RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
[FONT=&quot]We're back for another season!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]How To Play ? [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

At random times, I start races.

When I start a sprint race, you will come and post " finish " . It’s as simple as that!

If I start a Feature Race you will come and post " start " then wait for one hour, then say " pit ". Then one more hour, then " finish ". [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If I start an Endurence Race you come and post “start” then wait for one hour, then say “pit 1” wait one hour “pit2” wait one more hour “pit3” and one final hour “finish”[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]All you need to sign up is to choose an unpicked driver seat from the teams list bottom of the post.

IMPORTANT! : If you double post at a sprint race, or don't wait for one hour in feature race your engine will blow up. And you can't finish the race.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Point Allocations[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
(.....................10...........8... ........6 racers)

1st place -> ..13 pts.....11 pts.......9 pts.
2nd place -> ..11 pts.....9 pts........7 pts.
3rd place -> ....9 pts......7 pts.......5 pts.
4th place -> ....7 pts......5 pts.......3 pts.
5th place -> ....6 pts......4 pts.......2 pts.
6th place -> ....5 pts......3 pts.......1 pts.
7th place -> ....4 pts......2 pts
8th place -> ....3 pts......1 pts
9th place -> .. .2 pts
10th place -> ..1 pts.

[FONT=&quot]Endurence Races score double points

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]PRIZES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Finishing 1-2: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]+2 points to team's drivers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Finishing 1-2 three times : [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]+5 points to team's drivers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Winning 3 Consecutive Races : [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]+8 points[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Scoring Points at All of the Races : [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]+5 points[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]TEAMS LIST

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
jaguar-1.png
Jaguar
01[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Sebastien Levret
02[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Thomas Hackel

sauber.png
Sauber
03[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Omer Said
04[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]bduddy
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
mclaren.png
Mclaren
05[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
06[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

jordan.png
Jordan
07[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Viljar Parts
08[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Peter Duivelaar

renault.png
Renault
09[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
10[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

williams.png
Williams
11[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Rhys Gardiner
12[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Ben Tusting

ferrari2.png
Ferrari
14[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Resi Respati
15. Garry Pullen

minardi.png
Minardi
16[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
17[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

honda.png
B.A.R
18[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Bert Van Waes
19[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Kyle Evers

toyota.png
Toyota
20[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Brett Bagstad
21[FONT=&quot].[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]-----------------------------------------[/FONT]

Season Calender

Test Day- Jerez (Test) : No Reward(Won By Thomas Hackel)
USA Grand Prix- Pheonix (Feature) : +1 pos. bonus at 2nd race (Won By Viljar Parts )
Australian Grand Prix- Adelaide (Sprint) :
Recieve +3 points (Won By Viljar Parts)
German Grand Prix- Hockenheim (Sprint) :
Choose two drivers to crash at next race (Won By Omer Said)
Chinese Grand Prix- Shanghai (Feature) :
Recieve a +1 bonus for you and your team mate(Won By Rhys Gardiner )
British Grand Prix- Brands Hatch (Sprint) :
+2 points (Won By Omer Said)
Portugese Grand Prix- Estoril (Feature) :
Choose a driver to recieve -2 points (Won By Thomas Hackel)
RD 500 (Endurence) :
X2 points at the next race you score points (Won By Thomas Hackel)
French Grand Prix- Rouen (Sprint) :
Choose a driver to crash at next race (Won By Viljar Parts)
Monaco- Monte Carlo (Sprint) :
Recieve a +2 pos. bonus(Won By Omer Said)
South African Grand Prix- Kylami (Feature):
Choose a driver to recieve -4 points (Won by Garry Pullen)
Singapore Grand Prix- Singapore (Sprint):
Recieve +4 points (Won by Sebastien Levret)
Japanese Grand Prix- Fuji (Feature):
Choose a team to crash at the next event(Won by Rhys Gardiner)
Brazillian Grand Prix- Interlagos (Feature): Choose two drivers to recieve -2 points each
(Won By Omer Said)
Swiss Grand Prix- Bremgartnen (Feature):
+1 position bonus at next race
(Won By Sebastien Levret)
RD Mans 24hr ( Endurence): X2 points at the next race you score points(Won By Sebastien Levret)
Italian Grand Prix- Monza (Sprint): Recieve +3 points
(Won By Sebastien Levret)
Canadian Grand Prix- Montreal (Feature): Recieve +2 points (Won By Thomas Hackel)
European Grand Prix- Silverstone (Sprint): Recieve a +1 bonus for you and your team mate(Won By Ben Tusting)
Spanish Grand Prix- Valencia (Feature): Choose a driver to recieve -2 points(Won By Rhys Gardiner)
Belgian Grand Prix- Spa (Feature): Recieve +5 points (Won By )
[FONT=&quot]
----------------------------------------------

