RaceDepartment Rally Championship : Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, less than 12 hours to go before the kick-off of the first RDRC. I'm really looking for ward to this as the team (Senad, Ondrej and myself) have put in a lot of work into making this come off as smoothly as Warrens Club rallies. Thanks to the team for all their work and thank you to everyone running in both the A League and the Premier League. I hope you all enjoy the championship.

Good luck to everyone, and as i used to say before the start of a RL rally, Keep it on the planet!

But to be sure, when your copilot said "cut" in the pacenote, this means that there are no danger (stone ...) in the turn. Is it considered as a cheat, if you cut this turn ?

BTW : I hope also good luck to everyone for this first event

Sebastien, in many leagues there is a gentleman rule of "one wheel on the road at all times". Cutting is an integral part of rallying, it's just that in RBR you could memorize ridiculous shortcuts and make it non fun at all :).

Yes, absouleutly, look at some stages in Rally of Deutchland, they are sometimes cutting by having whole car off the road. Cutting in rally is more like driving for your own risk.

But to be sure, when your copilot said "cut" in the pacenote, this means that there are no danger (stone ...) in the turn. Is it considered as a cheat, if you cut this turn ?

BTW : I hope also good luck to everyone for this first event

Yes Seb, the rule is one wheel on the road at all times. It is the rule in the club rallies and the rule on RSRBR anyway. It's not something we have introduced just for this championship. If the notes say cut most of the time it just means you can use the ditch or something else on the inside of the corner.

Edit: I think in an RSRBR offical championship you have to send in ALL of your replays for them to view, but we wont go down that track. If someone is taking HUGH amounts of time out of the field it becomes obvious that they are doing something different. In Cote DÁbrous(?) you could cut some of the early hairpins by 10-20 meters, it is those type of cuts that are the real issue. But even if you do it is a BIG risk. Like I said, i don't think anyone does this here.

I mean in real rally there is a shakedown with one stage, but the results are not counted into a generall rally calssification, so a shakedown sessin just before real rally event

Yes Seb, the rule is one wheel on the road at all times. It is the rule in the club rallies and the rule on RSRBR anyway. It's not something we have introduced just for this championship. If the notes say cut most of the time it just means you can use the ditch or something else on the inside of the corner.

Edit: I think in an RSRBR offical championship you have to send in ALL of your replays for them to view, but we wont go down that track. If someone is taking HUGH amounts of time out of the field it becomes obvious that they are doing something different. In Cote DÁbrous(?) you could cut some of the early hairpins by 10-20 meters, it is those type of cuts that are the real issue. But even if you do it is a BIG risk. Like I said, i don't think anyone does this here.

I hope that nobody will do that.
For my point of view, I didn't make enought training to know where it is possible to cut, I only listened to my copilot, if he tell me that I can cut a turn (and it is always a easy turn, you never listened cut for a hard turn), I know that I can put a little bit my wheels on the grass (not the full car, because a cut note doesn't means that it is not risky to cut to much a turn) and that there are not stones or trees, that will break my car.

Can I ask you a question about the setup ?
Did you modified the setup of your car for the different stages ? I didn't do it, but I would like to have your feedback of the behavior of your car without the default setup ?

Did you won lot of time with it ?

Red Chicken Racing announce a vehicle change for their Premier League driver. John Low will now be in a Subaru N12, simply because Mitsubishi couldn't come up with Castrol paint jobs to suit the Evo 9. John is delighted, taking into account what he did with the last Subaru he was given.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back