Race07 on Oculus Rift: possible?

I bought an Oculus Rift a month ago and I like it very much. Assetto Corsa is great on the Rift, but I would like to race online with good ol' Race07 since my friends are using that game (all without VR headsets). Does anyone have a suggestion how to run Race07 on the Rift, with head tracking?

I don't think there is a way and if there was it would probably not feel nearly as good as games with official support. VorpX doesn't support Race07 and i wouldn't recommend VorpX anyway.

You could give Tridef a chance, it doesn't officially support Race07, but it does have support for GTR2 & GTR Evolution https://www.tridef.com/user-guide/supported-games/international-games?string=gtr

Tridef with virtual desktop or bigscreen beta might give you a curved big screen in 3d on which you can look left/right, but it not nearly as good as full VR support.

I love the rift, but it has ruined all normal 2d gaming for me. Games (especially race games) just aren't immersive anymore when playing them on my 55" tv. I don't even use the triple tv's anymore

Upvote 0
I played it in big screen using Virtual Desktop and it was fun. It was like having a very large screen very close. Once I adjusted the FOV it was certainly better than using a single monitor. Other than that, I can't comment on any other method.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing