RaceDepartment Visits ProSimu In France

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 19.15.52.png

At the very kind invitation of Patrick Kubieniec from ProSimu in France, we pointed our car in the direction of Lille and set off on the two hour and forty minute drive to try out ProSimu’s T1000 motion simulator for home use.

ProSimu

ProSimu is a relatively new company on the sim racing scene. Patrick explains that his main aim is to provide his customers with the best possible motion for an affordable price. He has conceptualised, designed and constructed several motion rigs from 2DOF to 6DOF as well as six full-sized F1 simulators for the company, URACE.

When it comes to his dedication to sim racing, Patrick is a very capable and amicable bloke, the type of bloke you can like straight away. He is very passionate about both his commitment to his customers and the sim racing scene in general, not to mention ferociously proud of the fact that he is offering French-built products for sale to the global sim racing community.

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 22.07.02.jpg

The T1000 2DOF Motion Rig

I will be receiving a T1000 motion rig to test and review shortly, so I will stick to first impressions for now and not go into the specifics of how it is constructed. With that said, the basic premise of the T1000 2DOF motion rig is that it sits on two “Dionetic’’ 400n actuators mounted just rearwards of the driver’s feet. Located at the rear of the rig under the seat, is a curved or rocker tube, which rests on the floor. This tube allows the rig to move on its axis and work in conjunction with the front mounted actuators whilst in motion.

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 19.18.38.png

First Impressions

On first seeing the T1000 in real life, the initial thing that struck me was the compactness of the design. Although the T1000 is 2DOF, Patrick has managed to create a motion rig which gives you a good range of motion and transmits the suspension, gear shift and braking forces quite well. The sim motion software Patrick employs also allows for the adjustment of the axes as well as the intensity of movement. After playing around with the settings for a while, I arrived at a level of motion that I felt was a good representation of the selected in-game car.

Driving The T1000 Motion Rig

Screen Shot 2015-07-20 at 15.31.05.jpg

My first experience with the T1000 was a positive one, the initial impression of driving with this motion rig is good, considering the limited DOF, it was definitely fun to drive.

When using Assetto Corsa, which Patrick believes to possess one of the best telemetry models for motion, each car I tried had its own characteristics and felt different whilst driving with the T1000. The Nissan GTR felt like a heavy sedan with the engine over the front axle and the Lotus F1 felt much stiffer with more pronounced gear shifts, a bumpier overall ride and less pronounced body roll. I also tried the Corvette C7 race car with that massive V8 up front, this felt totally different to the other two cars with an even more pronounced gear shift than the GTR.

There is always room for small improvements in the design and Patrick is very open to any constructive criticism or suggestions and views all feedback as being of a positive nature. As I stated earlier, I will be receiving a T1000 from Patrick shortly and pairing this rig with my Oculus Rift DK2, so please keep an eye out for my test and review of this motion rig, which will be coming soon.

We would like to extend our thanks to Patrick for his hospitality and looking after us so well during our visit to France.

Hey guys, Patrick has been posting some developments for his T1000 2 Motion, T1000 3 Motion, T1000 4 Motion and T1000 5 Motion rigs. They now feature traction loss as well. More details will be available soon. The review unit is getting closer :-P

Cheers AussieStig

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 12.22.30.png

Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 12.22.19.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 12.22.04.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 12.21.50.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 12.21.35.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-24 at 12.21.16.png

Upvote 0
Interesting idea, but looks like it severely lacks travel, Didn't see one "full axis travel" moment.

From personal experience too, Travel is what you Really need for TL, moving 1-2" for a Full stroke Traction loss moment will be over powered by the Sway axis and you'll feel next to nothing.

Upvote 0
A couple more videos and I can confirm that I will be reviewing the 2DOF with traction loss :) Should be very interesting combined with the Oculus DK2. :-P

Cheers AussieStig

EDIT Sorry guys videos are incoming stay tuned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bum links Aussie

I look forward to hearing what you think when you have a unit to tweek and play with on your own time.
Apologies mate, they should work now. I will give it a good workout and try as many things as I can with it. My first impressions in France were positive so we will see if it holds up under closer scrutiny.

Cheers AussieStig

EDIT, the videos seem to work and then they don't, my apologies for the intermittence of the playback. Once they are posted to youtube I will place the links here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@AussieStig ; have you already received your reviewing unit?
the rig looks very nice and would love to give it a try :).

The actuators look like SCn5 or SCN6 types. But looking at their specs on the internet, I do not think the normal ones could handle a whole rig to move. Do you know what type is being used?

Upvote 0

The actuators look like SCn5 or SCN6 types. But looking at their specs on the internet, I do not think the normal ones could handle a whole rig to move. Do you know what type is being used?
Hey mate, I will be receiving the rig towards the end of this month. I am looking forward to trying the latest version T1000 2DOF with traction loss. The actuators are the same ones used by Frex, and they are plenty strong mate. I will keep you guys posted once I have it here.

Cheers AussieStig

Upvote 0

FYI, SNC5's and 6's are Very limited to the actual amount of weight they are capable of dead lifting, you might be surprised as to how little they actually can.

No worrie about the actuators :

We use 40kgf for the 2 motion and 100kgf for the 4 Motion (a specific request for ProSimu!). Each actuators of the 4 motion are capable to raise 100kg!

We build simulator since 2009 and have big experience with 2 to 6 DOF.

All actuators/motors have a speed/weight curve, in other word, they go fast when the weight is light and go slowly when the weight is heavy.
In our video 2/motion and 4/5 motion did you see the reactivity? It's amazing.

And finally all our product have a warranty of 2 years.

Thanks Patrick

Upvote 0
Sorry but actuator's have never really impressed me once i caught wind of what DC motor's were capable of, Not to mention they are 1/5 the cost and make essentially No noise.

100kg actuator's must be significantly slower VS the 40kg units........Ive been spoiled with 25:1 gear boxes and 500+mm/sec speeds. So a Full frame unit imo isn't fast enough, also it goes against the seat mover theory of motion.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 258 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 169 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 167 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 125 7.4%
  • < 5 years