[/FONT]~Drivers Championship~

1. Sebastien Levret-201

2. Thomas Hackel --173

3. Viljar Parts -------143

4. Omer Said ------92.5
5. Rhys Gardiner---75
6. Peter Duivelaar---73

7. Ben Tusting------64
8. bduddy ----------60
9. Garry Pullen ---49

10. Resi Respati ---23.5

11. Bert Van Waes --3

~Constructors Championship~

1. Jaguar ---------374

2. Jordan ---------216

3. Sauber ------152.5
4. Williams---------139

5. Ferrari ----------72.5
6.BAR--------------3

~Notices and Other Stuff~

Records Achieved:
Resi's 15th race :)
Ben's 20th event :)
Viljar's 30th race today :)
Thomas' 5th win :)

As his reward, Thomas wins Jaguar a final 5 points.
+2 points for Sebastien and Thomas for a 1-2
A special note to Sebastien, who achieves an amazing total of 200 points :)

Are you sure you want to keep the bonus : [FONT=&quot]Scoring Points at All of the Races : [/FONT][FONT=&quot]+5 points

[/FONT]
Because with the new scoring point system, lot of drivers will have this bonus.

Due to the controversy of the polls, I will quit this season. :(

Till then I will emphasize my 2 race per GP rule, until I'll be back on Season 10 to start races (if stupid Matt doesn't change the rules again :p)

NOTE: I'll emphasize it again. BOTH races (Sprint and Feature) WILL award points

AUTOSPORT.com said:
In a busy first day to the transfer window, we already have two shocks. The first came from a Jaguar press conference at 8 o Clock last night,in which they confirmed that reigning champion Sebastien Levret had been lured from Sauber to be partnered by the returning Honk. Levret said "It's great to join such a brilliant team, they did a great job and pushed me to my limits last year."

In other, more sad news, the Arrows team have confimed that they cannot afford to continue racing in 2003 and will have to pull out. Driver bduddy said "It's a real shame to see them go, Tom and the team were always very good for me, and the car hardly let me down at all"

With ex-champion Pedersen, double champion Buxton and consistent Respati gone, we're in for a good fight this time round!

Season Preview, 7 November 2009
(Note: I will still do write-ups and reviews, my official protest only stated that I won't race this season)

jaguar-1.png
Jaguar
01. Sebastien Levret
02. Honk

And we have our first entrant of the season. The infamous green outfit of Jaguar (who almost ran over a joker :D)

Honk was once a long-forgotten driver of the Forum Racing (this will tell atleast), always running in the back of the grid, then he disappeared out of sight (IF the Awards were already out that time, he would win the Tom Jones award). He, finally, came back on season 8 thanks to this team, with a shocking instant good results, and was one of the championship contenders of the season.

Levret, in other hand, came in as a fresh rookie last season. His speed is amazing compared to "The Legends of RDFRC" gang, and, much predictably, clinches the title at his first outing, making him the only rookie to win a RD Forum Racing World Driver's (AND Golf Trophies) Championship title, also knocked away the Legends.

This perfect combination is definitely the one to watch for.

Prediction: 1st place

Season Preview, 8 November 2009

jaguar-1.png
Jaguar
01. Sebastien Levret
02. Honk

And we have our first entrant of the season. The infamous green outfit of Jaguar (who almost ran over a joker :D)

Honk was once a long-forgotten driver of the Forum Racing (this will tell atleast), always running in the back of the grid, then he disappeared out of sight (IF the Awards were already out that time, he would win the Tom Jones award). He, finally, came back on season 8 thanks to this team, with a shocking instant good results, and was one of the championship contenders of the season.

