RaceDepartment Now On Telegram

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Telegram.jpg

RaceDepartment is now active on Telegram and you can join as one of the founding members! Install Telegram on your PC or Mobile device and join our channel today!

Do you wish to stay on top of latest sim racing and motorsport news but are you growing tired of traditional social media channels where finding news is increasingly becoming harder? Well some of us do too and are happy to provide you all the latest news on Telegram.

How can I join the official RaceDepartment channel?
Easy! You can install Telegram on any (or all) of your favorite devices. Just follow the steps below and we'll see you soon!
  1. Download Telegram by clicking this link
  2. Join the official RaceDepartment Channel by clicking this link.
  3. Done!

Well, just google about Telegram LLP liquidation i guess. It has been in process since January. Durov is known for leaving the successful projects behind, at the point they've reached its peak. And so far that strategy worked brilliant.

Well, just google about Telegram LLP liquidation i guess. It has been in process since January. Durov is known for leaving the successful projects behind, at the point they've reached its peak. And so far that strategy worked brilliant.
Thanks. I had been searching for "telegram app" and getting lots of useful information but without any sign of them having been liquidated (including of course their home page, which is utterly silent on the issue).

Edit: now wondering how long until the servers go down, given my assumption that the Crown won't care to fund them ;)
Edit2: I suppose it's also rather possible that Telegram LLP decided to transfer some selected assets to someone else before dissolution...

Last edited:
I guess servers were belonging for different companies anyway, and they will continue for a while. This whole situation around it is very interesting, i think telegram will exist for few years at least, and i think it's not getting away anytime soon after that.

I suspect he has already moved the assets to another company. I read somewhere that the developers have moved from St Petersberg to Dubai. This organisation is maybe trying to find ways to push this encrypted messaging tech without breaking laws, why then Dubai? Digital freedom is most certainly not a thing there...

yeah the clients are published under multiple entities and they'ce been using domain fronting for the services for some time now. The clients and protocol are open so are unlikely to not continue. It was a smart move on their part. I think it's likely a matter of server services now that will likely determine long term future. Plus point of that being there's more than enough people out there who want/need secure communication and are willing to provide the back services needed for it.

Since he's also known to have been working on some kind of crypto currency type system as part of the network, my gut feeling is this may be part of a wider restructuring and possibly a first step to a totally decentralised backend.

I think an app with notifications would probable be a more independent way to go here.

This would cost money to make, so should offer a 1-month trial of Premium and then offer a subscription.

No Premium? No notifications through the app.

I think this would work!

Do you really have to give them your phone number? Tried to join Telegram and the first thing is to give them my phone number. Maybe im doing it wrong.
You aren't, as it's a phone IM. It needs your number for verification purposes. However, unlike Whatsapp, you can use the web version even if your phone is either disconnected or switched off.

I mainly use it to contact my wife from work if my phone's battery is flat, and I would use it for everything and eliminate Whatsapp completely, but the most of the rest of my contacts are still stuck in 2010 with Whatsapp.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 93 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 102 13.8%