RaceDepartment Visits ProSimu In France

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 19.15.52.png

At the very kind invitation of Patrick Kubieniec from ProSimu in France, we pointed our car in the direction of Lille and set off on the two hour and forty minute drive to try out ProSimu’s T1000 motion simulator for home use.

ProSimu

ProSimu is a relatively new company on the sim racing scene. Patrick explains that his main aim is to provide his customers with the best possible motion for an affordable price. He has conceptualised, designed and constructed several motion rigs from 2DOF to 6DOF as well as six full-sized F1 simulators for the company, URACE.

When it comes to his dedication to sim racing, Patrick is a very capable and amicable bloke, the type of bloke you can like straight away. He is very passionate about both his commitment to his customers and the sim racing scene in general, not to mention ferociously proud of the fact that he is offering French-built products for sale to the global sim racing community.

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 22.07.02.jpg

The T1000 2DOF Motion Rig

I will be receiving a T1000 motion rig to test and review shortly, so I will stick to first impressions for now and not go into the specifics of how it is constructed. With that said, the basic premise of the T1000 2DOF motion rig is that it sits on two “Dionetic’’ 400n actuators mounted just rearwards of the driver’s feet. Located at the rear of the rig under the seat, is a curved or rocker tube, which rests on the floor. This tube allows the rig to move on its axis and work in conjunction with the front mounted actuators whilst in motion.

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 19.18.38.png

First Impressions

On first seeing the T1000 in real life, the initial thing that struck me was the compactness of the design. Although the T1000 is 2DOF, Patrick has managed to create a motion rig which gives you a good range of motion and transmits the suspension, gear shift and braking forces quite well. The sim motion software Patrick employs also allows for the adjustment of the axes as well as the intensity of movement. After playing around with the settings for a while, I arrived at a level of motion that I felt was a good representation of the selected in-game car.

Driving The T1000 Motion Rig

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 15.31.05.jpg

My first experience with the T1000 was a positive one, the initial impression of driving with this motion rig is good, considering the limited DOF, it was definitely fun to drive.

When using Assetto Corsa, which Patrick believes to possess one of the best telemetry models for motion, each car I tried had its own characteristics and felt different whilst driving with the T1000. The Nissan GTR felt like a heavy sedan with the engine over the front axle and the Lotus F1 felt much stiffer with more pronounced gear shifts, a bumpier overall ride and less pronounced body roll. I also tried the Corvette C7 race car with that massive V8 up front, this felt totally different to the other two cars with an even more pronounced gear shift than the GTR.

There is always room for small improvements in the design and Patrick is very open to any constructive criticism or suggestions and views all feedback as being of a positive nature. As I stated earlier, I will be receiving a T1000 from Patrick shortly and pairing this rig with my Oculus Rift DK2, so please keep an eye out for my test and review of this motion rig, which will be coming soon.

We would like to extend our thanks to Patrick for his hospitality and looking after us so well during our visit to France.

Sorry but actuator's have never really impressed me once i caught wind of what DC motor's were capable of, Not to mention they are 1/5 the cost and make essentially No noise.

100kg actuator's must be significantly slower VS the 40kg units........Ive been spoiled with 25:1 gear boxes and 500+mm/sec speeds. So a Full frame unit imo isn't fast enough, also it goes against the seat mover theory of motion.

I'm very happy if you find/build you're own simulator. I try and build a lot of motion simulator and the first was a seat mover ;-)
With experience and several years of building/testing simulators i know that some people prefer a 6 DOF motion plateform, some other a seat mover, other vibration seat.... it depends of the feeling between the pilot/simulator and obviously the money inside the pocket ;-)

Thanks Patrick

Upvote 0
Hey Blanes,

Thanks for the compliment mate, I have yet to try the Next Level rig, I am hoping to very shortly, as there should be one at GamesCon 2015 in Cologne Germany. I will be there next week for the press day so if I can find it I will definitely give it a go and let you know my thoughts. Please stay tuned.

I will ask about shipping to Oz, I know Patrick already has a couple of Aussie clients so it shouldn't be too hard to find out.

Cheers mate, AussieStig
Hey Aussie Stig,
I always enjoy reading your reviews, Cheers.
Mate You are welcome to try the Next Level Motion Platform at my place, Next time your back in OZ. I retro fitted mine to a custom rig. Got some other high end gear you can check out at the same time. You bring the beers I'll cook the Barbie. :cool:

Upvote 0
Hello, can somebody please tell me the measurements/dimensions of the rug. I would like to build a MDF platform in advance.I am really interested in getting a motion seat but I'm very worried about the noise of the actuators. To eliminate the vibration, impact sound of the simulator I found in material that is probably capable of to deal with it. I think my biggest problem is that I'm living in a multifamily house :(

thx

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hello, can somebody please tell me the measurements/dimensions of the rug. I would like to build a MDF platform in advance.I am really interested in getting a motion seat but I'm very worried about the noise of the actuators. To eliminate the vibration, impact sound of the simulator I found in material that is probably capable of to deal with it. I think my biggest problem is that I'm living in a multifamily house :(

thx

My t1000 2dof is in the livingroom with no complaints so far. Others can still watch tv and converse with the motion on...( the settee is less than 1mtr away ) albeit mounted on 40mm anti vibration matting and besides i wear headphones so if they're ever moaning i never hear them :) the matting is 1.3m x 1m and fits the rig perfectly

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years