Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Oulton Park International Grand Prix(2)
British GT Championship
6/27/2015 @ 10:00pm BST; 5:00pm U.S. EDT
Practice: 9:30pm BST (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 10:00pm BST (10 minutes)
Warmup: 10:10pm BST (5 minutes)
Race: 10:15pm BST (31 laps, including formation lap)
(This is a "Short" race = approx. 1h)
Actual Series: Fastest Qualifying Lap 2015 = Aston Martin Vantage GT3 -- 01:33.877
Day: Saturday
Time: 5:00pm U.S. Eastern; 10:00pm BST (start of qualification)
Damage: ON
Mechanical Failures: ON
Tire Wear: 2x
Fuel Usage: NORMAL
Flags and Penalties: ON
Auto Start Engine: YES
Assists: SET TO "REAL" AND COCKPIT OR HELMET MANDATORY
Weather: SET TO REAL WEATHER IN 2015 LOCATION OR LAST RACE RUN.
Time Progression: 2x
Practice Lobby to open 30 minutes before qualifying, followed by a 10 minute qualifying session, 5 minute warmup session and then the race.

Drivers Signed Up:
1. Robert Waddell / OctoberDusk06 / Ruf GT3 #11
2. Michael Watts / michaei watts / BMW Z4 GT3 #82
3. Damon Harris / OcR Ceaser / Aston Martin GT3 #__
4. Peter Hooper / Hammerpgh / TBD GT3 #__
5. Kenvin Kirkbride / Ch1ps N Queso / Bentley Continental GT3 #88
6. Railer Cantrell / HRH 5 Racing / Ruf GT3 #09
7. Eric Cline / McNasty0421/ BMW Z4 GT3 #83
8. Peter Evans / Pulltheplug666 / TBD GT3 #__

NOTES:
1. For shorter than one hour ("Short" races), no pit stop is required. Since the game (and the actual series) allows tires to run for one hour or longer if managed correctly, tire wear will be set to "2x" so as to encourage pit stops and strategy. Practice accordingly.

2. Due to loss of force feedback on some wheels, starts will be rolling, but the first lap speed is 50mph maximum so drivers may reset their wheels, if necessary. We will then line up in the same order we started and the race will start (drivers may accelerate and pass) when the pole sitter crosses the start/finish line.

3. All League and Race Department Rules apply, with the stewards able to issue penalties even though no protest was filed. Please record your races and make them available via Twitch or YouTube.

4. There will be no breaks in between sessions, so be sure to take your break before qualifying if needed.

Championship points
The Avon Tyres British GT Championship awards points as follows in the GT3 class:

Races of one hour or less (including each race in a double header):
1st 25, 2nd 18, 3rd 15, 4th 12, 5th 10, 6th 8, 7th 6, 8th 4, 9th 2, 10th 1.

For races of two hours or less, points and a half are awarded:
1st 37.5, 2nd 27, 3rd 22.5, 4th 18, 5th 15, 6th 12, 7th 9, 8th 6, 9th 3, 10th 1.5.

Last edited:
Well, I had everything I needed to have a decent finish, but this time, I can't blame the game...the blame goes squarely on myself. Had a great start, getting up to 3rd I believe, when the two McLaren's went wide into turn one, then Kevin got hung out in that heavy Bently after the uphill exit on the 2nd chicane. Think I was running third for a while. I was even catching McNasty, and ran the fastest lap of the race, up to then, on lap three, so my pace was solid.

Then on lap five (5), going into the banked right after the kink, Dan and I were side by side, but Dan was lagging like hell. It was hard to judge where he was, and I tried to stay as low as possible in the banked section, but apparently not low enough and I probably ran Dan up the track a bit...of so, sorry about that Dan...I was trying to give you room despite the lag. After that, HRH was right on my tail in what provided to be foreshadowing for some close battling with him most of the race. On lap five though, everything fell apart. I knew the last turn would bite me in the ass at some point (from practice) but I didn't realize it would be at such a critical juncture. HRH got by, and I was last ot near last after pulling into the pits. This first time, my pit crew let me back out.

Then, after thinking I would just have to tool about in back again, HRH made some errors of his own (a rarity) and we had some very close, very tight, very fair, and very fun racing. A couple mistakes too many from the factory Ruf, and I knew I would not be dead last, but I figured my buddy might be hurt since they would not let him out of the pits after the race. Turns out, Ian Bell and the good folks at SMS must not release certain cars or people they don't like once they pit. So..alas, I was stuck too. No matter, I probably would not have improved or worsened my finish. Despite the game's idiocy.

NOTE: If the patch does not fix this pit bug, that driver shall get the points he would have gotten (place-wise) before he got stuck in the pits, regardless of final finish position.

Here is the race in whole:

Last edited:
Well, I had everything I needed to have a decent finish, but this time, I can't blame the game...the blame goes squarely on myself. Had a great start, getting up to 3rd I believe, when the two McLaren's went wide into turn one, then Kevin got hung out in that heavy Bently after the uphill exit on the 2nd chicane. Think I was running third for a while. I was even catching McNasty, and ran the fastest lap of the race, up to then, on lap three, so my pace was solid.

Then on lap five (5), going into the banked right after the kink, Dan and I were side by side, but Dan was lagging like hell. It was hard to judge where he was, and I tried to stay as low as possible in the banked section, but apparently not low enough and I probably ran Dan up the track a bit...of so, sorry about that Dan...I was trying to give you room despite the lag. After that, HRH was right on my tail in what provided to be foreshadowing for some close battling with him most of the race. On lap five though, everything fell apart. I knew the last turn would bite me in the ass at some point (from practice) but I didn't realize it would be at such a critical juncture. HRH got by, and I was last ot near last after pulling into the pits. This first time, my pit crew let me back out.

Then, after thinking I would just have to tool about in back again, HRH made some errors of his own (a rarity) and we had some very close, very tight, very fair, and very fun racing. A couple mistakes too many from the factory Ruf, and I knew I would not be dead last, but I figured my buddy might be hurt since they would not let him out of the pits after the race. Turns out, Ian Bell and the good folks at SMS must not release certain cars or people they don't like once they pit. So..alas, I was stuck too. No matter, I probably would not have improved or worsened my finish. Despite the game's idiocy.

NOTE: If the patch does not fix this pit bug, that driver shall get the points he would have gotten (place-wise) before he got stuck in the pits, regardless of final finish position.

Here is the race in whole:
What actually happens at the bugged pit stops Robert, you just sit in the pits not able to move?

Such a shame as it will spoil so many races if it's a regular occurrence.

Don't worry I've watched the replay so can see now what happens. Strange that your engineer actually tells you initially it's taking longer than usual to get you out, but then nothing more. This bug has been officially reported I assume?

Good drive anyway Robert, shame about that mistake on lap 5... Cost you a lot of time there with the extra pit stop. Good to see there were not the same connection problems as last time as well :thumbsup:

When things go smoothly this is such a good sim but those little hiccups are such a pain and are just going to kill it in the long run if they aren't able to fix them. I noticed you had that track map problem that I mentioned the other day Robert.

Good drive anyway Robert, shame about that mistake on lap 5... Cost you a lot of time there with the extra pit stop. Good to see there were not the same connection problems as last time as well :thumbsup:

Thank you Peter, You have, as usual, boiled the race down to he key moment...the essence of the minute in racing it can all just fall apart. I too had it in the head, I could hear someone saying "((at some point Robert, you will screw up on the last turn...you know it...and I know it))" And then, boom....

As much as that was part of the race climax for me, the part that I will never forget are the battles with Railer, fittingly told between two poignant bookends...i. ) first, him escaping the pits before me, when he entered *after* me and two ii.) joining him in his misery while sacrificing my finish for my buddy, not just a car on a screen...it's the whole reason I do all this gaming in the first place. And takes part between 6:30 and 37:00 of my video. I've never felt so pushed yet so, (what's the word here?), "bonded" together with a very good person I respect so much, and friend, in a raging battle (even though it looked tame to a few maybe) trying like hell to stay ahead of him, then him hunting me down after me blundering one too many corners (still don't know how I survived that chicane "base-bollard") that without @Railer Cantrell getting me to feel I was transported to a different space, where I thought I was on a track in England, and so was he, and we were on a mission together, even though foes, to beat each other and exceed our capacity.

I wanted him to fall, but then again didn't as he pulled me to do better. When it was over it is perhaps the closest I have felt to any racer and also to "being somewhere else" that was far away. Which is why I play. And this race was me really feeling that for the first time...so they are doing something right. Just want tot say thanks to Railer and all you guys who make this sort of thing possible.

Last edited:
Laps 7-26 (by the video clock in lower left)
1:37.4
1:35.7
1:35.9
1:35.8
1:36.6
1:37.1
1:39.3 (bobble in the sand)
1:35.7
1:49.8 (bollard hit & mistake by Railer; we must share a brain)
1:38.8 (nice clean overtake by Michael)
1:38.3
1:38.3
1:37.4
1:38.1
1:38.7
1:38.0
1:36.6
1:37.5
1:37.7
*(clearly faster when doing the hunting).

....on full fuel, with four laps as good or better than qualifying. Amazing feeling. At least for me.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

After switching from f1 2014, xbox 360 forsed by breakdown of my Fanatec wheel.

2 weeks ago my TX steering received from Amazon.

A couple of times to test, but by having to work abroad , only test on Friday and yesterday .

My thanks to all the people who have posted on various forums data sheets with setups for the steering wheel and car.

Was really nice to race again online with real racers after six months have not raced.

Was not fast enough, but by the short test period still happy with my progress.

I know that with some tweeks to the wheel that there is still some speed to find.

Unfortunately I lost the connection with the party during the race.

When I entered the pit, the car stay stationary :-(

The lollypopman just stay in front of the car.

Tried to push all the buttons, but no effect.

Congratulations to the top 3.

Thanks to Robert for organize this event.

Until the next race.

Rob grtz

Hello everyone,

After switching from f1 2014, xbox 360 forsed by breakdown of my Fanatec wheel.

2 weeks ago my TX steering received from Amazon.

A couple of times to test, but by having to work abroad , only test on Friday and yesterday .

My thanks to all the people who have posted on various forums data sheets with setups for the steering wheel and car.

Was really nice to race again online with real racers after six months have not raced.

Was not fast enough, but by the short test period still happy with my progress.

I know that with some tweeks to the wheel that there is still some speed to find.

Unfortunately I lost the connection with the party during the race.

When I entered the pit, the car stay stationary :-(

The lollypopman just stay in front of the car.

Tried to push all the buttons, but no effect.

Congratulations to the top 3.

Thanks to Robert for organize this event.

Until the next race.

Rob grtz
Yet another falling foul of this pit bug. I had a look this morning on the pCars forum and couldn't see this reported anywhere on Xbox and its definitely not on the known issues thread so you guys that got hit by it definitely need to report it there.

What were yours set to Robert? I just left mine at 50% where it started tbh.

A sure way to find out whether it is a setup issue or a driving issue is to set your radiator to high, which 50% seems high enough. But maybe go higher because I had mine that high (I think it was 40% for this race) and see if it happens again. You can toggle your Motec display to see the oil and water temp. If they go above 120F you are flirting with danger. Since I was so used to F1 and the indestructible engine, I had to adjust my driving style a bit for this game and make sure I was not decelerating using the gears a lot. I had the same problem a couple times when I first started, and being conscious of downshift helped. I had a couple of engines blow with your settings of 50% and I wondered why. Because at 50% you should be fine. So now I watch the Motec pretty carefully when practicing.
$_1.JPG

I had my Radiator originally set to 30%, but opened it to 40% for the race. Left my brakes at 25%, and you can see from the replay the fronts stayed glowing through most of the race, but never failed or gave me a warning so that was probably perfect. Never had a tire go red, they all maintained a very consistent temp across the board. Overall, I was very happy with the performance of the car and the Job of my team in preparation, as I wasn't about to pull into the pits after all that happened in the race.
I think the reason why the video worked is because I twitched after we were done with the race, instead of turning off the Xbox. I still had some lag but that was more of a network issue. The great thing about anyone who had issues in this race, is that there is going to be another one at the same track in two weeks. So plenty of time to get seat time. @Peter Hooper, I'm looking forward to see you out on track next time with a Spider wheel. I expect Kevin to be even faster when we return and should make a very heated battle. I should probably get used to seeing the rear bumper of the Bentley :p

Interesting thing about that video, I noticed that the Kevin's Bentley was actually showing as a McLaren #59, and Dan's McLaren was actually a Porsche??? It showed the Bentley at the back of the grid at the start. Another glitch...I guess.

I think all the cars were right on my video since I streamed it live, but the first race, what little I got of it, Dylan was completely missing. I tried you trick of going directly to the video from the Silverstone race, but got the same 8-9 minutes you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back