Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Assetto Corsica (or however its spelled) can do on the Console. That game is beautiful on PC. But I think the main issue with PCars is all their beta testing was done on PC and not the Xbox. That's why both the PS4 and XB1 are suffering through so many bugs.

@Peter Hooper , to answer your question I got kind of worked up on there using the Caps button quite liberally, and received a Private Message Warning me to Cease and Desist discussing known issues.
Totaly agree on that Michael. It was always a concern that there was so little solid console related info for so long but having said that the PC side of things is far from problem free either. We have to give them some leeway to put things right but I do feel that their promises of the del;ays being to enable them to get it just right for release are coiming back to haunt them now. I am yet to find the problems that have been highlighted due to lack of time to play it yet but now I am back in the fold I intend to get myself stuck into it as much as I can. I hope that as a single player game it will do me fine almost as it is but i'll have a better idea of that over the next week or so.

have you gotten yourself a wheel yet, Peter? Ceasar is out there running 2 hr races with a controller. I wouldn't do it, or even try, thats brave as hell, but he gets it done :thumbsup: and still manages to be very competive and clean. I am still having the issue where I have to occasionally move to different USB ports because the wheel just stops working on certain ports. I don't know if its a wheel problem or a console problem, but it happens outside the game as well. If I leave the wheel, it seems like it falls asleep, then its unresponsive. I power cycle and the USB doesn't work. then I have to keep plugging into USB ports before I find one that works.:poop:

have you gotten yourself a wheel yet, Peter? Ceasar is out there running 2 hr races with a controller. I wouldn't do it, or even try, thats brave as hell, but he gets it done :thumbsup: and still manages to be very competive and clean. I am still having the issue where I have to occasionally move to different USB ports because the wheel just stops working on certain ports. I don't know if its a wheel problem or a console problem, but it happens outside the game as well. If I leave the wheel, it seems like it falls asleep, then its unresponsive. I power cycle and the USB doesn't work. then I have to keep plugging into USB ports before I find one that works.:poop:
No unfortunately the wheel will have to wait until I get the money back from the insurance for the holiday medical bills. I'm hoping that will be sorted sometime late this month or early next.

I definitely could race long sessions on the pad, that's not a problem but I'm just not quick or consistent enough with it to consider playing online other than some test sessions to help try to work things out here. Plus I'm not currently able to use manual gears on a pad, that's too much fingers and thumbs work for me lol so that rules me out of any league races here straight away.

That sounds a really frustrating problem with your wheel. Is that a common problem you've seen others report too or just something you are experiencing?

That sounds a really frustrating problem with your wheel. Is that a common problem you've seen others report too or just something you are experiencing?
As far as I know I'm the only one experiencing it. It is aggrevating, but for now at least it is still working. I wonder if somehow its something I'm doing wrong in the start up process of using the wheel. I think there are some particular step to take when fireing the wheel up whether its putting power to it first then plugging in the usb or plugging in the usb and then turning on.

Michael Watts/michaei watts/ BMW Z4 #82
Just signed a new contract with Nvidia Graphics cards and Slightly Mad Studios.
Fun track its super bumpy and very tight. It will probably be a lot like Monoco. I really enjoy turn 4, reminds me of NASCAR short track.

I was thinking the same thing. In fact, this track reminds me of Bristol there, and also Zandvoort :inlove: in general. Very tight, but if the Blancpain GT Series and the DTM cars can go to Zandvoort, we can run here.

It feels like you really have to drive this track very aggressively and it demands your full attention unlike Silverstone where you can kind of take a break on the straights. I feel like I really have to hustle the car through the fast corners and I'm probably on the throttle a lot through the corners. There will be no resting of the brake foot and you just have to drive it like you stole it all the time and hit your marks as there is no room for errors. I ran a Mock race last night and did well in qualifying (better than expected) But I still need to pick up another 2 tenths, I think to be a threat for the pole. Also..I'm hoping we don't have many lap cars as its still nearly impossible to get a clean pass in, even on Lap cars. There is barely any place on this track to go two wide. Passes will probably be made from people going wide or driving off the course judging from my race last night with the AI.

It feels like you really have to drive this track very aggressively and it demands your full attention unlike Silverstone where you can kind of take a break on the straights. I feel like I really have to hustle the car through the fast corners and I'm probably on the throttle a lot through the corners. There will be no resting of the brake foot and you just have to drive it like you stole it all the time and hit your marks as there is no room for errors. I ran a Mock race last night and did well in qualifying (better than expected) But I still need to pick up another 2 tenths, I think to be a threat for the pole. Also..I'm hoping we don't have many lap cars as its still nearly impossible to get a clean pass in, even on Lap cars. There is barely any place on this track to go two wide. Passes will probably be made from people going wide or driving off the course judging from my race last night with the AI.

Agree. And because of that, the "perfect lap" is probably years in the making and very hard to put together on any consistent basis. Even another day has seen me get close to 1:35 now. But it still feels like there is time to be had since every time you go around, you are in attack mode, like you said, and you can pick out small errors here or there.

I'm not sure we could have. What other game was it on? But yea, I'll admit there are tons of gems in Europe and Great Britain that I have never heard of. I know many here. Like VIR in SW Virginia. Awesome track. Nobody knows it.

Im assuming you never got Toca Race Driver in America then :) Ive been watching some american racing recently think last one was at Belle Isle. Thruxton would be a favorite in America it's like an oval but with corners...

Im assuming you never got Toca Race Driver in America then :) Ive been watching some american racing recently think last one was at Belle Isle. Thruxton would be a favorite in America it's like an oval but with corners...

Oh I wish my online racing went back that far...but I was actually on the track and up to various shenanigans back then. I've hear Toca was a great game though. And @Peter Hooper mentions another one all the time too. It's good that we seem to be headed back in to the same direction with getting closer to real life instead of cops and robbers.

Good to hear you are getting IndyCar over there and it's getting some viewers. I think it's poised for a comeback. It just needs to hang in there, diversify the schedule outside of America, and make the cars a bit more sleeker and faster (those rear bumpers are so ugly, but the aero packages are not and add interesting strategy), and it will become what it was back in the early 90s of CART fame.

Just been checking out the pricing and availability of Thrustmaster 458 TX's and it seems the price is going through the roof!! Places that I had previously had it listed at just over 200 quid are now showing them at 250 quid and upwards :thumbsdown:. With F1 2015 around the corner as well I bet those prices will continue to rise.

Wondering whether a budget wheel would be better temporarilty at this stage with things on pCars still not optimised properly for the TX. At least I might get one a bit sooner that way.

Yea im going to try to broadcast my recording it says its 1.45 long but I havent tried to watch past the 8 min mark..these bugs are killing this game..tried to run our opener at prl last nite..quaily 4th..race start wheel died..after restart scratched my way back to 4th pitted and.....pitted....had to cancel race cause game wasnt letting me or 5 others out of pits..hope to have better luck this weekend. .reallt hope the magical patch fixes alot of these bugs..oh and great race last week guys.

Yea im going to try to broadcast my recording it says its 1.45 long but I havent tried to watch past the 8 min mark..these bugs are killing this game..tried to run our opener at prl last nite..quaily 4th..race start wheel died..after restart scratched my way back to 4th pitted and.....pitted....had to cancel race cause game wasnt letting me or 5 others out of pits..hope to have better luck this weekend. .reallt hope the magical patch fixes alot of these bugs..oh and great race last week guys.

Great race for me too thanks to you and your fairness, determination, and dogging me until you got past. I loved it even though we were in the back. I agree with you about pCARS. I think many leagues are feeling the same frustrations and we sort of got lucky, but Chips steered us right in limiting the lobbies and being in party chat. I think 8 max in party and then lobby is about it for now. I was hoping for a patch this week, but I guess they just can't get it right. SMS for all its good really dropped the ball on the console.

Great race for me too thanks to you and your fairness, determination, and dogging me until you got past. I loved it even though we were in the back. I agree with you about pCARS. I think many leagues are feeling the same frustrations and we sort of got lucky, but Chips steered us right in limiting the lobbies and being in party chat. I think 8 max in party and then lobby is about it for now. I was hoping for a patch this week, but I guess they just can't get it right. SMS for all its good really dropped the ball on the console.
The patch got postponed due to a crash bug they found in it before submission to MS. It finally got submitted around the 4th so I would think we are looking at another 10-14 days before it hits us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%