Race videos as Windows desktop wallpaper :)

Hi folks, probably everyone is aware of this, I just grabbed "wallpaper engine" from Steam, yes purchased.
This can select images for the Windows desktop from Steam (lots of Hentai), or your own library folder, AND IT RUNS MP4 VIDEOS!
I'm probably late to the party, wallpaper engine was new for me today, but I now have a selection of my racing greatest moments chopped into 2 minute segments, exported as MP4s, and now running as my desktop wallpaper in a loop.
If you locate your ingame videos, you can copy them to a new folder that you can find later.
I use Brosoft video convertor which is paid or you can use handbrake to cut the videos into segments, then put the segments into one timeline, save as mp4. Lots of tutorials on this online.
I am very happy about this, and thought I'd share, as may be useful for someone that wasn't aware of this function.
Have a great day everyone :) and happy to spread car obsessive behaviour.

Last edited:
As an additional, if like me you use a third party app for some screenshots to put into steam, because they look better, may I recommend reading here.....
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/282526/new-way-to-upload-custom-screenshots-to-steam
I used this as its pretty easy https://steascree.download/
On this page is a script you can use too, I chose the steascree as I have no idea about scripts ;)

Example usage/Tutorial.
I use the excellent Assetto Corsa mod Content Manager, and really like the showroom function to "visit my collection", this takes good screenshots, especially if you go here ... https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/showrooms-and-cm-presets-pack.14786/ after finding them on my hardrive, in my computer they live here ... C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Assetto Corsa\screens I copy them to a new folder in mydocuments, so its easier to find them. *
Now I use steascree to locate the nice screenshots, select my steamuser userdata folder, mines here ... D:\Steam\userdata then choose Assetto Corsa as the game from the list. Copy the screenies to the game folder by using steascree, quit steam - and exit the steam app from near the windows clock.
In the steascree app, select prepare for uploading.
When finished, finally I launch Steam, choose Assetto Corsa game from my library, then send my new screenshots from the content manager up to my Steam account and registered under the game Assetto Corsa, as I normally do.
Better screenshots and fixes the steam blahblah is unavailable at this time- notable because I live and work in China.

*If you use photoshop/lightroom you can use these when your screenshots are in your new folder, just because it's easier, then continue with the rest.

If you're looking for the original steam screenshots, in steam select a screenshot you've taken with steam, right mouse click the screenshot, choose manage, then choose at the bottom of the window, show on disk. this will open your games steam screenshot folder.

If you get a little stuck / non techs give me a shout.
Have a great evening everyone :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 378 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%