RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aidan Keranen

League of Legends Play by Play Caster
Premium
RD Forum Racing S21.jpg

Introducing the new, streamlined Season 21 of the famous RaceDepartment Forum Racing Series! After the exciting Season 20 in which a point was the difference, we can successfully announce we have found that point and intend to use it amongst other new inclusions. So, with the FR v2.0 car successfully getting all the teams involved, it is time to go racing!

Joining
Joining is quick and simple. If you see a team you like, or maybe a livery, or you know you want to be in a team, just post your preference and you're in. For those people who like a bit of control, then why not make your own team? The latest version of the template is available here, but don't worry if you're not artistic, there are members who are happy to take requests.

The Races
Sprint Race
At random times, I will start races (GO GO GO), and when a race starts you will have to reply in this thread as soon as possible with the word "finish". Whoever says "finish" first wins!
Feature Race
This race is a little longer, but not so hard. After the start is announced, players must post ‘Start’ as quickly as possible.
Then they must wait without posting for one (1) hour, then post ‘pit’ after that (61st minute).
Then they must wait for another hour before posting ‘finish’ to end the race.
This means then, that there is an hour long dead time for posting pit or finish. Only on the 61st minute (1hr and 1min) may you post again and continue. This is the same for both posts.
Any early posts will incur a 1 hour penalty. There is no rule to save yourself, an early post cannot and will not be overturned. If you post 'pit' early, you may wait for 61 minutes after that again to post, and it will be deemed legal.
Teams Race
Making a return, this race is non-championship, so don't be worried. However, if you want to win this race, you probably want a teammate, keep that in mind.
The race is like any other, but instead the winner will receive 17 points, then second through 16th places get 15 down to 1 point. The teammate who combine to get the largest score will be deemed the victors of the race.
Race Times Tip
If a race is started at a certain hour, it will not be started on that hour again. This is only for championship, points paying races.

Point Scoring 1st – 25 pts
2nd – 20 pts
3rd – 16 pts
4th – 12 pts
5th – 10 pts
6th – 8 pts
7th – 6 pts
8th – 4 pts
9th – 3 pts
10th – 2 pts
All others who finish – 1 pt
Pole bonus – 3 pts (No pole in sprint races)

Standings
S21 Championship Table Drivers.jpg

S21 Championship Table Teams.jpg

Team Race Results
Team Race Standings.jpg

Last edited:
Season 21 Calendar
Pre Season
Test Event Spain - Circuito de Jerez (Sprint Race) Fastest: Rami Saidy
Test Event Australia - Mount Panorama Circuit (Feature Race) Fastest: Old Wolf (Pole: Ben Utzer)

1) Australia - Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit (Sprint Race)
au.png
Winner: Florin Diaconescu
2) Malaysia - Sepang International Circuit (Sprint Race)
my.png
Winner: Manolis Sig
3) China - Shanghai International Circuit (Feature Race)
cn.png
Winner: Florin Diaconescu (Pole: Jimmy Laad)
4) Bahrain - Bahrain International Circuit (Sprint Race)
bh.png
Winner: Thomas Hackel
5) Turkey - Istanbul Park (Sprint Race)
tr.png
Winner: Alexander Macdonald
6) Canada - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (Sprint Race)
ca.png
7) Monaco - Circuit de Monaco (Feature Race)
mc.png
Winner: Rami Saidy (Pole: Thomas Hackel)
8) The Netherlands - Circuit Park Zandvoort (Sprint Race)
nl.png
9) Finland - Helsinki Thunder Street Circuit (Sprint Race)
fi.png
Winner: Lesley Buurlage
10) Germany - Nurburgring (Feature Race)
de.png
Winner: Old Wolf (+Pole)
NC) Nurburgring Nordschleife (Teams Race) Winning Team: Ferrari (Saidy+Buurlage)
11) Italy - Autodromo Nazionale Monza (Sprint Race)
it.png
Winner: Jimmy Laad
12) Hungary - Hungaroring (Sprint Race)
hu.png
13) Great Britain - Silverstone Circuit (Feature Race)
uk.png
Winner: Ben Herbert (+Pole)
14) Singapore - Marina Bay Street Circuit (Sprint Race)
sg.png
15) Japan - Suzuka Circuit (Sprint Race)
jp.png
16) Brazil - Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Feature Race)
br.png
Winner: Andrea Dovizioso (+Pole)
17) USA - Circuit of The Americas (Sprint Race)
us.png
Winner: Andrea Dovizioso
18) Mexico - Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (Sprint Race)
mx.png
19) Abu Dhabi - Yas Marina Circuit (Sprint Race)
ae.png
Winner: Tobi Kederer
20) Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (Feature Race)
be.png
Winner: Tobi Kederer (+Pole)

Last edited:
Teams and Drivers
(cars and what-not will be added in due course, please direct me to any problems)
Clarification: All competing teams of last season get preference over new teams this season.

Nirvana-Renault
Nirvana S21.png

1. Florin Diaconescu
2. Manolis Sig

Born from most of last seasons all conquering McLaren team, Nirvana seek to take the shortest route to the top. With the past two champions in the team, Nirvana should go well, but it will take time to see whether it'll take the majority of the season to get to that point or not.

McLaren-Mercedes

Mclaren MP4-15.png

3. Old Wolf
4. Dhafin Rizki

The dominating force that was McLaren last season is now severely wounded. McLaren probably were lucky to get a driver like Old Wolf, goodness knows how well they'll do. Bringing in Indonesian rookie Dhafin Rizki could be a gamble, but lets face it, they have nothing to lose in trying...

Heineken-Honda
Heineken S21.png

5. Alexander Macdonald
6. James Chant

The perennial bridesmaids are back again. With full Honda support, the team will be the only current front-running team to use the Japanese brand of engine. Chant and Macdonald are a strong pairing, they'll need consistent top 5's if either is going to seriously challenge though.

Online Racing-Ferrari
Online Racing S21.png

7. Ben Utzer
8. Ben Herbert

Ben Online Racing had a tough S20, showing true speed but ultimately lacking the consistency. A new philosophy of "in with the new" has clearly done well, Ben Herbert, a star of S20, signing with the Ferrari powered team. This new power pairing can go close, but how close?

Jordan-Yamaha
Jordan S21 2nd.png

9. Milos Ancevski
10. Joel Rautavaara

Eddie was left high and dry after S20, his star drivers being lured by bigger teams. With no options, the signing of rookie Milos Ancevski was a risk he was willing to take, even so far as completely redesigning the car to Ancevski's demands. The signing of Joel Rautavaara will arguably help a lot.

Red Bull Racing-Renault

Red Bull RB2 (S21).png

11. Garry Pullen
12. Gary Ludlum

The season by season uncertainty haunts Red Bull badly nowadays. Upon making a double signing this season, they looked to have the chance to really challenge again. While the hyper-signing of Garry Pullen has helped greatly, their second signing soon left, only to be replaced with Gary Ludlum. Time will tell if it was better to leave the second seat vacant.

Renault

d1zt.png

14. Josh Noack
15. Tobi Kederer

Renault, like Jordan in a way, made a car for this season, yet lost their drivers. While Owen went on a sabbatical, Laad was lured by Jaguar to spear-head their new team. In a similar move to last season, they have been able to secure drivers for the final races in Josh Noack and Tobi Kederer, two drivers they can't really afford to lose.

Scuderia Ferrari
Ferrari 248.png

16. Rami Saidy
17. Lesley Buurlage

Ferrari finished S20 with hope but no light at the end of the tunnel. But with two new signings in the exciting Rami Saidy and the upstart Lesley Buurlage, the Tifosi have something to cheer for again. The S20 car showed good speed occasionally, the hope is that the S21 car can continue it.

Viper Racing-Dodge

Viper RT S21.png

18. Andrea Dovizioso
19. Andy Black

The Canadian team entered the competition mid way through S20, but by the end had made two podiums. The signing of Andrea Dovizioso can only help the team, while the first ever second driver for the team in Andy Black has secured a path forwards for the team.

Honk Racing-Jaguar

Honk Racing S21 Jag refined.png

20. Omer Said
21. Thomas Hackel

S20 was an unmitigated disaster for Honk. One car never worked, and then the second didn't either. Hackel went missing for a while, but his efforts behind the scenes ultimately secured him evergreen Omer Said and Jaguar power, reviving two famous old partnerships for the team.

Jaguar-Ford

Jaguar R1 (S21).png

22. Jimmy Laad
23. Ron Squire

Laad proved himself to be a front runner by the end of S20, thus was headhunted by Jaguar to spear-head a new team for them. Welsh wonder Ron Squire soon joined up too, and the British duo look to take the racing green cars to the levels of old Jag's once again.

Other available teams/liveries: Lotus, 2KF1 Please ask first

Last edited:
Can we choose the races that are TBD?
If so, my nominations are Austria, Singapore and Russia in that order.

BTW, Brawn is for Season 22, not this one.

@Aidan Keranen, weren't we going to ban tagging and editing posts during races?

Last edited:
Yeees!

Sig to leave Nirvana?
''On the finishing end of S20, Nirvana announced a huge cut in my money earning, because of failing to get P2 in the championship. I have several offers from other teams, like Ferrari, Jordan, and my old team, BMW is looking for a comeback'' said Sig, who finished third on Season 20. ''I don't know what they were thinking when they decided this, but it is really stupid, and I won't make a step back''. Next few day will be nervous for him, so we will see what he decides.

Yeees!

Sig to leave Nirvana?
''On the finishing end of S20, Nirvana announced a huge cut in my money earning, because of failing to get P2 in the championship. I have several offers from other teams, like Ferrari, Jordan, and my old team, BMW is looking for a comeback'' said Sig, who finished third on Season 20. ''I don't know what they were thinking when they decided this, but it is really stupid, and I won't make a step back''. Next few day will be nervous for him, so we will see what he decides.
WHAT???

Yeees!

Sig to leave Nirvana?
WHATTTTTTT?

Yeees!

Sig to leave Nirvana?
Are you Luis Razia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline