Having gone over the write up again, I was actually wrong in my previous comments ..they are actually producing something that has not been done before ..at this stage in production, all I can do, is wish them luck.

Last edited:
The real news here is that the game is still in development.

I got this game for free because they abandoned their previous game in favor of this game.
I'm sure I won't pay anything for these guys because in the last few years they effectively produced nothing other test versions.

I feel like the procedural thing isn't going to work well in multiplayer. Even now, people jump into sessions with real world tracks, without knowing the track well enough to race on. Even when it's an iconic track, there's always a few idiots getting in the way, because that don't know the track well enough to be in a multiplayer session. Now, imagine multiplayer races were 80%, or more, of the grid have never even seen the track before. That just seems like a wreck fest waiting to happen.

Just seems like it would be more of a single player sim.

Procedural is the great way to go for rally, just needs to be more diverse and thoughtout, than, D4, which was a good start. Hope they or someone else pick it up and go further.

Just bought this and waiting for VR, but I've run into a little problem, I have an LG 34" wide monitor running @ 3440 x 1440 but when I set this resolution in game I can't see the bottom of the screen and I cant click any of the settings at the bottom of the screen and if I set it to the next resolution down 2560 x 1440 then I can see the bottom of the screen but it then doesn't fill the whole screen (side to side) I have like letter box only instead of the black bars being at the top and bottom of the screen there at the sides. Strange when they are both running at 1440 ?

Last edited:
Check out these new preview images from the work-in-progress graphical updates and enhancements to procedural racing game, Racecraft.

It's been a while since we last spoke about Racecraft here at RaceDepartment, the interesting procedural racing title having been available to purchase for a while on PC (release date was back in late 2016). Checking back in again with the game recently, it looks like plenty of development is taking place behind the scenes.

Initially launching as more of an arcade style racer, but with the unique aspect of allowing players to generate endless track variations via the in game procedural track generation technology, it looks like Sandbox Games are looking at taking the title down a more realistic path in terms of visuals - with some interesting and impressive looking texture work currently taking place at the Italian studio.

According to the developers, the main areas of concentration for this visual update to the game are focused around work on the different grass, sand and asphalt aspects of the circuits, as well as adding additional detail to the dirt, track patches and improved tyre markings on track.

As well as these features, Sandbox are looking at adding new materials and colour palette for the scenery, trackside structures and buildings - aiming to give give the circuit layouts a more realistic look.

Alongside work on the visuals of Racecraft, the studio have confirmed their next update will also look to add "more simulative gameplay" - indicating that Racecraft might be making a steady transition towards a more realistic driving experience alongside the admittedly impressive procedural track generation technology already in use.

Check out the new preview images below:

Racecraft texture previews 1.jpg
Racecraft texture previews 2.jpg
Racecraft texture previews 3.jpg
Racecraft texture previews 4.jpg

Racecraft is available now on PC.

Interested to find out more about this very different kind of racing game? Check the Racecraft sub forum and see what the community have to say about the game!

Sim Racing is Awesome!

It was an interesting project but last time I've read feedbacks it lacked optimisation and there wasn't any racing possibilities implemented (against ai or against other players). The game was about hotlapping against other players, not really fun. The graphical update is welcome as the graphics were too reptitive. They were on the way for VR, I don't know whether it is implemented now.
When I tried the demo, the physics were too simplified to be fun.

I was hoping a lot from this, but was disapppointed. May be it is better right now, but the previous comments are not positive..

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 233 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 162 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 157 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%
  • < 5 years