Race: WTCC on rFactor

• Thread starter FOG-Racecarmike
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FOG-Racecarmike

• FOG-Racecarmike

Sell your copies of Race because it is on rFactor now. Runs just the same, but runs smoother. There is the Mini's, WTCC 1989 and WTCC recent are on there. But not all the cars are on there yet. Expect a patch soon... it is only the beta... the patch will have all the cars.

Have fun!

I am sorry to inform you mikey but as a RACE community we dont support this stealing of an official game.
The game was fully stolen because they decrypted the datafiles from the steamfolder. So it is a 100% stolen conversion without permission and therefore we dont support it

RPMnet.org said:
I am sorry to inform you mikey but as a RACE community we dont support this stealing of an official game.
The game was fully stolen because they decrypted the datafiles from the steamfolder. So it is a 100% stolen conversion without permission and therefore we dont support it

This is true, Race files can be decrypted very easy.

If you look at the screenshots of this mod, you clearly see it's a 100% conversion.

I will test the mod but i stay with Race because of the official tournament's.

I see this just as a nice to have and wanna try mod.

Jr-FOG-n00b said:
I have edited THIS post because I did not want to start an argument... peace.

Believe me, this is a conversion.

I just did a file compare to the 2 WTCC's.

The files are exactly the same, even some files have the same date and time if i look into the steam files.

They also included all default setups for all Race tracks. Those tracks arent availeble in the MOD for RF, So this proves they took the TEAMS folder from the Race and converted it to a VEHICLES\RACEX folder, all files are there and have the same size.

I work into software business for 10 years now, i know how to compare files, believe me.

But, overall it is nice to have and test, not for a tournament, just fun racing.

Can I just ask how you do a file compare? Isn't that ILLEGAL as well?

There are some ways to open up RACE. You see them wit ridicilous laptimes driving around.
So when those datafiles are modded you can easely mod the entire game i guess.
Its a pity this happens all the time because it spoils the fun in online racing sometimes when you cant keep them out!

Can I just ask how you do a file compare? Isn't that ILLEGAL as well?

Comparing isn't illegal, decrypting a game and convert it for another game is illegal. I compared the files because of this thread.

To compare the files you first have to decrypt the game. I know how to do that but i will never use it to cheat.

There are several tools to compare files. Use google and you will find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 75 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 48 6.3%