RaceDepartment Rally Championship - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick-is this the appropriate thread, or should it be in the sign-up thread?

I wish to move to the division other than the champions division in the championship. My mid field and lower 1/3rd field finsihing positiosn have let me know I need some skills...

Cheers,

James

Yep, right thread.

The way this work is as follows. James PM'd me asking to move to champions league. I told him to post his request here. Now is it up to anyone that objects to say so. If no one has an objection then James can choose from the N4 and S2000 cars from round 4 on. To make sure he is not waiting until the last minute, if no one objects by Friday 18th I will allow this move.

Should anyone else think they should move from Premier league to Champions league they should also post the reqest here. How ever, you must give a MINIMUM of 1 week before the event for people to protest. If you don't ask a full week prior to the event then you will have to wait until the following round to change.

As much as I'd like for everyone to be able to pick a league of their liking, in the spirit of current RDRC rules isn't James too fast for Champions? I know that Norbert dominates the Championship right now, but James' times aren't really slower than mine, Warren's or Rick's right now. Two top 15 finishes aren't too shabby either unless it was the best-you-can do, cannot-go-any-faster stuff, James.

I wouldn't want to be the deciding vote, just giving my insight as I am myself very fond of the N4/S2000 cars and was initially a bit forced into a WRC, but now I appreciate the wilder, more powerful ride. Use it as training (oh yes, it gives you some serious workout, pushing a WRC) and prepare for a change in S3, maybe?

Also not everyone can be in top 10 in 70+ driver field with regular 50 entrants...

If I was the one making the desicion, I would allow the change. Because if James would then outpace the Champions League, I would simply move him back up with the other nuts in WRC cars :tongue: This is not a deadly serious league, so my vote goes for the wanted change of class. If it was the real life WRC on the other hand, I would smack you i the back of the head and tell you to go faster :wink:

.... in the spirit of current RDRC rules isn't James too fast for Champions? I know that Norbert dominates the Championship right now, ......

Not sure I'd fully agree with this conclusion after comparing James' times with the leaders in Champions League. For example, Norbert has consistently been faster than James in most Stages of each Round so far, and James is driving a (supposed) faster car. There are a couple of other Champions League drivers who are also consistently quicker.
By this logic, maybe a couple of the Champions league drivers are also too fast for that League.

Of course, there a few Premier League drivers currently well behind the leaders in Champions League. :wink:

Of course, there a few Premier League drivers currently well behind the leaders in Champions League. :wink:

I think this is more to do with consistancy than pace. If these drivers were put into premier league I am not sure they would match the pace as Lukasz and Dariusz have done;)

However there SHOULD be a change for next season to make this situation a little better and easier.

Also, there are provisions in the rules for a change like this to happen............

Note:- If a driver disagrees with their placement in "Premier" league they can publicly request (in the league thread) for a re-classification to "Champions'" league. This will allow any other league driver to object or support them. However the rally directors 'decision will be final.

This was put in for this situation. And Although nobody seams to want to make a firm statment of YES the move is supported or NO it is not, that is what is needed here. While I would prefer you post here I will understand if you want to PM me to remain un-known.

We simply need to get rid of this rule, one way or another, and make any restricting rules absolutely crystal clear. I don't vote for no, as it's of no real benefit to me (or the league) to block this move. That means 2:0 in favor so far.

No objections to the change for James.

If my next 2 rallies are anything like my last 2, i might be requesting a change to join James in Champions:tongue::wink:

GL in champions James.

Yep, right thread.

The way this work is as follows. James PM'd me asking to move to champions league. I told him to post his request here. Now is it up to anyone that objects to say so. If no one has an objection then James can choose from the N4 and S2000 cars from round 4 on. To make sure he is not waiting until the last minute, if no one objects by Friday 18th I will allow this move.

Move approved? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 131 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline