GT5 RaceDepartment Club now open in Playstation Home

Have you guys considered setting up a club in Playstation's HOME service? it might help draw in some new racers. You get your own virtual club house where you can meet, chat with other members and leave notices on the bulletin board for organsing events etc.

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1287.jpg

There is now a club for RaceDepartment members to join in the Playstation HOME online community. The club is called 'RaceDepartment' (original huh? :) ) and we have a furnished club house to meet and chat over voice or text about our favourite racing games. The HOME environment is constantly evolving with new features and will hopefully provide a good platform for meeting and arranging races and also finding new friends who may not be aware of the RaceDepartment community. For those who don't have a PS3 or not tried HOME here are a few pictures showing this new online meeting place:

View from side of stage where Bram can address the nation :)
rd-clubhouse-1.jpg

View of various seating area's to meet up

rd-clubhouse-2.jpg

Bulletin board for posting quick messages

rd-clubhouse-4.jpg

I wont mind having such in house in real life :D

Yes I wish the properties and furniture were as cheap in real life having just shelled out over a grand for a new sofa/suite for my real home!

Nice one Kevin, now to find some old arcade cabinets to put in the club, Outrun, Chase HQ and Championship Sprint anyone?

Heh the moment they release anything like that be sure it will appear in the club house :) Another club I used to frequent had some NAMCO stand up machine cabinets for games but it involved shennanigans setting up a Japanese Playstation Network account and installing the NAMCO museum add-on. Sony have been suspending accounts recently for people doing things like this and signing up in the US to get demo's early etc so I don't want to risk that, besides everyone who wants to play the machine has to do the same thing.

So far as the club goes perhaps we should start planning for some weekly events maybe a regular race meet in a game on a given night or perhaps have a hot lap competition in GT5P as I suggested in another thread where each week the slowest placed driver picks the car and track combination for the following week etc.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.9%