any one with the name Stig should be super quick, so here is proof. It helps to have a hyper sonic Mini Cooper and reside in The Netherlands :cool:

Cheers mate, AussieStig

But seriously, great article. Too expensive for me, but looks like a great bit of kit.

Upvote 0
But seriously, great article. Too expensive for me, but looks like a great bit of kit.
Ta mate, glad you enjoyed the read. I will be testing a T1000 soon, as far as the price goes, there are a few rigs for sale that are nearly double the price and do the same thing. Once I have reviewed it and compared it to other rigs I have tried I will be able to judge if it is good value for those hard earned sim racing dollars.

Cheers AussieStig

Upvote 0
Nice article. Thanks for taking the time to report back on another new sim racing based company. It's a competitive market so all the best to them.

I looked at the website and the T1000 is like you say probably the cheapest motion rig I've seen. I would be curious about one thing, I may have missed it but if you find out how much it weighs in total that would be useful to me.

Upvote 0
I bought static version of Prosimu T1000 few months ago and I'm very happy with it.
It's cheap (of course, nobody has same perception of "cheap" but less than 600€ for a complete rig + seat, it's obviously competitive), easy to mount, compact, and very good quality material,
To be honest I was worrying about life time of the OMP/chinese seat but after 6 months of daily use, nothing has moved.
Minus point is it's bit long to find perfect driving position with the multiple screws. But at least you can find it and once it's done, it doesn't move anymore.

But very good point of this T1000 is it's evolutive.
For sure I would never have spent 2000€ at once for buying complete dynamic rig.
But I know for 1500€ I can modify my static rig to dynamic one and now I'm seriously considering it.

Upvote 0
Nice article and very interesting product, appears very good value with a cockpit included but I would guess shipping to oz would be steep. Any idea how does it compare to the Next Level motion rig which attaches under the seat of existing cockpits ?

Upvote 0
Nice article and very interesting product, appears very good value with a cockpit included but I would guess shipping to oz would be steep. Any idea how does it compare to the Next Level motion rig which attaches under the seat of existing cockpits ?
Hey Blanes,

Thanks for the compliment mate, I have yet to try the Next Level rig, I am hoping to very shortly, as there should be one at GamesCon 2015 in Cologne Germany. I will be there next week for the press day so if I can find it I will definitely give it a go and let you know my thoughts. Please stay tuned.

I will ask about shipping to Oz, I know Patrick already has a couple of Aussie clients so it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

Cheers mate, AussieStig

Upvote 0
cheers mate, yeah do let us know how you go and I just watched the youtube video you put up as well, looks like heaps of fun. I use my Rift Dk2 for racing 90% of time now and motion looks to be the perfect partner for that to get a full blown sense of immersion.

Upvote 0
cheers mate, yeah do let us know how you go and I just watched the youtube video you put up as well, looks like heaps of fun. I use my Rift Dk2 for racing 90% of time now and motion looks to be the perfect partner for that to get a full blown sense of immersion.
Cheers mate, I hope to have an answer for you by the end of the week. Totally agree with the DK2 and motion combo, this is where sim racing is headed, affordable motion and VR will make a huge difference to the level of immersion you can create with these two technologies.

Cheers AussieStig

Upvote 0
Hey blanes,

I have an answer from ProSimu for you mate, the price to you for shipping to Australia would be €150 (Euros) shipped with FedEx + / - 3 days. Quite a good deal I reckon.

Hope that this helps, let us know how you get on, cheers AussieStig

Upvote 0
Nice article. Thanks for taking the time to report back on another new sim racing based company. It's a competitive market so all the best to them.

I looked at the website and the T1000 is like you say probably the cheapest motion rig I've seen. I would be curious about one thing, I may have missed it but if you find out how much it weighs in total that would be useful to me.
Hey Andrew,

Sorry for the late reply mate, here is an overview of the shipping info should it be shipped to anywhere in the world:

1 colis - 19.0 kg - Dimensions 120 cm x 50 cm x 7 cm
1 colis - 24.0 kg - Dimensions 50 cm x 50 cm x 30 cm

Thanks for liking my first impressions article and stay tuned for when I review the T1000 at my home together with the Oculus Dk2

Cheers AussieStig

Upvote 0
I very much dislike motion but if you're into it, this seems like a very good price for what it is - Especially when compared to similar rigs trying to accomplish similar movement. Good read, ozstig

Upvote 0
I very much dislike motion but if you're into it, this seems like a very good price for what it is - Especially when compared to similar rigs trying to accomplish similar movement. Good read, ozstig
Cheers mate, glad you enjoyed the article, who knows, I may even be able to convert you when you read the upcoming review :-P

Cheers AussieStig

Upvote 0
Haha I should probably re-phrase so I'm not made to eat my words in that case - I very much dislike most motion (systems).

I have seen 2 system which I absolutely would die for (cran and FD) the pricing keeps me out unfortunately! Look forward to that next review,

Upvote 0
Those big Slosh machines are good for One of 2 thing, Amusement rides or Flight sims, Driving sims = No bueno

Hi buddy

If you are referring to the FD401cr , respectfully disagree. Maybe those types of machines are pretty tuned way too far up on the motion and feedback, in which case I would agree with you.

In the case of the 401cr in my humble pinion if tuned properly on the right motion profile it addresses many issues other rigs do not, namely rotation and motion washout.

I think your statement applies more appropriately to something like the cruden sim which use 440v/actuator and are wrong 50% as they washout the motion just as much as miniature versions.

Upvote 0
+do not account for rotation which is quite important if you're going with motion!

On the other hand I like something like the cran unit which can be updated in stages, and the motion washes out quite early but the sensation is sustained by pressurized seat and tensioning belt system. Very very interesting unit :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 292 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years