AC RaceDepartment European GT Championship 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I did a run on practice server with 85 starting grip and I gotta say that it didn't feel right at all. The amount of grip change from lap to lap (+1%) was way too much and very noticeable. On Nords, it would've been even more pronounced (+4-5% a lap) as you can't have a gradual grip increase in AC, all changes happen instantly once a car crosses the finish line.

I'd say a better way would be to start with 95 grip (that's what Kunos call Green track and it is already about couple of seconds slower) and slow down the progression 3 times to get to 100 by the same moment in the race. Or (even better) start with 97 and have 5x slower grip change.

In with the Z4 please Brian. Livery: BMW Motorsport 2013 Black with number 20.
Great Idea! With the start on the 31st I still got time to adjust my schedule accordingly :D

Last edited:
I did a run on practice server with 85 starting grip and I gotta say that it didn't feel right at all. The amount of grip change from lap to lap (+1%) was way too much and very noticeable. On Nords, it would've been even more pronounced (+4-5% a lap) as you can't have a gradual grip increase in AC, all changes happen instantly once a car crosses the finish line.

I'd say a better way would be to start with 95 grip (that's what Kunos call Green track and it is already about couple of seconds slower) and slow down the progression 3 times to get to 100 by the same moment in the race. Or (even better) start with 97 and have 5x slower grip change.
Thanks very much, Dmitry! I will discuss this with Brian.

In with the Z4 please Brian. Livery: BMW Motorsport 2013 Black with number 20.
Great Idea! With the start on the 31st I still got time to adjust my schedule accordingly :D
Stefan, you have to change the livery yourself. See some of the previous posts how to do it.

I pretty much agree with Dmitry, AC was never really designed to be run below ~92% when dynamic grip improvement is on. Values below that can represent some historic circuits with particularly old and slidy tarmac, but then you'd not want dynamic grip improvement on anyway.

In my opinion, in your shoes I'd probably stick with 95% grip and ramp up. 97% is probably going to be too similar for your experiment to have an obvious conclusion.

I pretty much agree with Dmitry, AC was never really designed to be run below ~92% when dynamic grip improvement is on. Values below that can represent some historic circuits with particularly old and slidy tarmac, but then you'd not want dynamic grip improvement on anyway.

In my opinion, in your shoes I'd probably stick with 95% grip and ramp up. 97% is probably going to be too similar for your experiment to have an obvious conclusion.
Thanks, Chris!

Super to see such strong interest in the championship and a full grid almost a week out.

It would be great if all who are free could join this sundays race, to test the rolling start. There is a good chance we will use it in this championship and future races, at least until the lights out server issue is resolved. It's also a good chance to get some more multiclass experience in this GT3/4 format.

Last edited:
Only one GT4 spot left.
Please keep posting here even is the championship is full. We will use a reserve list.

If the reserve list is long, we might even consider to organize a second championship simultaniously.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back