RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you heard me correctly friends! Come one come all for RDFRS12! Can Thomas Hackel hold on to match Garry Pullen's record 3 titles? Can Honk Racing survive without their star driver Matt Gutteridge? :)P) Only time will tell!
----------------
Rules

Joining

To join, just pick an empty slot from the list on the second reply. These are all teams from the 2006 F1 season.

The Race
s

The Sprint Race
At random times, i start races, and when a race starts you will try to reply 'finish' here as soon as possible as you can.

The Feature Race

This race is a little more long, but not so hard. After the start is announced, players must post ‘Start’ as quickly as possible

Then they must wait for an hour, then post ‘pit’

Then they must wait for another hour before posting ‘finish’ to end the race.

The first person to post ‘start’ will receive 3 point as a “pole bonus”. Those pitting/finishing too early (before the hour passed) will be blighted by a mechanical failure and will retire from the race.

Point Scoring

1st – 12 pts
2nd – 11 pts
3rd – 10 pts
4th – 9 pts
5th – 8 pts
6th – 7 pts
7th – 6 pts
8th – 5 pts
9th – 4 pts
10th – 3 pts
11th – 2 pts
All others who finished – 1 pt
Pole bonus – 3 pt ( No pole in sprint races )

N.B. Teams are the same as last year to start with, but please post anyway to confirm your activity, and if you want any changes making, give me a shout.

Honk Racing
honkrac_ver2.png
-Constructors Runner Up, Drivers Champion.
Back again, led by Thomas Hackel, Honk Racing are hoping to go one step better than last year, Thomas paired with forum racing legend Omer Said.
1. Thomas Hackel
2. Omer Said

Midland F1
midland.png
- Constructors Champions. Formed after the surprise sale of the Constructors Champions Jordan, Midland F1 are hoping to keep up the streak for the second year
3. Daniel Higgins
4. Brian Clancy

Ferrari
ferrari-1.png
- Constructors 3rd Place. F1's pride and joy, the prancing horse is back once again. A few tough seasons have been recently replaced by a pair of good seasons. They say good things come in threes, and who would bet against this outfit going all the way.
5. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
6. Ondrej Kapal

Red Bull
redbull.png
- Constructors 4th place. After a season of ups and downs, Red Bull are also returning and hoping for bigger and better this time round with a brand new pair of up and coming stars
7. Linus Broström
8. Gary Ludlum

Scuderia Torro Rosso
tororosso.png
- Constructors 5th place. Formed from the ashes of Minardi, STR are hoping to continue the sucesses of what once was. Seasoned pair Mike Bell and Rhys Gardiner are looking forward to a good season
9. Mike Bell
10. Rhys Gardiner

BMW Sauber
sauber-1.png
-Constructors 6th place. A revived, reformed Sauber return, hoping to climb to the heights Sebastien Levret took them to. With Levret back and experience Duivilaar in pairing, can these two go all the way?
11. Sebastien Levret
12. Peter Duivelaar

McLaren
mclaren-1.png
- Last Active, Season 10 (4th). After a brief gap year, McLaren are looking to return, stronger than ever after a couple of seasons that produced a mixture of results. With only 1 car, McLaren should compete for wins, but will struggle to content in the constructors.
14. Georgios Davakos
15. Resi Respati

Williams
williams-1.png
- Last Active, Season 10 (5th). Also missing from Season 11, the tried and trusted pairing of Tusting and Gardiner fell apart, and Williams are looking for a pair of drivers to restore the good times to Frank Williams' team.

Renault
renault-1.png
- Last Active, Season 10 (6th). Ex Championship contenders, Renault slumped in Season 10, and after missing Season 11 altogether, are looking to get back into the game. Late-Season team contracted with Zeynel Babacan, a young rookie who has a natural talent.
18. Zeynel Babacan

Toyota
toyota-1.png
- Last Active, Season 10 (8th). Always there but never in the thick of it, Toyota want to restore some pride and mount a good Championship Challenge

Super Aguri
superaguri.png
- New Team. Ready for Season 12, Aguri Suzuki's new outfit is ready to take the field by storm.
22. Adam Eggbeer
23. Viljar Parts

SEASON 12 CALENDAR

0) Spain- Jerez (Test Day)- WON BY LINUS BROSTROM
1) Monte Carlo-Monaco (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
2) USA North-Indianapolis (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
3) Australia-Melbourne (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
4) Malaysia-Kuala Lumpur (Sprint Race) - WON BY SEBASTIEN LEVRET
5) Spain-Barcelona (Sprint Race) - WON BY LINUS BROSTROM
6) Europe-Brands Hatch (Feature Race)- WON BY LINUS BROSTROM
7) Turkey-Istanbul Park (Sprint Race) - WON BY SEBASTIEN LEVRET
8) Canada-Montreal (Sprint Race) - WON BY ADAM EGGBEER
9) Brazil-Interlagos (Sprint Race) - WON BY SEBASTIEN LEVRET
10) Germany-AVUS (Feature Race Race) - WON BY GEORGIOS DAVAKOS
11) USA South-Austin (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
12) France-Magny Cours (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
13) Hungary-Hungaroring (Feature Race) - WON BY LINUS BROSTROM
14) China-Shanghai (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
15) Portugal-Estoril (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
16) Abu Dhabi-Yas Marina (Feature Race) - WON BY LINUS BROSTROM
17) Japan-Suzuka (Sprint Race) - WON BY DANIEL HIGGINS
18) Korea-Yeongam (Sprint Race) - WON BY ONDREJ KAPAL
19) Portugal-Estoril (Sprint Race) - WON BY ONDREJ KAPAL
20) Great Britain-Silverstone (Sprint Race) - WON BY LINUS BROSTROM
21) Belgium-Spa Francorchamps (Feature Race) - WON BY MIKE BELL

Driver's Championship

Changed Giorgios, Ron Dennis is lucky to have you ;)

HE'S BACK! Sebastien Levret becomes the second double world champion to make a bid for Garry Pullen's record. Refreshed from a gap season, he's ready to take Season 12 by storm.

Breaking news:

"What a great opportunity to run again with the team which help me to win my first championship ! I made severals tests with BMW and i am confident with the performance of the car. But I have to make a hard work to find my skill.
Peter is one of the best F1 driver, we will help together to advance. I am very enthusiastic to race against my last teamate Thomas, and against all the other drivers.
The first race will be a big challenge for our team

See you at Monaco"

@ Omer: I'm happy to have you in the team.

@ Séb: Nice to see you back again here, mate.

This will become a very very interesting season.

I wish all racers a lot of luck.

oooh, OMER @ Honk Racing eh! (Me smells INSIDER INFO HERE) is this correct?, fair? has Omer any scruples? are the rules being breached? Why did Eddie sell my car? Can Gutteridge pull a fast one? Can me and the Higgibaby win both the constructors AND drivers Champs? Will it be cheese n pickle in me sarnies tomorrow?

All this and more will be answered soon in season 12!!!!!!!

Oh, Welcome Eggbeer, loool

Wooot! Welcome Adam and welcome back Sebastien!! Wow this will be a really tough season :)

I'm honored to race with HonkRacing, Thomas Hackel, i hope i can be a help to the team and mr. legend ;)

@ Brian lol, yes of course. FIA's secret f1 drawing schematics of optic illusions were in my suitcase when i signed a contract with Honk Rac. hehehe!...

I expect a close title fight between Thomas, Sebastien, Daniel, Adam(A surprise rookie!), Brian, Peter, Rhys, Alessandro, Mike, Andrei, Ondrej, Giorgos, Resi(?), Ross(?), Dave(?), Bram(??!!!???), Nick(?), Kris(?), Linus(?), Kevin(?), Can(?), All Rd Members(?). Let's see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%