GT5 RaceDepartment Club now open in Playstation Home

Have you guys considered setting up a club in Playstation's HOME service? it might help draw in some new racers. You get your own virtual club house where you can meet, chat with other members and leave notices on the bulletin board for organsing events etc.

DSCF1284.jpg

DSCF1287.jpg

I went wandering around the Fat Princess HOME event space today and completed a task which earnt me a copy of the Fat Princess throne for my home space and club house so should Bram come to visit we have a nice big pink and gold throne to put on the stage for him :)

I wouldn't mind signing up if you'll have me.

I'm new to these forums but looking for some online racing of any kind.

I used to race in the Forza 2 leagues but lost my way with gaming for a bit and sold the 360 - Now I'm back with a PS3 for GT5P and a PC for GTRE and RF lol ;)

Send a request in HOME and I'll try and jump on and approve it later, the more the merrier! I'm hoping GT5 will have HOME launch support, it would be nice for us all to meet up in the clubhouse and then jump onto the track.

• stepasyd

old thread bump, isn't that what noobs are for?

anyways, i'm gonna check this out later on, and probably sign up, i've never signed up for any clubs in home, so i'm not sure how that works, but if someone has to approve them or whatever, be on the lookout for the screename, it's the same on here as the one i use online :)

At the moment the club is full, however I will be sending out messages soon to all members to ensure that active RaceDepartment members get priority joining. As much as I'd like to welcome everyone the current club member limit set by Sony is 32.

Over the next few days I will prune the members list to make room for RaceDepartment forum members. The clubhouse has notices pinned to the message board notifying them of this and also has links to this forum where they will need to post to stay in the club.

Hi
Ive been in the club several times but have never met anyone else in there.
I can't post on the bulletin board (is that possible for anyone except admin?)
So the whole thing seems kinda pointless.
Maybe I'm just in the wrong timezone?

Perhaps we need to organise a meeting time?
Or maybe just wait until game launching comes in & ideally we could all meet up at the clubhouse,
have a beer together, then go racing & have another beer & chat afterwards.

Home has so much potential that seems to be unrealised.

Cheers
PSN: ennisfargis

Yes the club is not at its full potential yet. You can now launch quite a few games from HOME but the big one I really want to see support for is GT5. As I've saud before I envisage club members meeting there, chatting and generally socializing before we launch a race from the Clubhouse. There are still plenty of improvements Sony can make such as making the bulletin board bigger and allowing more text (at the moment the size of messages and headings is ridiculously short) Also in the clubhouse you'll see a big monitor screen over the stage area. With GT5 allowing exporting of replays to Youtube I'm hoping we can make use of that screen and run replays of races there. Below is an image of that screen...just above Bram's pink throne :) I've also posted a message in the official UK Playstation racing forums with links to this site and the GT5P hot lap challenge so maybe we can encourage new members to join us.

clubhouse2.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing