RaceDepartment Partner With Barwell Motorsport | RD Skinning Competition

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment Barwell Motorsport RD.png

RaceDepartment are proud to announce we have partnered with Barwell Motorsport to become the official Barwell Motorsport esport racing team, and whats more, their official car will be featured in Assetto Corsa Competizione - using a livery designed by the community!

The big RaceDepartment skinning competition is back - this time with a distinct Lamborghini and Barwell Motorsport theme...

Those of you who have been around RaceDepartment for a little while should recall our original hugely successful 'Big RaceDepartment Skinning Competition' from back in 2017. Following on from that success, we've taken it up a notch in association with the highly regarded Barwell Motorsport racing team!

Want to get involved? Here's how.

The Car
Our base reference car for this livery design will be the 2019 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo.

The Livery
The livery must include the following decals in order to be considered a legitimate submission:
  • SRO/AWS windscreen banner
  • GT Omega as headline sponsor
  • Associated logos included within this article
  • Space for number panels on both sides and bonnet
  • Tyre sponsor must be Pirelli
Click here to download the Skinning Competition pack

The Format
You can submit your designs in any format you wish. You can use the Lamborghini skin template from the original Assetto Corsa, via photoshop JPG, Pencil Drawing, whatever you wish so long as it is obvious what you are trying to convey with your design.

The Submission
Please submit your finished designs within the comments section of this article. Please provide a shot from both the left and right side, top, front and rear of the car, with the words FINAL SUBMISSION at the top of the post.

The Deadline

The competition will run from today, and close on Sunday 31st of May 2020 before 23:59 UTC. All submissions received that meet the submission criteria will be eligible for judging by the close of the competition deadline.

The Reward
The winning livery, as decided by RaceDepartment and Barwell Motorsport will be added into the base Assetto Corsa Competizione simulation to be run by the official RaceDepartment Barwell Motorsport esport team, and their driver, Luka Berk during the SRO E-Sport GT Series AM Championship and beyond. Additionally, the author of the winning design will receive a GT Omega Wheel Stand Classic and a selection of Barwell Motorsport related merch, plus a free one year RaceDepartment Premium membership.

We are really looking forward to seeing your creative submissions, and then seeing what the winning design looks like when racing around the virtual circuits of Assetto Corsa Competizione in the very near future!

Barwell Release Creative.png

Quick Links
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series Explained | Click Here
  • SRO E-Sport GT Series sub forum | Click Here
  • Official Live Twitch Broadcast Channel | Click Here
  • Official Entry List | Click Here
  • Join the conversation on social media via the official hashtag #iAMracing
Series Sponsor Links
AM Series Sponsors NEW.png

Last edited:
nice, I picked up bits of this in Saturday's broadcast and just visited the Barwell site for any info, coming back - bingo!

browsed a bit for inspiration, plenty of downright ugly Barwell skins around, pity I could not find any of the historic ones from the 70s 80s or 90s. this is the nicest one I could find, dunno if it will be realized in real life, but it looks fine http://andwerndesign.com/projekte/50_Barwell/projekt.html
Barwell_LamboGT3_03.jpg

nice, I picked up bits of this in Saturday's broadcast and just visited the Barwell site for any info, coming back - bingo!

browsed a bit for inspiration, plenty of downright ugly Barwell skins around, pity I could not find any of the historic ones from the 70s 80s or 90s. this is the nicest one I could find, dunno if it will be realized in real life, but it looks fine http://andwerndesign.com/projekte/50_Barwell/projekt.html
Barwell_LamboGT3_03.jpg
hahaha this is a beaut of a design to be fair.

That's a good thing.

On the other hand, I'm not going to lie to the readers, if tomorrow I play against them on Assetto Corsa Competizione, I'll only see my crew in the pits, the customization of the skins, ok ... but it's very poor if the pits are so empty.

I'm going back to the nursing home to do wheelchair racing.

Could we get some clarification on how each sponsor logo should be used and if they can be modified ? (required brackground colour or not, are outlines allowed, etc)

Outlines. Hmmm. Can you show me an example and I can give you 100% clarification
Something as simple as, for example (3px white)
1589837887028.png

isn't allowed by some brands, or has some guidelines about it. An example that I can think of would be Seagate with these liveries I made following their brand guide : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/36-37-38-corvette-c7-r-seagate-technology.21486/ Their brand guide doesn't show at any point that outlining the logo is an authorized use.

Other brands may want a defined amount of free space around their logo :
1589838120634.png

This is the kind of stuff I'm asking for to be clarified. (if possible) :thumbsup:

Something as simple as, for example (3px white)
View attachment 374169
isn't allowed by some brands, or has some guidelines about it. An example that I can think of would be Seagate with these liveries I made following their brand guide : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/36-37-38-corvette-c7-r-seagate-technology.21486/ Their brand guide doesn't show at any point that outlining the logo is an authorized use.

Other brands may want a defined amount of free space around their logo : View attachment 374170

This is the kind of stuff I'm asking for to be clarified. (if possible) :thumbsup:

I think for the sake of clarity my guidance is no modification to logos apart from monochrome.

While what you have done hear is actually a nice treatment and done tastefully I think fo the sake of clarity I will say no modifications over and above monochrome.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 114 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 88 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 120 13.6%