RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

I've adjusted to the new one, but I still miss the feature where clicking on the "## comments" part of a front page article went to the first unread comment, like the button below the article. Not huge, but it helped the usability

Would it be possible to add a 'like' or 'thanks' button on reviews (as the resource owner)? I think it would be great to be able to show appreciation for a good review, without having to write a full message / reply to the review.

We can 'like' PMs, so maybe it could work for reviews too. Just a thought :)
Yeah be nice to be able to attach files in PM,s also its quite a drag not been able to do this I find.

Would it be possible to add a 'like' or 'thanks' button on reviews (as the resource owner)? I think it would be great to be able to show appreciation for a good review, without having to write a full message / reply to the review.

We can 'like' PMs, so maybe it could work for reviews too. Just a thought :)
This is unfortunately not part of the default functionality of the like system. This would require a mod I fear.

But it's an interesting suggestion for sure.

Ok, cool.

'Open image in new tab' in Chrome still shows the old icon, but I'll test again tomorrow :)
Well, defeating the browser caching seems a lot harder than it ought to be (even ctrl-shift-r doesn't seem to be as effective as it used to be).
If you try it in a different browser you might get the desired result, but it will/should fix itself eventually (hours/months from now :D).

Apologies if it was already been mentioned earlier on, but there’s a minor discrepancy between the wording used in forum thread listings for the desktop and mobile sites. On the standard desktop site, you see “Replies” stated underneath each forum post that has them. On the mobile site, you see “Answers” for the same thing. Both words are the same number of characters and if anything the word “Replies” is physically smaller in fonts that aren’t monospaced.

A very trivial item, but I just thought I’d throw it out there for consideration sometime down the road whenever the opportunity may arise.

The icons in the top right on desktop no longer match when you're at the top of scroll vs scrolled down a little bit:

Top:
1636312919541.png

Scrolled down a bit:

1636312949705.png

Most importantly for me is the New Posts and Search icons.

I still wish that lightbulb wasn't there :D

Attachments

• 1636312915327.png
    1636312915327.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 30

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline