RaceDepartment Rally Championship - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I have read every rules and every topic, but I haven't found only one thing (or at least I haven't notieced).

How long will be the servers opened? I mean for example, I apply for RDRC Rd1 EU1 timezone, and can I do the rally at Sunday? Or I have to do it on Saturday?

You must join the server within 15 minutes of the listed session start time.

Yes, you are able to drive, but all stages after the one you retire on are listed as "retired" in the status in the public session mode that allows cumulative damage. It might confuse people if they are not aware that they can continue to run stages and the time will be counted even if the status is "retired" in RSCenter.

are you sure that the cumulative damage wasnt for the whole session?

seems like I will do some test rally with this to understand how does it work

Wait, I wrote that a bit wrong. You have 15 min after the start time to join. So if the start time is 20:00 GMT, you won't be able to join the server till that time and the first stage starts at 20:15 GMT. When the first stage starts you have 60 seconds to enter it.

Yeah, that's clear. The only thing I didn't know, if I apply for EU1, can I start the rally for example at 11 pm on Saturday, or not. But now everything is clear, thank you! :)

are you sure that the cumulative damage wasnt for the whole session?

seems like I will do some test rally with this to understand how does it work

I am not 100% sure how it works, but from what Rick is saying, if you retire on a stage you will take the nominal time on the stage you retired on, and start the next stage with a fresh car, even if there is no service. I am guessing cumulative damage would still be on at this point, but I am not sure if the tire choice frees up again.

I will do some testing in a public championship session tonight, I am more curious than anything else.

Yeah, that's clear. The only thing I didn't know, if I apply for EU1, can I start the rally for example at 11 pm on Saturday, or not. But now everything is clear, thank you! :)

If I understand correctly there are 4 sessions for each timeslot - one on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. If you apply for EU1 you should start on Saturday. Dunno how much wiggle room there will be this season and if you can start later if something important pops up. Most importantly not all possible sessions will be there on different rounds. In general I'm not thrilled to the bone about the 12 sessions (remember, that was the argument AGAINST switching to Czech plugin :]), but this way there won't be any last-second sessions at least.

If I understand correctly there are 4 sessions for each timeslot - one on Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. If you apply for EU1 you should start on Saturday. Dunno how much wiggle room there will be this season and if you can start later if something important pops up. Most importantly not all possible sessions will be there on different rounds. In general I'm not thrilled to the bone about the 12 sessions (remember, that was the argument AGAINST switching to Czech plugin :]), but this way there won't be any last-second sessions at least.

I tend to agree and hope that drivers make an attempt to join together and race in the same timezone as much as possible. Having only one or two drivers in a session is not really so enjoyable.
BTW, just to clarify, I assume the Session days refers to GMT timezone days?

I'm also confused about how the repair / cumulative damage bit works. I can't really see the point of having "repair now", you would be better off retiring just before the end of the stage where the severe damage has occurred? maybe if we have more than two stages between service, it might be useful, dunno.
Hopefully, it will become clearer as we progress.

Guys, I have read every rules and every topic, but I haven't found only one thing (or at least I haven't notieced).

How long will be the servers opened? I mean for example, I apply for RDRC Rd1 EU1 timezone, and can I do the rally at Sunday? Or I have to do it on Saturday?

It is the same as this year that you start at a SET time. EU1 means you drive on Saturday, EU2 means you drive on Sunday.

I thought we didn't go with the czech plugin because they changed the physics to much and it wasn't that good. That was my issue anyway.

The only reason I have included Sat/Sun sessions is to allow OTHERS to join and to make things easier for Senad. I would think that most of the current drivers would be happy to drive on the normal mon/tue format so you will still be driving with them. Timezone 1/2/3/4 refers to the LOCAL day of that session. EG, for round 1 I have taken EU2. This would be driven on Sunday night for anyone in Europe, but for me it is Monday morning. The OC2 session would be driven Sunday night in Australia. If you read the Round one thread i think it is very straight forward.

Warren, if you retire from a stage you get the nominal time for that stage, just like you do now. The penalty is servere and you will drop from contention. You are right, if you damage your car BADLY you are better off stopping and retiering from that stage than to go on and finish it. The best option will always be DON'T CRASH. But for those that have asked, that doesn't mean you can change tyres. If you crashed because you were on the wronge tyres then you will be untill the next service.

I have made the opening round a little easier (only two stages between service) so we can learn how it works. I thought making it 3-4 stages between service when people were still learning it might create issues. Next round will see something different.

Aaron has the right idea and it is how i get to know things. MAke a rally yourself and drive it. Doesn't have to be a long one, just 3-4 stages. Get to know what happens.

Warren, if you retire from a stage you get the nominal time for that stage, just like you do now. The penalty is servere and you will drop from contention. You are right, if you damage your car BADLY you are better off stopping and retiering from that stage than to go on and finish it. The best option will always be DON'T CRASH. But for those that have asked, that doesn't mean you can change tyres. If you crashed because you were on the wronge tyres then you will be untill the next service.

Yep Rick, I get most of that, it was the "value" of having the "repair now" option, since that seems to guarantee a retirement. I am guessing that it comes into play if we have three or more Stages between Service and you fairly badly damage the car on the first one.

Yep Rick, I get most of that, it was the "value" of having the "repair now" option, since that seems to guarantee a retirement. I am guessing that it comes into play if we have three or more Stages between Service and you fairly badly damage the car on the first one.

Maybe we are looking at it from different points of view. To me, if you retire from a stage or select "repair now" it is a retirement and that is bad. Also, if you retired or repair then you are listed as retired from all of the stages untill the next service. You get to drive them and your REAL time is shown but you are LISTED as retired. We can always make it that you are given nominal times for all stages you are listed as retired on but that seams to be disliked by most.

Maybe we are looking at it from different points of view. To me, if you retire from a stage or select "repair now" it is a retirement and that is bad. Also, if you retired or repair then you are listed as retired from all of the stages untill the next service. You get to drive them and your REAL time is shown but you are LISTED as retired. We can always make it that you are given nominal times for all stages you are listed as retired on but that seams to be disliked by most.

oops!! Now I'm more confused. :confused::confused:
We are not considering manually over-riding whatever the In-game rules are, are we?? I am understanding that a retirement penalty applies for the Stage you retire (as normal) and a Repair Now retires you from the next Stage only (with normal penalty). Have I understood correctly???? Or, does either of these actions (Retire and Repair Now) mean you are given the retirement penalty time for ALL stages until a Service point?

I'll try to set up an On-Line Rally for myself sometime to understand it better. Maybe I'm the only one confused. :redface:

oops!! Now I'm more confused. :confused::confused:
We are not considering manually over-riding whatever the In-game rules are, are we?? I am understanding that a retirement penalty applies for the Stage you retire (as normal) and a Repair Now retires you from the next Stage only (with normal penalty). Have I understood correctly????

I'll try to set up an On-Line Rally for myself sometime to understand it better.

LOL, Maybe my explination has been off. In RSRBR, if you select to repair your car BETWEEN service points, you skip THE NEXT STAGE and are given the retired time for that one. Thats the rules for RSRBR and the rules for the RDRC.

The first time I drove an official championship rally i got cuaght with that. I retired from a stage, and thinking that the car was badly damaged selected repair now, that meant i had TWO retired stages in a row. If i had have just stagrted the next stage after I retired I would have found my car in perfect condition.

Ok, warren has made a suggession that I set up a "shakedown" event so that everyone can get an idea of how the damage thing works.

With this in mind I will create a gravel event running 6 stages, 3 stages - service - 3 stages. I will not include the BTB stages as this is for the damage not the BTB stages. I will set up events for anyone that wants if you give me 2 days notice. (i am working this weekend, lol.)

First rallies are Thursday 30/12/2010 at these times.

RDRC Shakedown

EU Start: 20:00 GMT Thursday
US Start: 02:00 GMT Friday 31/12 (9:00pm 30/12 EDST (USA))
OC Start:: 09:30 GMT Thursday (7:30pm Queensland time, 8:30pm NSW and VIC time)

I will also set up a couple next week but on different days.

How do I join in? Is it with clicking the 'public sessions' button or the 'Championships' button, cos when I click the 'public sessions' button the RSRBR2011 is exiting with some kinda runtime error!
Untitled.jpg
Can anybody help me here please!

How do I join in? Is it with clicking the 'public sessions' button or the 'Championships' button, cos when I click the 'public sessions' button the RSRBR2011 is exiting with some kinda runtime error!
View attachment 33438
Can anybody help me here please!

Yes, this is an issue we talked about in the main RBR forum. Update 1 will release a fix for this. Look in your PM box for a gift;)

Also, press the public sessions button. In RSRBR2010 you had to press championship but in 2011 public sessions and public championships (witch is what we will run) are under the same button.

The championship button will take you to the rallyesim official championships.

It is the same as this year that you start at a SET time. EU1 means you drive on Saturday, EU2 means you drive on Sunday.

Ok, thanks for everybody for your help! :)

The only reason why I've asked that because my team mate (Peter) and me earlier played with the Hungarian plugin. In that plugin, there was a time interval when you're able to do the rally. For example, the rally started at Saturday 16:00, and ended Sunday 23:00. Between this time, you're able to join the rally at any time.

Only that thing was not clear for us, bot now everything is clear! Thank you again guys! :)

Ok, thanks for everybody for your help! :)

The only reason why I've asked that because my team mate (Peter) and me earlier played with the Hungarian plugin. In that plugin, there was a time interval when you're able to do the rally. For example, the rally started at Saturday 16:00, and ended Sunday 23:00. Between this time, you're able to join the rally at any time.

Only that thing was not clear for us, bot now everything is clear! Thank you again guys! :)

There is a Hungarian plug-in as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back