RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

I personally feel as a Premium Subscriber already for three years, I do not need to see that banner at the top please. Thank you.

Edit: On second thought it doesn't matter. It is not intrusive as it takes the space of the ad. I learn a lot from this website so do as you please. I'll be like a dead fish, I'll go with the flow.

Last edited:
Is there any way to turn off the annoying "cascading forums/threads/posts" effect (not sure how else to describe it) from the top down? I'd prefer each screen to show instantly like it used to do.

Totally - it's so bloody annoying. Might have been cool as web tech demo back in 2000, but it's 2020 now - crappy visual effects have given way to more efficient methods of display. You know, like displaying the information immediately.

LOL, It reminds me of Teletext back in the early 80's. Yes I'm old.

Not sure if this is a common problem but a new resource in AC Tracks wasn't being displayed (for me at least).
This is the resource: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mexico-gran-premio-1967.31101/
It didn't appear at all yesterday/earlier this morning in the Downloads/Assetto Corsa list, or even in Downloads/Assetto Corsa/Tracks. It's like an old list was being cached, even after refreshes.
I found it via an external link and it's now displaying properly.

What are people's thoughts on making the side bar fixed / pinned to the top, rather than it scrolling up with the rest of the page?

I think it would be quite handy to be able to access this menu even when you have reached the end of the thread, without having to scroll right back to the top of the page to select 'New posts' (or whatever).

What are people's thoughts on making the side bar fixed / pinned to the top, rather than it scrolling up with the rest of the page?

I think it would be quite handy to be able to access this menu even when you have reached the end of the thread, without having to scroll right back to the top of the page to select 'New posts' (or whatever).
I use RD primarily on the desktop. On the desktop, keep it scrolling with the content of the page.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 130 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 137 13.9%