Race Stewards needed

We need a help here determining who's faulty here.
It's nothing serious: just a friendly question.
Here there's a link to my and @Ser_Renely crash on Arena Oscher-thing :D
Speaking for myself, I can say that I've been braking excessively early due to the lack of knowledge of this track. Also, my FOV (see last part of video) didn't help understanding the relative position of Renely and I stuck to my line not realizing he was attacking from the inside.
What'd you say guys? What's your opinion?
Thanks for clearing this out!

For me its a little both, so as they say a "racing incident". Ser's closing speed is to be considered, he got right up in the inside in the braking zone but he did seem to come in there hot but not intentionally a dive bomb. When he came in, he reached a point of no return, would be up to Emilio to back out of it and let Ser overshoot the corner or take it. On Emilio's view, maybe watch your mirrors more? or defend the corner, left it wide open for Ser's to pop in, then you closed the door on him. Again its an simple racing incident. Easy to learn from, when you've won or lost the corner, either give it up fight another day or defend early moving to the left to cover the inside line. My Opinion :)

That is really cool! How do you get all of those angles and uploaded?

Yeah this is mostly me curious as to what is good/fair/smart racing and what isn't. I am new so I want to learn when it is my fault or not for incidents. There is no ill feelings at all :) I wasn't bothered by the crash at all, my instinct was that is probably what happens when you dive into the inside of someone on a turn after a straight away. But I only did it bc I thought I could make it...famous last words?

As to could I have made the corner? I think I had it and on the inside line, but I honestly don't know. I could have either crossed into his path if he stayed on the outside lane of the turn and crashed into Emilio, or I would have had to slow down more to stay on the inside and thus he would have easily stayed in front as if he stayed on the outside of the turn. Adac cars are nasty on some turns and I am constantly surprised what they can make one turn and what not the next.

@Ser_Renely It takes experience and laps in each car to learn what it can and can't do, that way when do get in a duel you will know if the car can stick or not. With the ADAC cars for me at least you have to get the majority of your braking done before turn in and as straight as possible, otherwise the rear end will swap around or snow plow into understeer.

I was just chatting with @Ser_Renely right now and I was saying him that to me the physics for the accident looked quite realistic!
He agreed but he wondered why the spin happened just to him and not me. I wasn't super-reactive with the corrections, as you can see from the cockpit view, but at the moment of the impact I can say I felt the car kind-of-stable and I've managed then to maintain control.

Very interesting... at first I was going to say he had the position but after taking a closer look there was no way Ser was going to make that corner at that angle of entry without running up the track and into you if you held your ground. There was enough room on the bottom but not at that speed and angle of entry. If Ser would have been higher in the groove (first pic) then the pass may have worked.
upload_2014-12-7_22-2-33.png
upload_2014-12-7_22-2-50.png

It was a very optimistic dive, but I would play a racing incident card, seeing that Ser didn't get anything out of it, and you didn't lose all that much time.
If Ser had have gained position, or even taken you off the circuit I would be much more inclined to point the finger at him, but I reckon just a racing incident.

In my opinion once Sean was alongside Emilio, and in fact slightly ahead, Emilio should have given the corner (and possibly letting Sean run wide and regaining the position). It was not a sudden dive. BUT, if Emilio wasn't able to see it properly, what can one do?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 108 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 202 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 384 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 521 38.3%