Race: the WTCC game Logitech problem

Justin Swan

RD-DVLC
Hi, wonder if anybody here has come across the same problem?

I've been playing Race 07 for a while now using the Logitech Driving Force GT wheel and loving it. I decided to download Race+caterham exp on steam as it was only £2.99
Although the DFGT is showing in the connected devices,as race 07 there is no profile so I went ahead and set up a custom profile but it's not playing ball at all. It's as if it's getting a constant signal from somewhere and every time I click to define gas or brake it immediately inputs a value before I get a chance to press the pedal, this doesn't happen with Race 07.
Anyone got any ideas or a solution?

Many thanks

Justin

Do you have your steering wheel perfectly straight when doing it? Maybe it's reading the wheel. I'm not familiar with the DFGT but if it has a stick shift maybe you have it in gear and that's registering. Or any other input device you have connected to your computer might be engaged.
These are wild guesses as I'm new to the game myself, like brand-new new.

Hmmm, don't think so but you've given me an idea. Maybe increasing dead zones on the pedals might stop the rogue input I'm getting?
I was gonna type that your pedals might be on their way out but I didn't want to go down the doom and gloom road so soon but they could be failing or just worn parts and unwanted input could be a symptom of it which could be the case. Dead zone should definitely help.

Logitec has an app you can download and this way you should be able to see if there is any unwanted input coming from your pedals.

Have you used the Logitech profiler to set up profiles for games? Check the global setting for pedals and make sure it's not set to report "combined pedals" (or maybe it's combined axis, not sure ATM). Also using the game controller settings in windows control panel you should be able to see whether the pedals are reporting a signal even though you aren't touching them.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%