RaceDepartment Rally Championship - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entry list is now posted in the first page of this forum. These are the numbers you will have for the rest of the season.

Entries HAVE NOT CLOSED but anyone that joins now will be given the next number in line. This was done EARLY so anyone wanting to put there correct number on their skin would have to time to do so.

Good luck everyone!

RDRC Shakedown US

I,m probably being a retard but couldn't see the event in Start Online Session button:confused:, i could see the rally in the window on the right ( under - Now Running ) and in public sessions on rallyesim.com as active, but no way to join. Did i missed something?

EDIT: as soon as it past 02:15GMT it went to ''finished'' on rallyesim.com. Is that normal because no one managed to enter before the start of stage 1?

Something is wrong for me anyway... :(

RDRC Shakedown US

I,m probably being a retard but couldn't see the event in Start Online Session button:confused:, i could see the rally in the window on the right ( under - Now Running ) and in public sessions on rallyesim.com as active, but no way to join. Did i missed something?

EDIT: as soon as it past 02:15GMT it went to ''finished'' on rallyesim.com. Is that normal because no one managed to enter before the start of stage 1?

Something is wrong for me anyway... :(

I think the start time may have been wrong.
I just checked the Server and it was set for 2.00 Start, but that is Server time. That would have been 1.00GMT Start time.

Still strange that you couldn't join part way through. :confused:
I thought I read someone else reporting that they couldn't join mid Rally (may have been Robb), you certainly could with RSRBR2010.

There are 2 types of public session, in the one with cumulative damage you cannot join midway thru, you have to join for SS1. The regular public session can be joined at any stage in the rally.

There are 2 types of public session, in the one with cumulative damage you cannot join midway thru, you have to join for SS1. The regular public session can be joined at any stage in the rally.

Thanks Aaron, that is a very important point to know for the RDRC S2. Don't be late guys. :wink:

EDIT: I've updated our RBR FAQ Sticky thread to include this one.

I have a question which have been bugging me a bit; how can you prevent leaking info about the weather? If (team) mates are driving at different times one could informed the other, right? And what about the person who decides what the weather is going to be like, isn't he in favor position to the rest of us? Also when the event is made isn't it avaliable to see on rallysim.com with the full details?

Don't get me wrong guys, i,m not suggesting anything about anyone, just want to get some things clear. :)

Ok, here are the answers.

You can not stop team mates or friends from passing on the information regarding the weather. But if you are waiting untill then to practice in all the weather conditions then you will be finishing last or crashing anyway. EVERYONE should be practising in ALL conditions if you want to win, lol. But no, I don't think you can see the weather details on rallyesim.

As for the person that decides the weather.............no one does;). I have a system in place that WILL dictate the conditions closer to the event. Event I don't know what they will be yet.

The last-minute weather is a very good idea IMHO. It's not going too far by a bit - for comparison in the Polish champ the entire list of stages is not released till 24 hours before the event start (you know the general feel of the rally by knowing the real event it's supposed to mimic + weather is as closely matched to the weather on that event as possible). Personally I wouldn't mind if Rick took some inspiration from that too, but it's his decision to make :).

The last-minute weather is a very good idea IMHO. It's not going too far by a bit - for comparison in the Polish champ the entire list of stages is not released till 24 hours before the event start (you know the general feel of the rally by knowing the real event it's supposed to mimic + weather is as closely matched to the weather on that event as possible). Personally I wouldn't mind if Rick took some inspiration from that too, but it's his decision to make :).

I would love to make the stages secret as well but for fairness I would then have withdraw from driving. It would be to open for speculation if I was to win by doing that. So untill I start driving in another championship or for another reason stop driving here I HAVE to keep the stage selection transparent. The weather will be decided closer to the event using a predetermined system. This way even I don't Know what it will be.

lol not to mention the Dakar guys, I believe more Dutch guys crashed out on the public roads than on the stages xD (Sorry for offtopic)

But another way is to have 12 guys choose a stage, and then you are not allowed to drive your own chosen stage... only problem is some people will choose the same stage, maybe 6 guys can choose 2 stages from a different country? Might be worth a try in the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%