Levret, in other hand, came in as a fresh rookie last season. His speed is amazing compared to "The Legends of RDFRC" gang, and, much predictably, clinches the title at his first outing, making him the only rookie to win a RD Forum Racing World Driver's (AND Golf Trophies) Championship title, also knocked away the Legends.

This perfect combination is definitely the one to watch for.

Prediction: 1st place

sauber.png
Sauber
03. Omer Said

Sauber, being left by Levret who moved to Jaguar, is in the verge of collapse after last season's successions, and tried to overcome the situation by recruiting (H)Omer Said.

Omer Said, is a true racecar driver. I still remember the moment when he was forced to resign several season seasons ago due to medical issues. He gradually recovers and made his comeback in Season 7 with a SHOCKING victory in his first ever race in months!

Racing, indeed, is in Omer's blood. I believe, he will keep Sauber's morale.

Prediction: 3rd place

jordan.png
Jordan
07[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Viljar Parts
08[FONT=&quot].[/FONT] Peter Duivelaar

Jordan IS still alive. Eddie Jordan extended another consistent rookie Viljar Parts' contract for another go at Jordan. Viljar, being an awesome rookie last season, posted consistent results throughout the season and finished 3rd on the Championship.

Another one is Peter "Patrick" Duivelaar, another veteran of the Championship so far, finishing a respectable 5th place on the Championship last year. He left Renault and made Jordan his other home.

Eddie Jordan once again proves that he's not only good at picking babes, he's also good driver handpicker.

Prediction: 3rd place

williams.png
Williams
11. Rhys Gardiner

Well, what do we have here, another competitive blue creation by Frank Williams? Apparently not. Last season rookie Rhys "Hermann Tilke" Gardiner has nothing but being rear-ended numerous times and just got lucky when he finished in the top 3.

As for the second spot, still no statements released whether they're going to re-recruit Tusting or not.

Prediction: 5th place

honda.png
B.A.R
18. Bert Van Waes

Look left. Look right. Don't walk. See that shiny white outfit (with a glowing red "button" on the sides).

Yep, you guessed it. Lucky BAR is back, after the misery of last season of not being able to enter one single race. With new CEO David Richards, with his amazing theory of "F1 = golfing" that combines both of the sports' precision into the driver's minds.

Let's see if this theory comes to work.

Prediction: 6th place

Test Day
Jerez, Spain

circuito-de-jerez.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aEZQmIpfjQ[/ame]

The winter testing season returns to the home of its own, the famous Jerez de la Frontera circuit, former host of the European Grand Prix.

Jerez offers amateur drivers an F1 experience without the cost or risk involved in racing. It was designed as an F1 track and is popular with drivers, however its location meant it couldn’t draw the crowds that the F1 needed, so the race moved to Barcelona. F1’s loss is our gain as this beautiful, state of the art track is just 240km from Malaga and can be hired for trackdays.

The Jerez race course first opened in 1985 and boasts many state of the art facilities, including excellent safety systems, large spectator areas and bars and cafes. It held several Formula 1 races and is a popular place for car and bike testing with the majority of F1 Teams using the circuit for Winter testing

Overview

• 4,428 meters long
  • 11m wide
  • 600m straight
  • 15 corners (9 right / 6 left)
  • 1 chicane
j1.jpg
j2.jpg
j3.jpg
j4.jpg
j5.jpg
j6.jpg

It is 4,423 metres long and has 15 bends and a chicane which was added in the 1990s as part of safety improvement works. They pride themselves on their safety measures, so it’s a great place to enjoy a trackday. There are wide run off areas of deep gravel and a revolutionary air-fence to protect any vehicles making contact with the side. The current lap record is 1:15.650 and was set by the great Michael Schumacher in a Ferrari in 2004.
The long straight sections make this a very fast circuit with just enough challenging twists and turns to put your driving abilities to the test and make you feel like a real racing driver.

Technical Data

tech.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%