Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

McNasty, since we both run the Ruf. Once the new patch came out I was running 1.5 secs. quicker and then I adjusted my car settings and I ran low 1:34's on lap 3. I am getting comfortable with the track and brake, turn is areas and I know low 1:33's are possible with the Ruf.
After a lengthy debrief with the pit crew it was determined a radiator had damaged and with no spare to replace it with the car was retired.
This coming weekends race with new funding and a full compliment of parts to replace everything (we hope), the #76 Ruf Porsche will battle it out at Oulton Park.

Guys, some things you may not have realized about the last patch that changed. I believe the A.I. now will perform much closer to real drivers. Second, is tire wear. I can't begin to explain all the detail the developers go into but this thread should be a must read.

For instance:
Q: In real life though I would have thought with this much rain you'd have all cars on slicks spearing off the track.
A: Yes correct. They should be more like 16 sec a lap slower if still out on slicks. Whats happening is our performance reduction code is treating it like a standard rain tire instead of a useless slick. This was fixed already.

Q: I'm glad the tire issues (and AI) are getting looked at. I just find it really odd that this type of gameplay Tuning wasn't done before release. It's like there weren't enough people playing through the game during beta (either in single player and career in various whether conditions) to notice this issues and ensure proper adjustments were made. I also find the AI difficulty is also inconsistent from track to track. Anyway, thanks again SMS for correcting these issues, keep up the great work and updates!
A: You're right and I won't duck the point. We were late in getting the AI rain stuff working. We took a lot of time (longer than expected) to get the behaviours correct and get the tools to make them tweakable the way I wanted them. So it left a bit of a rush to get the first wave of tuning them done. Just being honest. And I won't promise what you see in the next patch will be perfect either. It will be a big improvement, but as these things go with all the cars and all the scenarios for rain in this great game of ours, there's still bound to be nit picks here and there.

(The next patch will concentrate more on A.I. tire wear being closer to reality, though, in the dry on a wet tire. The last patch dealt with our cars.)

And here is the new wear on YOUR car in a nutshell:

The soft slicks should last a bit longer than 1 tank of fuel. The mediums 1.5-ish and the hards should make it through 2 tanks. That's the design / game-play (game wide) decision we made. However the wear in the release version for a few of the cars (GT3, GT4 , LMP's some lighter formula's) were off by a bit - some more than others.. I've been re-balancing this for weeks now along with rain, rain tires performance in the dry, and AI rain performance vs player. Almost done. My point is that if you were driving the LMP1's then the wear will be quicker than what you have now. I'll run a test there today or tomorrow and see what wear I'm getting with a LMP1 car.

So now that Tire wear is improved, are we still going to run 2x tire wear to promote Possible Buggie Pit-stops? Perhaps we should run a practice race and see if anyone suffers from Pit bugs. Looks like tire wear should be good normal for the Long races where we have to refuel.

Only realised this morning that I probably won't make this race :( I am at the London round of the Formual E finale this weekend and my ticket is for the Saturday. Can't wait to see it live but equally disappointed to miss out on my first pCars race :thumbsdown:

So now that Tire wear is improved, are we still going to run 2x tire wear to promote Possible Buggie Pit-stops? Perhaps we should run a practice race and see if anyone suffers from Pit bugs. Looks like tire wear should be good normal for the Long races where we have to refuel.

Tire Wear will stay at 2X for both long and short races. This is because the developers admit that they were a bit conservative on the GT3 cars, and, more importantly, X2 is still more accurate since soft tires would last for a full tank, and be worn about the same in real British GT3 races (which is to say noticeable) as they would be in our races.

And it would be nice to get the pits straightened out. Watch out for crazy high tire pressures.

Only realised this morning that I probably won't make this race :( I am at the London round of the Formual E finale this weekend and my ticket is for the Saturday. Can't wait to see it live but equally disappointed to miss out on my first pCars race :thumbsdown:

Well darn, but NOT! You lucky bastard. Have a great time, as this is a big deal. I'm jealous. lol. :alien:

Edit: Some on PCars forums are having problems with their online and the game working. Seems that Namco pulled the license for the the Limited Car Pack and its Royally screwed the game up if you are on Xbox Live with it. Otherwise it's fine to play OFFLINE. That should make this weekends race a lot of fun.

Anyone gotten online or had difficulty playing online or offline, while connected to Xbox Live?

Last edited:
Edit: Some on PCars forums are having problems with their online and the game working. Seems that Namco pulled the license for the the Limited Car Pack and its Royally screwed the game up if you are on Xbox Live with it. Otherwise it's fine to play OFFLINE. That should make this weekends race a lot of fun.

Anyone gotten online or had difficulty playing online or offline, while connected to Xbox Live?

Ok, Mike thanks. That's quite a lag. Going to make it easy to drive with the car pausing every 1 seconds and reappearing 7 seconds later where it would be if you had continued. Jesus.

Anyway...Some later posts to give some hope:

and Martin (Griff) our Xbox Lead.
We have some progress, Griff has managed to repro at least one instance of this issue, based on the some stress testing. We're digging into it now.
[Edited: To reflect correct repro]

Correction! it wasn't the devlo causing it, it was related to network stressing, sorry for the confusion, we ran multiple tests and I reported on the wrong one.

I just let the game open when the video was supposed to end the game goes normal. Go figure. No network trick, nothing. Just wait. The only issue right now is that I cant skip to the end of a qualify session, the clock keeps spinning and nothing happens.

Something fishy going on with the Limited Car Pack.
Read from here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1011520

The removal of the Limited Car Pack created some confusion. Namco, according to WMD guy, pulled the license for it, so it just disappeared even though people have paid for it already. Anyway Consoles don't like to play games that has had content removed from the store with no way to verify licenses on the Server. Usually ends to some sort of Data Corruption.
Anyway, I'll be on tonight probably around 9pm EST for some Online Practice if anyone wants to join. I'll be driving the BMW first at Oulton, then probably putting a few laps down at Zolder, later in the GT4 car. Hoping for it to run smooth.

I still have the Limited Car Pack and was in a lobby last night with 12 people running GT3 cars at Nurburg GP. Has a great 10 lap race with no issues. Pulling the content without notice because of a perceived licensing issue is indeed risky stuff. But let's hope last night bodes well for whatever ailed the game. I'll be on tonight running GT3 at Oulton and Nurburg GP.

Going to head out tonite after work to get sum laps in. Hopefully rim will arrive soon.
Not sure I can keep up with u guys but il practice to try..had another pit bug in race last nite..stuck in pits then booted from game as it crashed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%