Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Just been checking out the pricing and availability of Thrustmaster 458 TX's and it seems the price is going through the roof!! Places that I had previously had it listed at just over 200 quid are now showing them at 250 quid and upwards :thumbsdown:. With F1 2015 around the corner as well I bet those prices will continue to rise.

Wondering whether a budget wheel would be better temporarilty at this stage with things on pCars still not optimised properly for the TX. At least I might get one a bit sooner that way.
Is the option to guy from Amazon in the USA still viable? Or would the shipping eat up the savings? What about ebay? Do you have Square Trade over there?

Thought this might be interesting. I streamed this from online public lobby where 16 started. A couple dropped out and 14 finished, but I didn't see any disconnects. Further, the streaming seemed to have little or no effect on the race, which I must say was very enjoyable and smooth. Not sure why this can happen in public but seemingly not in private. (Ignore the crappy driving, first time on track...but do admire the time change).

Is the option to guy from Amazon in the USA still viable? Or would the shipping eat up the savings? What about ebay? Do you have Square Trade over there?
Just checked Robert and they can't ship it to the UK :/ However even if they could I think the shipping would end up negating the saving made on buying the wheel from there.

I'm reluctant to go the EBay route for such an item tbh but I have checked and the prices are pretty much the same as if I bought it new online anywhere else. Supply and demand I guess. We do have Square Trade but they seem to be limited to phones, tablets, TV's, etc. Can't find anywhere that says they cover anything else over here but I would look into an alternative to cover it. This bloody wheel I issue is giving me a damn headache :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite to your practice last night by the way @Robert Waddell I was just messing around at Silverstone trying to find a decent pad setting (I am struggling badly with it post patch) so although I knew I would struggle badly I thought I would sample my fist online experience with the game. All seemed to go smoothly initially but after a couple of laps I went back to the pits and from that point on my HUD was screwed!! Nothing was displayed at all except a messed up track map in the top left-hand corner of the screen. Most of it was offscreen but what was there looked like it was all compressed into a very small area so completely useless. I tried changing the layout, etc. but all to no avail. Not good when coming to a track for the first time so apologies to anyone if I got in your way during that session as I was desperately trying to learn the track blind and also driving that car for the first time.... not sure how I ended up in that car but it felt as though it would be a nice one to drive if I was not padding it :/.

I think I have pretty much resolved to shelve the game for now until I can somehow find a wheel. I can get some enjoyment out of the pad play but there is more frustration than fun at my inability to master the thumbs and fingers play which seems to have become more of an issue for me since the patch. I could mess around with it for hours (especially with that dumb structure of having to exit the practice or race session to get to the options to tweak the controller, etc.) trying to find settings that work for me but at the end of the day I'll be using a wheel eventually so its just a bit of a waste of time really.

One thing I didn't realise we had was the monitor facility to check out other drivers on track (including telemetry) which I thought was pretty cool. One thing though, is it possible to change the camera view for that as I seemed to be stuck in the front bumper view and couldn't find a way to alter it.

One thing I didn't realise we had was the monitor facility to check out other drivers on track (including telemetry) which I thought was pretty cool. One thing though, is it possible to change the camera view for that as I seemed to be stuck in the front bumper view and couldn't find a way to alter it.

Sorry your experience was so crazy. That's a new bug I have not heard of! The HUB bug?!?! Jeeze, they just keep multiplying. I agree this game can be pretty frustrating and I find myself going back to Forza more often than I thought I would. In fact, during our practice race Peter, an A.I. spun me and then Railer nailed me in the side (he had no choice) and from then on, my ffb was gone. And I mean totally gone. Not even unplugging the wheel and plugging it back in would help. So yea, needless to say, this game is very very broken at the moment...and you are not alone in shelving it. We literally have to get very lucky to have an online session that works, but Railer and I worked on pit stop strategy (after ANOTHER online bug appeared which kept me stuck in the pits not to be released) happened in another race after the one Michael was in. Needless to say, a few of those, and the league will not go forward. It's just not fair. (Strangely enough, I jumped in a session with 16 players after Railer got off and everything was fine :O_o:).

Square Trade does not appear to cover wheels here either if you just look online. You have to call them. And then they will tell you they do...and direct you how. It's the best investment you can make.

YES. You can change the camera view when watching others. But you can't go to cockpit. You can get better than that ground view, though. Not sure which button, but I remember doing it.

Don't give up on the controller. Lots of additional fixes coming in the next patch. And there are tons of threads (I'm sure you have seen most) on how to optimize the controller. As far as chaper wheels go, there is the no ffb wheel (which is what I have 1/2 the time, lol) called the Spider. It's about $98 over here. But then again, that's money you could be putting toward a ffb wheel.

QUESTION: Does anyone know how to ship about 35lbs. of product to London from the USA very cheaply? I have old gear that I think Peter can use. It's just the freight that sucks balls.

It was very odd and nothing I could do would reset the display, wish I had thought ot grab a picture of it. I’ll see if I can find it on the pCars forum and if not I’ll report it there.
Funnily enough I was reading a report from another race somewhere else only yesterday where 5 guys were stuck in the pits and could not rejoin the race.. very odd.

Good info regarding Square Trade.. we have another company called protectyourbubble.com which do a similar type of cover so I’ll definitely be looking into them when(if) I finally get that damn wheel. Just been searching again this morning and still nothing. Every place that has it at anywhere close to the prices they were before I went on holiday has no stock and those that do are ranging from about £260-£400 Crazy!!

The controller was only ever meant to be a temporary thing and before the patch I was having some kind of success with it.. but in the couple of sessions since I have got back I can’t seem to get a handle on it unless I run at a very reduced pace. As soon as I try to push it a little I mess up. I have no feel for the braking at all so am constantly having to re-apply the throttle \ brake and correct the steering to try to corner which just leads to errors and frustration. I’m just not cut out to be a paddler lol. I have read so many threads on controller settings but ther is no magic setting it’s all about personal preference and ability to use a pad which I am just lacking. I was planning to try manual gears last night but just trying to get a clean lap in at Silverstone (a track I know very well of course) was proving more than enough so I abandoned that idea.

Agree that the money spent on the Spider (good reviews of it btw) could just as well go towards the TX but at the moment the TX is looking a very long way off whereas I could probably get the Spider (around £65) in the next week and at least have that to enable me to enjoy the game a bit more while I sit tight and wait for a deal to come up on the TX’s again. I had two very god years with a cheap non-ffb wheel (Madcatz MC2) with F1 2010 and 2011 before I got my trusty ol’ MS wheel so I know I would still enjoy it far more than I am currently with a pad.

Just a quick note --
With the release of the new Bently Continental GT3, league participants are allowed to switch cars upon the happening of two events:
1. Any added GT3 car, to that car only.
2. To any car, after any patch is released altering the wheel or controller physics of the game.

Thanks.

Last edited:
It was very odd and nothing I could do would reset the display, wish I had thought ot grab a picture of it. I’ll see if I can find it on the pCars forum and if not I’ll report it there.
Funnily enough I was reading a report from another race somewhere else only yesterday where 5 guys were stuck in the pits and could not rejoin the race.. very odd.

Good info regarding Square Trade.. we have another company called protectyourbubble.com which do a similar type of cover so I’ll definitely be looking into them when(if) I finally get that damn wheel. Just been searching again this morning and still nothing. Every place that has it at anywhere close to the prices they were before I went on holiday has no stock and those that do are ranging from about £260-£400 Crazy!!

The controller was only ever meant to be a temporary thing and before the patch I was having some kind of success with it.. but in the couple of sessions since I have got back I can’t seem to get a handle on it unless I run at a very reduced pace. As soon as I try to push it a little I mess up. I have no feel for the braking at all so am constantly having to re-apply the throttle \ brake and correct the steering to try to corner which just leads to errors and frustration. I’m just not cut out to be a paddler lol. I have read so many threads on controller settings but ther is no magic setting it’s all about personal preference and ability to use a pad which I am just lacking. I was planning to try manual gears last night but just trying to get a clean lap in at Silverstone (a track I know very well of course) was proving more than enough so I abandoned that idea.

Agree that the money spent on the Spider (good reviews of it btw) could just as well go towards the TX but at the moment the TX is looking a very long way off whereas I could probably get the Spider (around £65) in the next week and at least have that to enable me to enjoy the game a bit more while I sit tight and wait for a deal to come up on the TX’s again. I had two very god years with a cheap non-ffb wheel (Madcatz MC2) with F1 2010 and 2011 before I got my trusty ol’ MS wheel so I know I would still enjoy it far more than I am currently with a pad.

But by that logic, you could have a ffb wheel sent to you also. Just a thought....

But by that logic, you could have a ffb wheel sent to you also. Just a thought....
I think the shipping for something that size will probably be quite hefty.. and it would need a power supply I think wouldn't it? I am always wary of getting power supplies over here for US devices as I had a problem with one once before and the damn thing got fried and I would hate to do that to your spare wheel Robert.

Just checked from here and if I was sending something of a similar weight from here to the US it would cost somehwere around £200 it seems :O_o:. I did a similar check from an online US postal service and they quoted about $250. Obviously I don't know the exact size of the parcel (other than weight) or zip code it would come from but I just did a rough guesstimate and thats what the quotes come out as.

Best deal I can find at the moment is £252 from a company called Conrad.. never heard of them but they seem to have stock while others do not.

Anybody else finding that they can no longer edit their posts?

EDIT: OK so now I can edit some but not others :/

Cool I think we should stay xlear of full out rain until patch releases...sure it puts a load on framerate..dont want anything else to affect race...havent drove this track but it sounds like a slot car track in a closet.lol should be interesting.il try to stay c lear of front runners

That just about negates the difference really. Thanks for the info.

Step back for a second Peter. The wheel is currently $299 here on Amazon. That's peanuts compared to what you are quoting. I'm sure there is a way to convert the power.
http://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-...id=1434030008&sr=8-1&keywords=thrustmaster+tx
I could ship it after order. I checked on the USPS International site and they have something called flat rate pricing. $65 to the U.K. That's less than 50 Pounds.
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices...&mdt=2015/06/11 08:00&mt=12&dok=XX&dvi=200.00

Either a new one from here or mine would seem to be a pretty good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%