Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Matt those temps are hard to see.. you have to get some practice and just play with that display until you know what youre looking at. It took me a while, and it helps if you are in the same car. I have mapped my Motec button to the scroll button on my wheel and flip through it whenever I need to know something. I was running about 107'C most of the race. However, in a practice race with me Robert and Railer I took damage in the front and ran 5 laps with the temp up to 123'C with no alarms or loss in power. In my experience race engines perform best 220-230F. Not sure how long it would have lasted, but with Mech Breakdowns turned on I'm sure we will never know exactly when our time will come. I just know if Ian Bell doesn't like you, they aren't letting you out of the pits! I'd almost rather suffer the damage and blow up then be stuck in the pits whilest everyone goes by. I got lucky at Silverstone they let be back out to race. I changed my fuel strategy and was able to finish.
There is another British GT series being run by a very large online group, that seems to be promoted by PCars (which hopefully means support by the developers). So lets hope any issues they encounter will help us in our quest for a bug free game. It can only help us not hurt us.

So it appears from a few posts that the patch is effecting FFB....Bad times for you guys. Also i can't see them on the Mclaren too small and my eyesight is still ****.

Boothy you get a free pass to switch if your eyes can see the Motec in another car and you want to go that route.... Some are bigger than others. I can barely see the Audi words.

Or false reports of how "great and wonderful" the game is working when you have not screwed up your xbox Mike. Call me a pessimist, but anyone associated with pCARS is suspect. I get more honest answers here than anywhere else.
Yeah I know they don't take critisism well for a Community Funded game but I'm hoping they use TORA as a direct feedback Beta Tester and fix problems as they arise. They have a lot of members as well and some healthy influence. RD could stand to post some Unbiased constructive critisism to help enforce their standing with the racing community. So far the only negative comments are buried deep in the PCars forum, and scattered about on RD which you have to search for. When the game works its briliant, but I totally agree with you on there are some game-breaking bugs which need to be addressed

Yeah I know they don't take criticism well for a Community Funded game but I'm hoping they use TORA as a direct feedback Beta Tester and fix problems as they arise. They have a lot of members as well and some healthy influence. RD could stand to post some Unbiased constructive criticism to help enforce their standing with the racing community. So far the only negative comments are buried deep in the PCars forum, and scattered about on RD which you have to search for. When the game works its brilliant, but I totally agree with you on there are some game-breaking bugs which need to be addressed

Mike I gotta call B.S. on this. Sorry. It's not personal, but I disagree. Bram literally ripped apart Ian Bell when he came here to try and "smooth over" the "little niggles" in the PC server performance. But the thread started when someone complained about SMS banning consumers who paid for their game from their website. (brilliant). And that's not even .01% of how many problems there are on the xbox. By the time everyone finished lambasting Mr. Bell (who is truly a corporate shrill and a sarcastic, arrogant bastard, like most successful CEOs) he shrunk away. However, I do think most of the devs want to get it right. I piled on at the end but I think he was gone by then. There is a long long history of animosity between RD and SMS that you may not know about. In fact, many on the PC side said this game was not up to snuff the day it came out...and that was on *PC* fer christsake. Sure you have your investors and lovers of the hype...I was guilty too, but there has been no shortage of damnation since we all realized here what we got, especially on the xbox side. And apparently the PC servers are a disaster too. Before that, it was a basic argument between the "backers" and the "non-investors" back and forth, mostly on PC. I know, I read every one.

Currently, RD may be the most vocal of all sites (major ones) regarding the crap pCARS has put out.

Last edited:
Mike, I took a look at the TORA site. I've been there before, but it's expanded a bit. About 1/16th the size of RD, I think, but anyway, nice post about the British GT (wonder where they got that idea?). Slick, for sure, but I don't know how they will pull it off. Let us know if they do.

One thing I noticed was this quote from admin: "As regards assists, the real GT3 cars have TCS and ABS. Those will be permitted."

For a series that claims to "be closely associated with the Avon Tires British GT" you would think they would know more about what the cars actually have. From the British GT website in the Tech Regs, "GT3: These cars will normally run to the current FIA GT3 Technical Regulations and their current respective technical forms...."

And the FIA allows not only TCS but ABS and SCS. Stability control is left out in TORA, but if you go to the FIA website, (and read the tech regs very closely) you will see that stability control and electronic monitoring systems cannot be separated. Here are some examples from cars:

-- McLaren TAG electronic control system.
-- Dynamic auspensions DSSV damper units
-- Drive-by-wire throttle control and auto ‘blip’

It's meant to be a basic road car with equalized homolgamation.

No doubt this game isn't right yet, I just want to see it in all of its intended glory. :thumbsup: The Other Racing Association has a very spread out schedule and runs on Sundays. I'm just thinking of doing a GT4 race or two and see how things are organized. I don't have any friends over there, and its much better when you can trust who you run with. :thumbsup:

No doubt this game isn't right yet, I just want to see it in all of its intended glory. :thumbsup: The Other Racing Association has a very spread out schedule and runs on Sundays. I'm just thinking of doing a GT4 race or two and see how things are organized. I don't have any friends over there, and its much better when you can trust who you run with. :thumbsup:
I think you'll have a lot of fun over there as they seem a good bunch and have a strong grid of drivers.

Oh and another thing they already have a slot on Motors TV (not sure if you get that over there) so a great incentive for SMS to get their act together and make sure things are fixed. What better way to advertise your product than a motoring TV programme :thumbsup:

Reactions: Rob
Agreed! I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but if I was a CEO I'd want to have my **** together before I put my name on the line. With all the publicity they're getting, you can only tune out the naysayers so long before the murmurs become a roar.

Agreed! I don't know maybe I'm crazy, but if I was a CEO I'd want to have my **** together before I put my name on the line. With all the publicity they're getting, you can only tune out the naysayers so long before the murmurs become a roar.

The thing with this game is an inherent paradox. Nothing I have experienced comes anywhere even close to the feeling I had on the track...except moments in this game. Yet, many times a race you are jolted out of that space by something that a human messed up. Far be it from me to know how they got (or sunk) to either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 356 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%