Race07 Suprises..

S

Sol Leung

• Sol Leung

So i just login to an online server with the track istanbul and i noticed that something is not right on the track, as u saw alots of real life sponser ads like car and movie ads on the track. So i thought maybe it's just on that track..
but...... to my suprise i went offline and went into macau, then valencia.. it's on them as well. The sponser ads was everywhere?? so we're now forced to see ads in the game?? :mad:
I'm pretty shocked as it added into the game without any notice? i wonder if it just slipped into my steam version Race07 as a steam update? :confused:

ps. those white banner with the size next to it i think those are for hire. :rolleyes:

Istanbul
20080421_be1388dbb2c41afe4ca2eVNGgALK6tx9.jpg

20080421_77a5cf4d751af190e224QZ6Bu2Z5gUZa.jpg

20080421_f58d674299ff34a97b7cw8HQPJiOmV24.jpg

20080421_cc4b818b4329aca2760amnGkY8xVlEsG.jpg

Macau
20080421_07808d1cca81d7b1582bXN7gZyAtSnmN.jpg

20080421_7164d62cbda35a2ab3c16lzmnQlee3iG.jpg

20080421_b4df3686cbd660938e0dE61m7aFwZ637.jpg

20080421_68926f27d6a88d7eb013QHv89tQunHLa.jpg

20080421_9ba9d50ab6d34097fa0fjh2V748pgThw.jpg

Valencia
20080421_c56ef72fb2a805aadb93pt7mlhCigCZ7.jpg

20080421_93897dd9d4bad5b72a3aCXT2pc66q7pj.jpg

20080421_c9f2baa4737534e3ee9fu8R7GrCOdb3i.jpg

20080421_c85e0c35e57f5b2f61a5bm9rdw0Iq1D0.jpg

To be honest, I don't really have a problem with 'in game advertising.' I hardly notice anyway as I'm too busy keeping my eyes on the track:bike: However, I do see a lot of 'Lizard' boards around on various circuits. Does this mean an imminent update for Race 07 via Steam?? I do hope so.:jumping:
I've been going to Brands, Mallory and Silverstone for the past 10 years and every year their advertising changes, I see what happens in Race 07 as added realism, or immersion.

• Sol Leung

m... i found some more info, i didn't know that till now... sigh.. :o
i know it happed in cs a long time ago, but i just couldn't believe it'll happen in Race07. To be honest, i'm disappointed. :(

http://www.race-game.org/race07/support/faq.htm

Q: Does RACE07 feature In Game Advertising (IGA)?
A: Yes, there is In Game Advertising present in RACE07. To provide this functionality, technology developed by IGA Worldwide, INC. has been integrated into the game. This technology will automatically deliver location-based advertising and log and transmit certain information about your interaction with the advertising. If you do not wish to receive contextual advertising messages, do not play this game while connected to the Internet. The IGA Worldwide, INC. privacy policy can be found at www.igaworldwide.com/

Q: Will the advertising banners change when I am driving around the track?
A: No, they will never change during gameplay.

Q: Can a disruption of the In Game Advertising system cause my game to stop functioning?
A: No, the game is in no way dependant on the Advertising system to be working or being active.

Q: Does the inclusion of In Game Advertising force me to be connected to the internet to play RACE07?
A: No, you are never forced to be connected to the internet in order to play an activated copy of RACE07.

Q: Does the In Game Advertising system collect and transmit any data from my system?
A: The In Game Advertising system only transmits a count of how many times you have passed a given advertising board, this information is not send during gameplay and it does not contain any other data or information gathered from your harddrive.http://www.race-game.org/race07/support/faq.htm

A: Yes, there is In Game Advertising present in RACE07. To provide this functionality, technology developed by IGA Worldwide, INC. has been integrated into the game. This technology will automatically deliver location-based advertising and log and transmit certain information about your interaction with the advertising. If you do not wish to receive contextual advertising messages, do not play this game while connected to the Internet. The IGA Worldwide, INC. privacy policy can be found at www.igaworldwide.com/

Q: Can a disruption of the In Game Advertising system cause my game to stop functioning?
A: No, the game is in no way dependant on the Advertising system to be working or being active.

Q: Does the inclusion of In Game Advertising force me to be connected to the internet to play RACE07?
A: No, you are never forced to be connected to the internet in order to play an activated copy of RACE07.

Q: Does the In Game Advertising system collect and transmit any data from my system?
A: The In Game Advertising system only transmits a count of how many times you have passed a given advertising board, this information is not send during gameplay and it does not contain any other data or information gathered from your harddrive.http://www.race-game.org/race07/support/faq.htm

A: The In Game Advertising system only transmits a count of how many times you have passed a given advertising board, this information is not send during gameplay and it does not contain any other data or information gathered from your harddrive.

Well IGA is the future... The developers get better of it, so they self earn some money also... Making it possible to lower the prices of games.

Personally it doesn't disturb me, as long as they don't overdo things. Also, it makes the experience a bit more realistic :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%