RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
- Sep 4, 2007
After your acceptance to the racing club you will need to change your in-game name to match you real name as was done for you on the forum. The steps below outline the 2 ways you can achieve this without losing your settings.
Originally Posted by Robert Firicano
I have a solution for you to change your name in GTR Evolution without having to get your Steam account changed. This process will allow you to keep all your controller and other game settings.
There are two ways to do this. Each listed below.
1. If you want to keep your original profile for when racing off-league.
- In GTR Evo, create a new profile using your real name.
- Exit GTR Evo.
- Go to your My Documents / SimBin / Race07 / UserData folder.
- You will see a folder for your old profile, and a folder for your new profile.
- Open the folder for the new profile you just created, and delete all the files.
- Open the folder for your old profile, select all the files and choose copy.
- Open the folder for the new profile, and choose Paste.
- In th folder for the profile, rename the .PLR and .GAL files that have your old profile name to your new profile name. Be sure to leave the .PLR and .GAL extensions.
2. if you don't want to keep your old profile, and instead just want to rename it to your real name.
- Go to your My Documents / Simbin / Race07 / UserData folder.
- Open the folder with your profile name.
- Rename the .PLR and .GAL files to your real name. Be sure to leave the .PLR and .GAL extensions.