Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

wahahaha! This ain't Le Mans! Besides I think we should all be worried about the Bentley. I've seen with my own eyes what that car is capable of. Chips is going to be tough in that car, especially when he taps into that Speed at Zolder and Spa on the Long straights. He'll probably be lapping us all.

Well all I know is I had adjusted my Soft Clipping to what Rocco on PCars forum recommened and was able to drop my tyre force to 100. I also used to be able to feel the rumble of the rumble strips as I ran over them. Now the FFB seems like they just increased it at an expodential leval and it feels sloppy and stiff to me.
Just like in my Real car I could feel the paint stripes in the wheel of my car when I drive over the Walmart parking lot. My Virtual car was almost as sensitive, Now it just feels like the belt has slipped off the powersteering pump and I have the same sensitivity of a M915 ( Army's verison of a Tractor trailor Truck)
Just to compare Apples to Apples, i did take the BMW out yesterday for a few laps and after turning down my tire force to 50 I could run a 33.8 in Qualifying trim. Like F1, the wheel is actually stiffer when you have a larger fuel load, which I didnt notice last time. That's what made me think they just magnified the FFB of the wheel and didn't really adjust any other sensitivity. The TX is capible of dislocating your thumbs if you put them in the wheel during calibration and the Game certainly uses all of its strength. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
I'm just giving my honest opinion, obviously Those of us that have been using the previous settings will be at a disadvantage to those who are just starting out and have the benefit of feeling the new forces and dialing it in from there.
Robert, I'll try those other settings. I've been using the "Classic" settings and haven't changed a thing in there since entering them as SMS promised this would only effect the FFB on a Global level. However, I think I may need to go in and cut mine back on the computer. They say not to do that as you will lose the dynamic feel of the FFB, but seriously I think they just magnified/expodentialized turned up the FFB from the wheel in the coding to stop everyone's bitching. I can't feel the little things anymore.

Happy Father's Day to all the Fathers out there!

Mike, I'm not sure who Rocco is or why he is giving advice. If you feel comfortable with it, then go with it, but the recognized expert in all of this wheel stuff is Jack Spade. The PC guru who knows physics and has developed those files scientifically. I can only speak for myself, but the global settings are very easy. You just follow the few tweaks from default on the first page, then you get to the harder part of figuring out which "feel" (there are four, and it's the in car settings that are most important, so experiment with each set on one car you know well and see how it feels -- the are described above each and in the next post). I have mine dialed in just about perfectly, and I can feel bumps very very well. Remember, as in real racing, some bumps are not going to be felt as much or at all because of the car weight or the fact that they are flat or ruts, like at Spa. And the resistance is artificial too, although I do realize that's how we simulate g-force. That's really the subjective part. And indeed, Jack plays mostly with lateral forces, but if you really want "bumps" he has a setting for that too. Also I've found that my ffb greatly improved after I downloaded the latest firmware. Make sure yours is 49B now (just came out).

These are adapted from Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files - basically it's his FFB settings, in a spreadsheet so that console users can enter them into their game and use the same FFB settings as PC users are enjoying. These should work for most/all console supported wheels and should be a good starting point for everyone. Obviously a lot is based on personal preference, so if they don't feel quite right each user can alter them in his/her game however they see fit.

There are five sets of FFB settings within this spreadsheet.

What´s the difference between the sets?

1. Classic - classic parameters Fx,Mz,Fy,Fz - but additional SopDiff. bumps/kerbs/road feel from the rear tires, solves phase issues.

2. Fy+SopLateral Mix - side load mix (front/rear) 2/3 + 1/3 by forces not by numbers. FFB feels slightly different but gives more feel what the
rear of the car is doing, all other parameters as Standard.

3. 66% - Featuring Side Load Forces derivated from the Rear. The character of SopLateral leaves Mz more space to breathe, allows about
10% - 13% increased Master Scale and Sop Scale values than in other sets. Entering curves the wheel slightly feels lighter than
usual but compensates with more dynamic, you gain more feel when the tail wants to step out.
In the Fy+SopLateral Mix version Fy (side load front) is dominating, besides the Master Levels this is the main difference.
Note, although different side load mix versions they are following laws of physics, in this case how SMS interprets including
human error (and bugs).

4. Bumps Plus - Based on the Fy+SopLateral Mix version, more Rock´n Roll from bumps and kerbs, clipping not ruled out.

5. Brake Rumble - in game Fx = longitudinal force. Fx is equally cranked up on all cars, it´s a temporary force so it won´t spoil the core balance. Though cranked up there is just little effect on lots of cars. As reference check the Radicals and the Caterham 500 on Oulton Park.

ALSO MAKE SURE YOUR FIRMWARE is 49B on the Thrustmaster TX Italia. This just came out, and optimizes several ffb functions and wheels:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=files_faq

Jack Spade's PC Tweaker files
Download from Google Drive here:
Excel: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download
PDF: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ul...xport=download

wahahaha! This ain't Le Mans! Besides I think we should all be worried about the Bentley. I've seen with my own eyes what that car is capable of. Chips is going to be tough in that car, especially when he taps into that Speed at Zolder and Spa on the Long straights. He'll probably be lapping us all.

Well then it will be great to see you in that beast Bentley come next race! :p

Yeah, I got the FFB sorted out. I thought I had reset my settings in the Controls menu, but I was mistaken. After doing that I went back up to 100 on Tire force and the car was back to awesome again. BTW I just got done running a race where I had to pit for damage twice, as well as couple of other guys and no pit-stop bugs in both of those races. So maybe that is fixed. Also we had 11 people in the room, two parties and no problems. The only lag we experienced was in the second race. The host had mentioned creating a second room but we didn't and lag was very apparent. I think there were other rooms of 14 cars, splitting party chats between classes.

I turned down ffb to 85 and sop and master to 32 but the gragh in the upper lafthand corner is still around 75 to 80 % to the top .any suggestions to bring it down without losing the feel? Tire force is at 100 now down from 150

Nothing wrong with this. You just don't want the line to hit the top of the box. (clipping). Or the bottom for that matter. Rumble strips are the exception.

Yeah, I got the FFB sorted out. I thought I had reset my settings in the Controls menu, but I was mistaken. After doing that I went back up to 100 on Tire force and the car was back to awesome again. BTW I just got done running a race where I had to pit for damage twice, as well as couple of other guys and no pit-stop bugs in both of those races. So maybe that is fixed. Also we had 11 people in the room, two parties and no problems. The only lag we experienced was in the second race. The host had mentioned creating a second room but we didn't and lag was very apparent. I think there were other rooms of 14 cars, splitting party chats between classes.

Yea, I ran a Forza race today in the '69 Brabham and gave away a podium. :mad:. But the good news is that the guys who run the league say they have been testing rooms in pCARS and 8-12 have been running pretty well. I have also noticed less tearing and better replay quality. Sounds like they really did make good on that 4-7% improvement claim. I'm hoping with multi-player fixed sometime soon and miscellaneous bugs squashed, we will have a true classic. I can see gimpses, and even now, can't stop driving it....:)

Theres a update for the tx v49. Did it this morning and went to control panel while hooked up to pc and turned up the master gain to 100. Cant wait to get ho Nn e and see w hhhhhhhhhh at if any improvements this update makes.anyone else done the update

Theres a update for the tx v49. Did it this morning and went to control panel while hooked up to pc and turned up the master gain to 100. Cant wait to get ho Nn e and see w hhhhhhhhhh at if any improvements this update makes.anyone else done the update

About five posts above yours I mention this and give a link to the site. To your question: yes, I most definitely could feel a difference. The ffb is more subtle, yet tactile and improved. It's nowhere near what it could be, but it's slowly getting there, and good enough, for me, to say it's the best on the console right now.

Ok sorry my phone is having trouble displaying this page again nothing but the pic most of the time.il have a look on my pc tonite..strange cause nver had problem veiwing on phone until last week or so

Just so you know the Water button= View and Wiper button= is Menu. That is MS's way of saying F you (We'll let you have a wheel but you can't use all the buttons, followed by evil laugh Wahahahaha)! But other than that you'll love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 289 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%