Race Stewards needed

We need a help here determining who's faulty here.
It's nothing serious: just a friendly question.
Here there's a link to my and @Ser_Renely crash on Arena Oscher-thing :D
Speaking for myself, I can say that I've been braking excessively early due to the lack of knowledge of this track. Also, my FOV (see last part of video) didn't help understanding the relative position of Renely and I stuck to my line not realizing he was attacking from the inside.
What'd you say guys? What's your opinion?
Thanks for clearing this out!

I would suggest to use the mirrors when the car has some (not like the MP4) even when this FOV is more comfy for you. For this you can keep your FOV but adjust the seat position more to the back. I feel more comfy to see what is going on behind me and still sometime cars disappear...then they have to be beside you or spun out. And it helps to avoid Kamikaze drivers.

Imho Emilio closed the door too late as Ser was already in ...although it was optimistic and probably would have ended in a contact. 70/30
After
Ser's video I have to revise my opinion fully, sorry for the misinterpretation. Race control needs all available video proofs first ;-) This maneuver was too optimistic

Last edited:
Hey guys thank you so much for your feedback! It's nice to have these kind of responses. Definitely helpful and useful for hints and suggestions are always welcome and might help other drivers as well in the future. Honestly... I can't wait till I get my hands on the final release of the Oculus. That will definitely give a WAY better perception of the surroundings! ....Or it can cause massive drooling and then even 100% TC won't save you from spinning like Tonya Harding at the Olympic Games

Tricky one to call.
But..
Racing rules do ask that a move has to be possible without contact.
Yes he (attacking car) had significant overlap at the turn in point but from such a poor/ambitious line that it was never going to work without contact in a med speed corner. He could not have made that move and successfully allowed racing room. If it was say a 1st gear hairpin track position is king and he could have possibly slowed it and claimed the apex from such a compromised line.

The only thing the leading car could have done to avoid contact would have been to stop and he's not required to do that.

So in my view it is primarily the fault of the attacking car.

1.jpg

In all seriousness, I think the fault lies more with @Ser_Renely. If Emilio's car wasn't there at all I'm not sure you would have made it through the corner with that speed on that line. Sand pit for you either way.

I do agree (as other).
This speed, on this line.. you can't make it in this corner.
Emilio could have let a little bit more place on the inside, but @Ser_Renely couldn't make it without a hit.
Btw I think there may be enough room in the inside, Ser wasn't even on the curb. If Ser had a better line he could have make it...

I call it a 50/50

Here is my first crap video from my cockpit...quality is poor, not sure why. seat position in the replay is not right...no idea how to change that. I wanted to put Dave Mathews, Crash into me on the slow mo section, but I don't have the time to learn and do it right now. :D

I agree, I think I was going a bit too fast into the corner, a bit too excited, wanting to try and capitalize on Emilios mistake. Needed another 10 feet of straight. Although, I did try a few times to recreate my speed about 70mph and slowing, and line into the corner... and it is possible....although I totally agree, not the best race move and probably going to end badly for someone or both....which I agree is silly to try.

For me this incident is trying to learn when one driver has to yield to the other and who is winning going into the corner. It is pretty crazy how fast you have to make the decisions after you commit, which makes me realize how risky the move is on many levels. The other driver has to be fully aware of what I am doing and what they are doing....very difficult in a game. I was hoping to win the corner going into it, thus forcing Emilio to let me through.

Great feedback from everyone. Learning :)

It is pretty crazy how fast you have to make the decisions after you commit, which makes me realize how risky the move is on many levels.
Nobody's perfect. Everybody makes mistakes, even the most experienced and/or skillful. You have to make a call in a split second and getting it right will happen more often with experience but things like this will always happen. That's (sim) racing. Life would be boring without the odd incident to mull over! :)

Makes me appreciate how talented the real-life drivers are, especially in F1 where everything happens at an incredible pace and the cars are highly intolerant to damage. Watching drivers who trust each other racing wheel-to-wheel is awesome.

Nobody's perfect. Everybody makes mistakes, even the most experienced and/or skillful. You have to make a call in a split second and getting it right will happen more often with experience but things like this will always happen. That's (sim) racing. Life would be boring without the odd incident to mull over! :)

Makes me appreciate how talented the real-life drivers are, especially in F1 where everything happens at an incredible pace and the cars are highly intolerant to damage. Watching drivers who trust each other racing wheel-to-wheel is awesome.

It will take me a while to learn and make less mistakes, that was only my 4th MP race ever. I should have just closed the gap and pressured him in the next dozen turns for an overtake, instead of going for it so hard, too early.

Coincidentally I was trying to recreate an F-1 moment, since that is really the only racing I am able to watch. Yeah, those guys are ridiculous, the first laps of those races are just incredible skill wise....to bad there is such a difference in performance....after the first 2 cars, lol.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 270 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 181 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 134 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 240 13.6%