Racedepartment iRacing Driving School (merged)

I have been tossing an idea around with Will. He gave me the go ahead to bring this topic to light and give everyone here a chance to voice your opinion and see what your thoughts are.

The idea is to have a Racedepartment Iracing Driving School which would be a privately hosted session for Racedepartment members only. Having some of the faster guys giving pointers, braking techniques, and basically in a nut shell teaching us slower guys such as myself how to drive faster, safer, and better during races. Perhaps showing some of a certain car or track weaknesses and strengths.

An example would be to ask Mr. Ascher, Mr. Hoogendoorn (just examples as I have NOT spoken to either one of them) or someone along their skill level to be the driving instructor to the class so to speak. They would then give us a small break down of the track either over Teamspeak or ingame voice. Then we could watch them through the replay features of the game going through a good lap or two. Ask a few questions, and then join them on the track with laps getting faster and the ability to follow their lines/breaking points/acceleration points getting information such as what they use for track reference. After that a moment to speak up about something that perhaps you didn't like or did and get feedback from the pros on just what to do. It's a bit more involved but not so complicated as it may sound. It would also be a good way for people to learn without having to be in a practice session with a mixed group of people that some are crazy fast and others you almost hit they are so slow. A friendly environment where anyone could ask any question without some smart $#@ 12 year old kid calling you noob and other goofy names.

I know that there are alot of helpful people out there in the iracing world however I have found a few jerks as well...lol... The main point of this whole driving school is for the newer, and slower guys to get faster and better. To learn GOOD habits on what to do from someone who is proven and known by the community. Also to bring the community together a bit more and make it stronger. In turn letting it grow into something truely great. (not that it isn't great now) Kevin, Will, and a few others are doing a wonderful job to say the very least.

One other point to make is something that we have tossed around as well. As everyone knows every race or practice session that is hosted for iracing costs someone real money. Such as the club races have been paid for by Mr. Marquez or the hosted practice during the week before such as what Mr. Nowell did for everyone for the Vette race. The idea is if there were enough people interested perhaps those that wish to learn donate $1 per hosted session for the school. This money would then be used for offical Racedepartment races, practices, or any other type of event for our community in iracing. Basically to help even out the blow to someones wallet that is paying for all this extra fun for us. The instructor would not have to pay of course since we are getting their experience and knowledge. This school could be a bi-weekly event or whatever it was agreed on so to speak.

Give me all your opinions and let your voice be heard.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been watching the thread listed above. I am getting documents together and making some final arrangements to get things underway for you guys. It will not be long now, just a bit more patience.

Thanks!

1. What days of the week are best for you? Weekday nights
2. What times are best for you? Flexible after 6PM/before 12AM Pacific(GMT -7)
3. Which cars would you like to learn? Anything with 4 wheels
4. Which tracks would you like to learn? All

Sorry about your hand Joe. I had to stop racing for ~9 months with an elbow injury. Hope it gets better soon.

Sorry about your hand Joe. I had to stop racing for ~9 months with an elbow injury. Hope it gets better soon.

Thanks bud! It's about 500% better than it was. When I first did it I could not even hold the wheel with my right hand at all. Now it only really bothers me when I try to catch a spin to fast or I've been running for a while. I think I've just gotten use to the pain being there and I don't really pay it much attention... lol :tongue:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 38.9%