RaceDepartment New Website Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RaceDepartment.com will be down on Wednesday 30th October, as we look to bring a fresh new image to the largest sim racing website in the world.

Having undergone considerable growth and change in the last decade and a bit, we feel the time is right to take our website to the next level of presentation and functionality. On the evening of Wednesday 30th October (approx 22:00 UTC) we will close access to www.racedepartment.com for much of the night, as we upload and launch our brand new website!

We anticipate access will be restricted for around 12 hours, but if you still need that essential sim racing fix, take the opportunity to check us out on our various Social Media platforms, which can be accessed via the below links.

See you all on the other side!

RaceDepartment Down.jpg

Why do humans reject change so quickly?
Personally I love it. Changing stuff is like having a break. It refreshes you and changes your expectations. Man, if you kept things the same all the time you'd be overtaken by all the other new things out there daring to be different and change the record.
I applaud it and welcome it with open arms.

Do not go gentle in to that good night, new and improved racing forums are needed at the close of day. Rage, rage and all that... :thumbsup:

Please dont make it look all garish and vile please, I like the look of the forums the way they are so try and not freak me out please!
Then you have nothing to worry as stylewise not much will change. White will be less harsh on the eyes and gray less contrast'ish.

Features will be added along the way in the coming months when they are ready to be released to public.

All in all user experience will be improved for sure.

Apparently I'm already a bit of an old fart at 30 years of age. This concerns me, whenever websites, apps etc. do this it seems to be more show and less functionality. To put my "smart" TV into sleep mode I have to press about 10 buttons cycling through various menus, my old TV had it at the press of 1 button. /rant
You can always pull the plug right? :whistling:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing