Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I'm used to racing 3-4 hours with NASCAR but the CSR pedals feel a bit different never had an issue with my heel going numb like that. I had my pit assistant (Wife) throw a mouse pad under my foot. I found myself taking my foot off on the wellington, and hanger straights to rest it. Yes like real racing I suppose.

Myself and a few others are having trouble watching the replays that we saved. The game is dashboarding after aprox. 8 mins of playback. You can try and fast forward but it seems to cut out around the same playback time, everytime. Its an issue with the game, not the console, as there are a few people on PCars forums experiencing the same issue.

The pit stop strategies are very bugged Peter I only had one saved, and it worked for me. I would have been more of a threat if I had been able to turn off repairs, and pitted when the track dried instead of losing time on wets.

The pit stop strategies are very bugged Peter I only had one saved, and it worked for me. I would have been more of a threat if I had been able to turn off repairs, and pitted when the track dried instead of losing time on wets.
So repairs are automatically made and you can't change that? I understand that you can set your pit stop strategy pre-race but can you not override this if the situation needs something different during the race?

No, you can turn repairs off for individual components, but as most of racing goes you don't really know what kind of damage you have as in real life all you have is sound, feel, guages but you don't have eyes outside your car. As a racer you don't really care if the **** is fixed as much as your guys getting you out of the pits. Preferable with the proper compound and tires pressures.

Haha, I got acknowledgment of the Replay issue through a warning on Project Cars forum. I guess I'll have to leave it alone and hope they include it in the next patch. Save your replay Robert and they might fix it.

They are a real bunch of control freaks, that's for sure. Fish rots from the head, and Bram has Ian Bell nailed to a tee. On the positive side, at least they are communicating with us and not through us, like Codemasters, or not at all, like Turn 10. Hopefully they will patch this stuff. I'm going to live stream on Twitch. That didn't seem to impact the connections. If it does, the host will migrate anyway.

Oulton Park International Grand Prix
British GT Championship
6/13/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT
Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
Race: 10:15pm BST (31 laps, including formation lap)
(This is a "Short" race = approx. 1h)
_________________________​
Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2015 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 01:33.877
Day: Saturday
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
Damage: ON
Mechanical Failures: ON
Tire Wear: 2x
Fuel Usage: NORMAL
Flags and Penalties: ON
Auto Start Engine: YES
Assists: SET TO "REAL" AND COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
Weather: SET TO REAL WEATHER IN 2015 LOCATION OR LAST RACE RUN.
Time Progression: 2x
Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Audi RM8 Ultra #43
2. Jalen Vaughn / Sentry Bravo / McLaren MP4-12C #23
3. Matthew Booth / Boothy116 / McLaren MP4-12C #60
4. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #76
5. Michael Watts / michaei watts / BMW Z4 #82
6. Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ Ruf GT3 #__
7. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser / Aston Martin GT3
8. Rob Poelmans / Rob46 Be/ Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 #59
9. Kevin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Bentley Continental #88

NOTES:
1. For shorter than one hour ("Short" races), no pit stop is required. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

Last edited:
My session this AM got me to 1:36.027. Have a feeling that's not going to cut it, but this is a new track, so I think there may be a couple seconds to shave hopefully. It's one of the laser scanned tracks and such a fun ride!

Haha, I got acknowledgment of the Replay issue through a warning on Project Cars forum. I guess I'll have to leave it alone and hope they include it in the next patch. Save your replay Robert and they might fix it.
A warning.. in what form Michael? Personal message? I saw your post about it this morning.

I have not so far seen anywhere that the replay problem is one of their 'Known Issues' though and as far as I know it's only those that are being looked at so it may be something that is not yet on their 'to be fixed' list :rolleyes:.

They are a real bunch of control freaks, that's for sure. Fish rots from the head, and Bram has Ian Bell nailed to a tee. On the positive side, at least they are communicating with us and not through us, like Codemasters, or not at all, like Turn 10. Hopefully they will patch this stuff. I'm going to live stream on Twitch. That didn't seem to impact the connections. If it does, the host will migrate anyway.
I still am scratching my head at how long this thing has been in development and yet has been released with so many obvious issues :rolleyes: Kind of thought one of the benefits behind getting the community involved was to minimise this sort of thing and yet it seems to be one of the worst releases in terms of game breaking bugs.

Thats not to say it is not a wonderful game \ sim underneath if you can look past all that. There is defintely so much to admire but it's just a case of whether enough have the patience to stick with it.

Yea, I agree Dan, their ffb is better than pCARS now, as is there beautiful rendering of cars and tracks that play seamlessly in 1080p/60fpf...even in full lobbies!! Imagine that. Plus replays never fail and you can watch from any car. With the added weather and night, if they get the tire model better and give us tire wear and fuel, then I'd say we have what we thought was pCARS about 6 months later.
pCARS can still fix a lot of things, but it's quite clear who has the polish. You can see pCARS wanting to be great, and I hope it gets there.

I'm going to try to spend a bit of time with the game this week to see how my pad times compare to the wheel times you guys have been putting in at Silverstone and then here. Never driven this circuit in any game so I am definitely looking forward to some time here :thumbsup:
You will love it! Tough one to learn on a pad, but has a nice flow, despite being in the countryside. It's that natural terrain track magic coming around again I guess! However, if you bear my time with a pad I will hunt you down and rip it out of your hands. lol.

You will love it! Tough one to learn on a pad, but has a nice flow, despite being in the countryside. It's that natural terrain track magic coming around again I guess! However, if you bear my time with a pad I will hunt you down and rip it out of your hands. lol.
I think my pad is safe lol. I was about 2 or 3 seconds off your time at Brands I think which is a track I know well so at this one I expect the gap to be significantly greater but i'll have some fun regardless of that, albeit on my own lol.

Yea, I agree Dan, their ffb is better than pCARS now, as is there beautiful rendering of cars and tracks that play seamlessly in 1080p/60fpf...even in full lobbies!! Imagine that. Plus replays never fail and you can watch from any car. With the added weather and night, if they get the tire model better and give us tire wear and fuel, then I'd say we have what we thought was pCARS about 6 months later.
pCARS can still fix a lot of things, but it's quite clear who has the polish. You can see pCARS wanting to be great, and I hope it gets there.
I have always believe forza is a car game and pcars a racing game, i think forza need to add qualifing and more of a race weekend feel to it (more then 2 laps in a career race that cannot be changed is not cool) but I will defo buy the game no doubts about that. I brought pcars digitally so its the one game i cant trade so im hoping that as the fixes start to go in to place its something that can get better and better.

Im always big on what tracks are in the game and i think to me this is pcars biggest appeal, read forza will have 24 locations so thats double on forza 5 so thats good

I'm kind of looking forward to seeing what Assetto Corsica (or however its spelled) can do on the Console. That game is beautiful on PC. But I think the main issue with PCars is all their beta testing was done on PC and not the Xbox. That's why both the PS4 and XB1 are suffering through so many bugs.

@Peter Hooper , to answer your question I got kind of worked up on there using the Caps button quite liberally, and received a Private Message Warning me to Cease and Desist discussing known issues.

I have Just Purchased rFactor 2.
Played rFactor 1's demo and enjoyed it very much, a lot too take in!
So Splashed out on a lifetime supscription of rFActor 2.
its not working at the moment, but I believe I may have found the fix.

Reactions: Rob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline