Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Well all I know is I had adjusted my Soft Clipping to what Rocco on PCars forum recommened and was able to drop my tyre force to 100. I also used to be able to feel the rumble of the rumble strips as I ran over them. Now the FFB seems like they just increased it at an expodential leval and it feels sloppy and stiff to me.
Just like in my Real car I could feel the paint stripes in the wheel of my car when I drive over the Walmart parking lot. My Virtual car was almost as sensitive, Now it just feels like the belt has slipped off the powersteering pump and I have the same sensitivity of a M915 ( Army's verison of a Tractor trailor Truck)
Just to compare Apples to Apples, i did take the BMW out yesterday for a few laps and after turning down my tire force to 50 I could run a 33.8 in Qualifying trim. Like F1, the wheel is actually stiffer when you have a larger fuel load, which I didnt notice last time. That's what made me think they just magnified the FFB of the wheel and didn't really adjust any other sensitivity. The TX is capible of dislocating your thumbs if you put them in the wheel during calibration and the Game certainly uses all of its strength. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
I'm just giving my honest opinion, obviously Those of us that have been using the previous settings will be at a disadvantage to those who are just starting out and have the benefit of feeling the new forces and dialing it in from there.
Robert, I'll try those other settings. I've been using the "Classic" settings and haven't changed a thing in there since entering them as SMS promised this would only effect the FFB on a Global level. However, I think I may need to go in and cut mine back on the computer. They say not to do that as you will lose the dynamic feel of the FFB, but seriously I think they just magnified/expodentialized turned up the FFB from the wheel in the coding to stop everyone's bitching. I can't feel the little things anymore.

I turned down ffb to 85 and sop and master to 32 but the gragh in the upper lafthand corner is still around 75 to 80 % to the top .any suggestions to bring it down without losing the feel? Tire force is at 100 now down from 150

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Thrustmaster Spider after waiting and waiting for a return of stock for the TX’s over here without any joy. A delivery delay at my shop of online choice was the final straw as they have no idea when the TX’s will now get to them and with everywhere else having the same issues I couldn’t wait any longer, I just felt I was missing out way to much so went for the non FFB Spider. It arrived yesterday lunchtime (ordered the previous afternoon (great service from Shopto.net as always) so once I was home and had dinner I set it all up and went grabbed some track time at Oulton Park for my first real run out in the game.. total bliss :inlove:

I put my best lap up on Twitch and sent it to YouTube (via my Twitch phone app) as well so it was nice to see that working seamlessly too. I am off the pace of course but the wheel saw me crush my pad times and was fairly quickly down to a 1:35.285 after about 25-30 laps which I am happy enough with for now as several guys in the league race on Saturday were in the 35's in qualifying and I think that time would have been enough for me to place 4th in that session so I don't think that’s too bad progress after my first real session in the game and at that track. I am sure there is more to come off that but it felt comfortable and I was able to be in and around that time over a succession of laps at the end of the session.

The wheel itself is very, very impressive. Solidly built, very striking to look at and the bungee cord resistance is excellent. The paddles are extremely nice and give a very nice positive click when changing gears, I am sure the missus is going to get annoyed at that while watching the TV while I am playing at the other end of the room lol. The pedals have really surprised me as I thought they would be a bit of a weak link but once I got them out of the box I was really taken aback by their size but more importantly the amount of resistance there was in them. I expected quite a sloppy feel tbh but they are really nice and stiff which is exactly what I like to have. If this is representative of the quality of their budget offering then I can’t wait to get my hands on the TX :thumbsup:

As for the driving experience with it.. well it is immeasurably better than the pad (for me anyway, I know plenty love using the pad but it's just not for me.. too old and set in my ways lol). It does take some getting used to the lack of any feedback from the wheel at all, no indications of loss of grip, shift of weight or locking up, rumble strips, etc. and initially I was constantly out braking myself and running off at corners, missing apexes, etc. but gradually going back to the old ways of using the visual and audio clues only I was able to settle and by the time I had got a dozen laps under my belt I was feeling much more comfortable and started putting in more and more competitive times.

No question that I am missing out on some of the immersion factor with no FFB and the lack of feel perhaps is going to prove a little bit of a disadvantage with regard to consistency but I am more than happy at this point and the Spider is going to serve me very well over the coming months while I wait for the TX to come back into stock and the prices to return to a more reasonable level. That may take a while yet though as with F1 around the corner there is likely to be an even bigger demand come this time next month so it may not be until well after the Summer before things stabilize on that front :/ But I am nicely set anyway so I can bide my time now.

It was a doddle to set up with no FFB to worry about and the default settings are already very good but I am sure I will tweak them a bit over the coming days. All I have to do now is get a button configuration that suits me but it's already pretty good so I don't think I will have to mess with it too much. There seems to be ample buttons so I don’t think I’ll have any trouble assigning everything that I need to. I initially thought the ‘Start Engine’ button as the d-pad was going to be a bit fiddly but it’s very nice actually and not a problem at all. There is a little toggle switch as well which is nice but I am not sure what it can be configured to if anything at all.. all it seems to do as default is to pause my session so I’ll have to mess around with that some more. I see that the TX has the same buttons so has anyone re-assigned this to anything?

So all in all one very happy bunny here as I can finally start to enjoy the game over a month after picking it and the console up. A big thankyou to @Robert Waddell for the option to loan your spare TX but as you know I was concerned about the power supply issue and this will be more than adequate for the time being.

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered the Thrustmaster Spider after waiting and waiting for a return of stock for the TX’s over here without any joy. A delivery delay at my shop of online choice was the final straw as they have no idea when the TX’s will now get to them and with everywhere else having the same issues I couldn’t wait any longer, I just felt I was missing out way to much so went for the non FFB Spider. It arrived yesterday lunchtime (ordered the previous afternoon (great service from Shopto.net as always) so once I was home and had dinner I set it all up and went grabbed some track time at Oulton Park for my first real run out in the game.. total bliss :inlove:

I put my best lap up on Twitch and sent it to YouTube (via my Twitch phone app) as well so it was nice to see that working seamlessly too. I am off the pace of course but the wheel saw me crush my pad times and was fairly quickly down to a 1:35.285 after about 25-30 laps which I am happy enough with for now as several guys in the league race on Saturday were in the 35's in qualifying and I think that time would have been enough for me to place 4th in that session so I don't think that’s too bad progress after my first real session in the game and at that track. I am sure there is more to come off that but it felt comfortable and I was able to be in and around that time over a succession of laps at the end of the session.

The wheel itself is very, very impressive. Solidly built, very striking to look at and the bungee cord resistance is excellent. The paddles are extremely nice and give a very nice positive click when changing gears, I am sure the missus is going to get annoyed at that while watching the TV while I am playing at the other end of the room lol. The pedals have really surprised me as I thought they would be a bit of a weak link but once I got them out of the box I was really taken aback by their size but more importantly the amount of resistance there was in them. I expected quite a sloppy feel tbh but they are really nice and stiff which is exactly what I like to have. If this is representative of the quality of their budget offering then I can’t wait to get my hands on the TX :thumbsup:

As for the driving experience with it.. well it is immeasurably better than the pad (for me anyway, I know plenty love using the pad but it's just not for me.. too old and set in my ways lol). It does take some getting used to the lack of any feedback from the wheel at all, no indications of loss of grip, shift of weight or locking up, rumble strips, etc. and initially I was constantly out braking myself and running off at corners, missing apexes, etc. but gradually going back to the old ways of using the visual and audio clues only I was able to settle and by the time I had got a dozen laps under my belt I was feeling much more comfortable and started putting in more and more competitive times.

No question that I am missing out on some of the immersion factor with no FFB and the lack of feel perhaps is going to prove a little bit of a disadvantage with regard to consistency but I am more than happy at this point and the Spider is going to serve me very well over the coming months while I wait for the TX to come back into stock and the prices to return to a more reasonable level. That may take a while yet though as with F1 around the corner there is likely to be an even bigger demand come this time next month so it may not be until well after the Summer before things stabilize on that front :/ But I am nicely set anyway so I can bide my time now.

It was a doddle to set up with no FFB to worry about and the default settings are already very good but I am sure I will tweak them a bit over the coming days. All I have to do now is get a button configuration that suits me but it's already pretty good so I don't think I will have to mess with it too much. There seems to be ample buttons so I don’t think I’ll have any trouble assigning everything that I need to. I initially thought the ‘Start Engine’ button as the d-pad was going to be a bit fiddly but it’s very nice actually and not a problem at all. There is a little toggle switch as well which is nice but I am not sure what it can be configured to if anything at all.. all it seems to do as default is to pause my session so I’ll have to mess around with that some more. I see that the TX has the same buttons so has anyone re-assigned this to anything?

So all in all one very happy bunny here as I can finally start to enjoy the game over a month after picking it and the console up. A big thankyou to @Robert Waddell for the option to loan your spare TX but as you know I was concerned about the power supply issue and this will be more than adequate for the time being.

Wow. This is excellent news indeed. Perhaps the best even over the game. You know how much we miss you Peter, and this will be so much fun ahead for you, even if single player is about 80% of the experience, because I know how you like it. In fact, I remember having to carry a spare wheel to a hotel room back when I first joined RD, and that wheel was a HORI model. Very small, but solid, and just as adequate for the purpose I wanted (to race). In fact, when I went back to the leaderboards with the Fanatec wheel, I could not even come CLOSE to some of the times. Of course, pCARS is different, and rightly so, but I still think non-FFB (well, that's not really true is it, because there is the rubber band feel...and the truth is, pCARS only utilizes about 60% of the wheels capability, so your experience is not that far off from ours, even though you can now see why I'm in love with the TX) is not a significant handicap (unless you feel it is) on the console. And you obviously don't. I think one day you will get up from playing and realize that you might have forgotten you were NOT on a ffb wheel! lol.

More importantly, you will be able to join us and have fun doing when I know must have been agony not to be able to do once you saw the games on screen. I expect you to thoroughly kick my ass again! And you don't have to worry about all that ffb settings crap that we do. Even though you can imagine the immersion with a high end wheel, it's all about YOU, as you always say, and I am a happy camper now that you have found something that makes you happy. Can't wait to see you in the races! Also good to hear about the pedals. Mine are better now that I put a stopper behind the brake, but sounds like they are very similar anyway. If you have more brake resistance, I'll trade ya! ;)

See you on the track buddy.

Well all I know is I had adjusted my Soft Clipping to what Rocco on PCars forum recommened and was able to drop my tyre force to 100. I also used to be able to feel the rumble of the rumble strips as I ran over them. Now the FFB seems like they just increased it at an expodential leval and it feels sloppy and stiff to me.
Just like in my Real car I could feel the paint stripes in the wheel of my car when I drive over the Walmart parking lot. My Virtual car was almost as sensitive, Now it just feels like the belt has slipped off the powersteering pump and I have the same sensitivity of a M915 ( Army's verison of a Tractor trailor Truck)
Just to compare Apples to Apples, i did take the BMW out yesterday for a few laps and after turning down my tire force to 50 I could run a 33.8 in Qualifying trim. Like F1, the wheel is actually stiffer when you have a larger fuel load, which I didnt notice last time. That's what made me think they just magnified the FFB of the wheel and didn't really adjust any other sensitivity. The TX is capible of dislocating your thumbs if you put them in the wheel during calibration and the Game certainly uses all of its strength. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.
I'm just giving my honest opinion, obviously Those of us that have been using the previous settings will be at a disadvantage to those who are just starting out and have the benefit of feeling the new forces and dialing it in from there.
Robert, I'll try those other settings. I've been using the "Classic" settings and haven't changed a thing in there since entering them as SMS promised this would only effect the FFB on a Global level. However, I think I may need to go in and cut mine back on the computer. They say not to do that as you will lose the dynamic feel of the FFB, but seriously I think they just magnified/expodentialized turned up the FFB from the wheel in the coding to stop everyone's bitching. I can't feel the little things anymore.

The answer here is your FFB settings and your Master scale settings, after you apply the first (SoP) settings from the files. FFB can be 100, but turn the master down or up until you are comfortable. It may be that you were dealing with the clipping before because it felt better in terms of road feel, and I can't say I blame you, but they have just amped it up I think. Maybe a few other things too, but not many.

Ok guys just sold my old rims off my truck and thst gte leather wheel is calling my name..question amazon has it used in very good condition for 119.00 as opposed to 150.00 its from amazons wharehouse is it worth the extra coin to get it used? Or do they stand behind there stuff.never had to return anything with them and it says used are void of any manufacturers warrenty.

Yeah its about being comfortable with the car. I would pick a track you know with your eyes closed and run 10 laps with default settings. Take in account driver position and visibility. Also don't forget the Bentley
Railer has got his RUF running 34's, Chips is running 34-33's. I qualify in the 33's but I usually run 35-34's with full fuel load.

Last edited:
McNasty hope I caught you. Don't change your individual car settings unless you altered them from the spread sheet. Only adjust your global settings ie Tire Force. but before you do that, they recommend hitting Y and resetting all the FFB settings. Then adjust your Tire force down till it feels comfortable. Its still a bit different to me but its a lot closer to what I had. I'm running 50 on my tire force. And Jack Spade's Classic settings, although I may switch to the first set of numbers.

Yea im going to need that pdf ur talkin about robert..is it the same or a revised version of the jack s. Spreadsheet??

not sure how to send it through here, but there must be a way to attach files because I see them. I have tested all settings (the car settings, not the global settings on the first page), which should be the same for everyone (go back to default and then only change what is listed on the first page under the global settings in the controls section...I have my Tire Force at 100 and FFB at 100) and decided that the "66% SopLateral" (next to last one, after the classic settings) was the best feeling now re: the settings for individual cars.. You can really feel the car come alive...and feel the road. The best description is the author's:

Featuring Side Load Forces derivated from the Rear. The character of SopLateral leaves Mz more space to breathe, allows about10% - 13% increased Master Scale and Sop Scale values than in other sets. Entering curves the wheel slightly feels lighter than usual but compensates with more dynamic, you gain more feel when the tail wants to step out. In the Fy+SopLateral Mix version Fy (side load front) is dominating, besides the Master Levels this is the main difference.Note, although different side load mix versions they are following laws of physics, in this case how SMS interprets including human error.

Bumps are great too. (but Michael, you may want to try the "Bumps Plus" since you really want to feel those curbs).

Felt so good I tried my new feeling car and qualified at 1:34.112 in a practice race. In Time Trial was about .8 faster than before. Within the same second as Chips and five spots away from Michael -- 1:34.883. The feel of these cars now is absolute nirvana. This is getting very close to what I expected...and it's hard to stop driving this game. Here is the lap:

Thanks for feed back sorry havent posted in a bit phone wouldnt did play this site as where I could read or post anything.but seems to back to normal. Im using the 66% one and my tire force is 90 or 85 cant rember but its way down from the 120 150 I had it at...lol it will pick yp the table niw at those settings..think il try each ffb but am liking this one (66%) atm

Thanks for feed back sorry havent posted in a bit phone wouldnt did play this site as where I could read or post anything.but seems to back to normal. Im using the 66% one and my tire force is 90 or 85 cant rember but its way down from the 120 150 I had it at...lol it will pick yp the table niw at those settings..think il try each ffb but am liking this one (66%) atm

Yea, I'm with you. After retesting them all after the patch, the best "patch" for the still missing road feel is the "66% LateralSoP Lateral" IMO. It does exactly what it says it does in the notes, with the key features for me being:
-- allows about10% - 13% increased Master Scale and Sop Scale values than in other sets
-- Entering curves the wheel slightly feels lighter than usual but compensates with...more feel when the tail wants to step out.

I was hardly feeling the back end at all before. In the other one, I was getting better side load feel in the front, but not the back, which is needed more, IMO. Tire grip and lateral slip angles could still be much better in this game, but I guess they had to compromise somewhere. All in all, it still equals the best feeling game (by a long shot) on the console, but you have to be very careful to reset your settings and follow the pdf to the letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 130 7.5%