RaceDepartment Forum Racing Season 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC SPORT said:
FIRST DAY OF TESTING AT JEREZ

The first day of Jerez testing, and it's the Ferrari's who are setting the pace, Dave Stephenson in last years Ferrari grabbing the top spot after an awesome lap, suspicouly awesome lap infact. Luca DiMontemezelo insist the rocket-jet design underneath the car is merely superficial, but the fact Stephenson achieved a new land speed record on his way to completing a lap in just shy of 48 seconds means some don't believe him. Ferrari also recorded the second fastest time of the day, new driver Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan setting a fast one in this years car. Mike Bell for Minardi set third fastest, quicker than Daniel Higgins' McLaren. A frustrated Higgins called Dennis a "blinking ninny" and before you knew it, the wily old fox Eddie Jordan had him released from his contract and driving for him. Elsewhere we got to see the Honk Racing HR-001 for the first time, with champion Thomas Hackel setting only a banker lap, as the car is still very much a work in progress. Team Driver Matther Gutteridge said "Of course I'm dissapointed to not get to drive the car, but the team is still finding its feet and getting 2 cars to Melbourne is our first priority. As of yet the Jordans of Brian Clancy and the newly poached Higgins have yet to show, same goes for the new Red Bull team and Alessandro Gamberini.

Also I feel duty bound to point out that as champion, Thomas's team should instantly be 1 and 2, I shall change this imminantly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.6%