AC RaceDepartment European GT Championship 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi guys!

Thank you very much for organizing this event. Pretty sure it will be fun and challenging. I’d really like to join, but due to my work pattern, I’d miss the 31st Oct, and from then, I’d be good to go the remaining 4 races.

If that’s fine then I’d appreciate joining the GT4 with the 76 Yellow Cayman trying hard to focus in keeping consistent and achievin the remaining podium post (1 and 2 looks already occupied by Han and Brian… lol).

All the best!

Cheers!

Very nice championship! Great combos for all the events.

Unfortunately weekends aren't a good race time for me :(, especially not on a regular basis.

So if there'll ever be a nice little championship on mondays, wednesday or thursdays I might be in. :thumbsup:

I just noticed that the starting grip is set to 85% :confused:
Not sure if that's a good idea, especially since the tires are going to be stone cold given extremely low air/track temps. It will be like driving in winter on summer tires. What's the point?

I just noticed that the starting grip is set to 85% :confused:
Not sure if that's a good idea, especially since the tires are going to be stone cold given extremely low air/track temps. It will be like driving in winter on summer tires. What's the point?
Hi Dmitry,

The point for variable track and weather conditions is to find out if this gives more dynamism and maybe more fun.

Yes, we're not sure how this plays out, but it will be interesting to see, for example, that a car like the Z4 is less affected by these slippery conditions than the 650s. It may turn out that the Z4s do better in the first 20 minutes of the race, so after the track reaches 100%, the other cars have to overtake the Z4s.

Let me be clear: we don't know these things, so we experiment. And we can adjust these variables for the upcoming events (more starting grip, more temperature, less wind).

And we really like hearing your thoughts and those of others. But I also think that the best drivers like you can also be found at the top with these conditions.

We don't know yet if we will start with 85% in the first event. We can change that at any time before the event starts. I've set up a practice server with these conditions so that Brian and I can test it. Feel free to try it yourself and share your experience with us.

My first impression is that the grip is manageable (Cayman and GT-R) but you slow down for 5 to 6 seconds in the first laps.

The lap times will increase with each lap until 100% is reached, which we will set after about 20 minutes. So you still have 40 minutes with good grip.

I hope you understand that we're trying some new things to see if we can get even more fun for everyone, but we need these races with participants to see how things work.

I think if anything, those conditions will benefit higher-downforce cars like the 650 or 488 even more. While, for example, the GT-R will be a sitting duck not being able to use its massive torque advantage with the tires not getting any heat in them and a slippery track. Don't know about the Z4 as I had virtually no experience in, but I don't really see it a front runner either. I think the cars that rely on mechanical grip more will suffer more in low-grip conditions. Also, colder and thus denser air means more downforce generated giving yet another edge to the cars that get their grip primarily from the downforce.

Guys,

I have you signed up on S.GP but I can't choose the livery. Can you try to change it yourself?
I did that for myself by switching to another car and then switching back. In the last step you can choose the livery.
It seems what you have to do is first switch to another car, then switch back to the car you want, then it will let you choose your livery.

If I may... Actually you can switch the livery. On the selected car there is a number and/or name/color of the livery. That text is clickable and it opens the other options to be selected. :)
Really? I have nothing like that as far as I can tell.

cars.PNG

I also tried clicking on the image on the participant list, but that does nothing.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 161 7.8%
  • < 5 years