RaceDepartment Racing Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only 5 cars are finishing, that is the thing to be worried about. Look how Moto manager struggled because it became hard to get bikes to the end. Look at the criticism Formula Manager got when 6 cars from a 32 car grid finished. look at how Tobi and you Milos feel about always retiring from FFG.

if you make a game where finishing is a lottery rather than a skill, its not going to be popular at all. Think about it, or people will keep dropping out because they can't finish a race be wise they made a wrong r&d choice.

If only 5 cars are finishing, that is the thing to be worried about. Look how Moto manager struggled because it became hard to get bikes to the end. Look at the criticism Formula Manager got when 6 cars from a 32 car grid finished. look at how Tobi and you Milos feel about always retiring from FFG.

if you make a game where finishing is a lottery rather than a skill, its not going to be popular at all. Think about it, or people will keep dropping out because they can't finish a race be wise they made a wrong r&d choice.
50% DNF record in FFG driver career :cool:

Would happily trade 3 of my F1 titles for one damn FFG title.

Oh, and I tend to always rage in FFG, no matter the results :laugh: :whistling:

Look how Moto manager struggled
Moto Manager struggled from the start, not many signed up and Sasha had to add AI riders. Now we already have 26 drivers and we are only about ot complete the first 24 hours.

When half the field retires there is no problem imo. The thing that makes people rage in FFG is that you only have something like 3 or 4 retirements out of 22 (~1/7 or ~1/6) and you are one of them. When you are 1/2 that retire, no hard feelings

• Deleted member 161052

Have to agree with the part I marked in bold. I even criticised the finishing ratio of Formula Manager for being "too boring" and "very unreliable" (which I never said, but that is what I think after looking at your comment). Moto Manager wasn't that kind of successful for me...

Oh, and I tend to always rage in FFG, no matter the results :laugh: :whistling:
sames :roflmao:

Tapio's GP2 manager worked, and it had bigger retirement rates. It all puts itself into place eventually, especially as it's not based around start season form, just like Tapio's game. Formula Manager was. Moto Manager's problem was the low number of signups and fuel tank upgrades :roflmao:

Never had a problem with Formula Manager, and I don't really have a problem here either. If Milos is wanting a top 6 then so be it. I hope that the season can offer up enough variation that the lower placed teams can challenge for a point more often than not.
If 5 cars finish then 5 cars finish. It's happened before in real life, why shouldn't it be a possibility here either?

Manager Name: Oorjit Mishra
Short Team Name: Mahindra Force India
Team Commercial Name: Mahindra Force India F1 Team
Team Colour Background: FF9933
Team Colour Text: 138808

Okay, so a bit of an announcement here (knowing you guys this announcement will turn into a rant :p)

The points were supposed to be given to a quarter of the grid, so with 30 cars now, I have decided to increase it to top 8 scoring points. Depending on the number of signups, I may go further.

Also, a lot of posts seemed to say that the game seems too complicated. So I've re-wrote the regulations, that are a lot shorter than the old ones, you get the same amount of info from them, from mostly different wording and a couple of merged sections. I have also updated the old ones again, with changes in blue this time.
If you read the old ones when i opened the thread, the changes in the new ones are in red. Both are in post 1. I'd suggest read the new ones to get into what you need to do for the game, and the new ones if you need to find something in a certain section. If something is unclear, you are free to ask.

Also, I forgot to respond to Tobi's fixed calendar comment, for the first season I wanted to have my own calendar, but allowing managers to vote for tracks is definetly something i want to do for next season and beyond.

And finally, I'll keep the signup period open for another week, in case some guys change their mind, but I'm not expecting any more signups.

@Donaldinho105 I'm missing your team colours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back